Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Marysville by 8-16

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Marysville by 17+

Votes: 11 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buckeyes11/

Division 1 Region 2 championship the springfield wildcats and marysville monarchs face off both teams have two of the best defenses in the state and have been thumping teams all year. Marysville is led by Ohio state linebacker commit gabe powers who plays running back aswell. Springfield has D1 athletes all over the field and is looking to advance to there third straight final four what should we expect to see in this game.

This will be a great matchup between the #2 and #5 ranked teams in the state. Interesting that this deep into the playoffs, the top 5 rated teams are all still alive. I agree this should be a defensive battle that could go either way. But, I give the edge to SHS because of their playoff experience past 2 years and how they're on a mission to return to State and get past the semifinal round. Also, SHS's team has better experience the past 3 years playing non-conference powerhouse opponents from around the State.

This game will be a good hard hitting one. I remember Marysville coming down to Springfield rd 1 two years ago and thinking this team is physical. Springfield jumped out early but game was physical all 4 quarters. I’m sure Marysville will want some kind of revenge for that game and they seem to be rolling coming into this game. Outside of Powers who else is there to watch for

Should be a good, competitive game. Calpreps.com has it Marysville 21 - Springfield 17. I think this is may be a bit high but I think Marysville takes it by 3, maybe 17-14 or perhaps even 10-7.

Springfield definitely has the playoff experience advantage. Marysville is coming into this game off a more impressive week 12 showing with their 49-14 w over Toledo Whitmer compared to Springfield’s 14-0 w over Findlay. Also, Findlay loss to Whitmer 40-6 in week 5. Marysville experiencing the team speed of Whitmer only helps them going into the Springfield game. Finally, I think your 5 Star player needs to play like one on BOTH sides of the ball, sounds like Powers has been doing just that. Good luck to both teams.

Should be a good, competitive game. Calpreps.com has it Marysville 21 - Springfield 17. I think this is may be a bit high but I think Marysville takes it by 3, maybe 17-14 or perhaps even 10-7.

Springfield definitely has the playoff experience advantage. Marysville is coming into this game off a more impressive week 12 showing with their 49-14 w over Toledo Whitmer compared to Springfield’s 14-0 w over Findlay. Also, Findlay loss to Whitmer 40-6 in week 5. Marysville experiencing the team speed of Whitmer only helps them going into the Springfield game. Finally, I think your 5 Star player needs to play like one on BOTH sides of the ball, sounds like Powers has been doing just that. Good luck to both teams.
I agree that it will be very low scoring I have springfield winning however. I think there speed will get them a few more big plays

Depends a lot on Springfield's offense...I tend to think this will be a 7-3 or 10-7 type of game either way. If either team scores 17+ they will win with how both have been playing defensively.

I'll chime in opposite. Persuming neither has issues with unforced errors, I thought both offenses were stronger than their D and that both have issues on D that can be exploited by the strengths I saw on O. I think high and quick scoring, a run to 30s for sure.

The Wildcats offense is pathetic. Punting from your opponents 29 yard line! Their defense is stout! Offense, well it’s offensive if you ask me ???.

I'll chime in opposite. Persuming neither has issues with unforced errors, I thought both offenses were stronger than their D and that both have issues on D that can be exploited by the strengths I saw on O. I think high and quick scoring, a run to 30s for sure.
I think if a team was to reach 30 it’s springfield because of the potential they could overwhelm marysville. They have so much speed on that field that if the o line gives smoot time the receivers will get open. I expect it to be low scoring however.

Last edited:
I thought both offenses were stronger than their D and that both have issues on D that can be exploited by the strengths I saw on O.
I know nothing about Marysville besides Powers. But are we talking about the same Springfield offense and defense? The offense has had up and down all season and has not come close to being stronger than the D. The defense has given up 55 yards rushing per game and 82 passing, it's had 6 shutouts and given up 76 points all season.

Marysville strength on offense appears to be their rushing attack, which is the Cats defensive strength. So I'm curious, what weakness do you see being exploited?

GO CATS!!!!!!!

The crazy thing with Yappi is. These Springfield fans will chat with you all week and be professional, then Friday night if they win, they get out of control and talk smack like a bunch of high school kids. Crazy stuff

I hope Marysville punches them in the mouth and shuts them up. And i'm not a Marysville fan or from Marysville.
Are you serious? ORB is the only one. Who else??

Gabe Powers is the focus every week and he is the work horse as needed but he is not the leader of the major categories of rushing ( Griffen Johnson) or tackling (brother Colton Powers). So Marysville is not as one dimensional as many think.

Very few Marysville fans on these boards and you won’t get smack talk from me or other actual Marysville fans.

Should be a hard hitting game and Marysville has not been prone to making mistakes while forcing others to do so. Marysville stops passing with the rush so pressure on Springfield QB will be the key to stopping the Springfield offense, Whitmer did a good job with the rush and the DBs did enough to allow the d-line to make Whitmer’s QB uncomfortable. On offense Marysville passes just enough to keep defenses honest and can hit the long ball if allowed. The counter action on the run is on point and has proven hard to stop.

At the beginning of the year I thought this would be the high point of the season but I after the continuous dominance this far I am starting to believe anyhthing is possible.

Should be a good game and hopefully we can all agree next week the best team has won.

Go Monarchs!

I think if a team was to reach 30 it’s springfield because of the overwhelming effect. They have so much speed on that field that if the o line gives smoot time the receivers will get open. I expect it to be low scoring however.
This year, SHS has given up 6.2 ppg on average in 12 games. They shutout half of their opponents. Only 2 opponents got 20 points (St Ignatius, Miamisburg). The other 4 opponents who scored on them were shutout for 3 quarters (Lima, Wayne, Centerville, Northmont in the 2d game). And, Northmont lone TD came late in the 4th qtr when SHS had been subbing the entire 2d half. In many games, quality opponents struggled to get 1st downs and cross the 50. Marysville's offense will have their work cutout for them. Assuming SHS plays well and doesn't make uncharacteristic mistakes, realistically, Marysville will be lucky if they score more than once. For them to have a chance to win, their defense must expect to hold SHS to 1 score or less like Coffman did 2 years ago. With that said, Marysville's defense is capable of doing that. I think it will come down to which team makes big plays and cashes in on opportunities at crucial times.

Last edited:
Gabe Powers is the focus every week and he is the work horse as needed but he is not the leader of the major categories of rushing ( Griffen Johnson) or tackling (brother Colton Powers). So Marysville is not as one dimensional as many think.

Very few Marysville fans on these boards and you won’t get smack talk from me or other actual Marysville fans.

Should be a hard hitting game and Marysville has not been prone to making mistakes while forcing others to do so. Marysville stops passing with the rush so pressure on Springfield QB will be the key to stopping the Springfield offense, Whitmer did a good job with the rush and the DBs did enough to allow the d-line to make Whitmer’s QB uncomfortable. On offense Marysville passes just enough to keep defenses honest and can hit the long ball if allowed. The counter action on the run is on point and has proven hard to stop.

At the beginning of the year I thought this would be the high point of the season but I after the continuous dominance this far I am starting to believe anyhthing is possible.

Should be a good game and hopefully we can all agree next week the best team has won.

Go Monarchs!
Any one of the remaining 8 teams is capable of winning it all. Marysville has been quite impressive this year, especially with how they've continued to dominate this deep in the playoffs despite the pressures of being undefeated, ranked #2 and being the top seed. I give SHS the edge because they're a veteran team with good playoff experience and their SOS. Their seniors won at this level twice and are on a mission all year to do it again. But, it wouldn't surprise anyone if Marysville won. No one is overlooking them or taking them lightly this year. If Marysville wins, I see them in Canton playing for it all.

Last edited:
Marysville Wins with Running Clock. Ohio River Boyyy complains about the Officials, Parking and everything else he can think of.
Given the history of your so called predictions being wrong, this one should pretty much guarantee an SHS win. You're like the Energizer bunny. Keep up the good work chief! "Down goes Smarty," yet again!

Last edited:
Remember, you're a Springfield supporter now. You promised
Oh, I definitely support Springfield. I’m an OCC guy. But if Central Ohio can’t win, Springfield is my choice. I do believe their experience of past years is an X-factor. They do need to get that offense going a little more. Defense is of course outstanding. Can’t wait til Friday night already.

Hate to say it but I think Marysville takes this 24-7. Marysville’s D has only given up 9 more points this season than SHS. Their offense is about 50 points better on the season. OCC was tougher than the GWOC in

This year, SHS has given up 6.2 ppg on average in 12 games. They shutout half of their opponents. Only 2 opponents got 20 points (St Ignatius, Miamisburg). The other 4 opponents who scored on them were shutout for 3 quarters (Lima, Wayne, Centerville, Northmont in the 2d game). And, Northmont lone TD came late in the 4th qtr when SHS had been subbing the entire 2d half. In many games, quality opponents struggled to get 1st downs and cross the 50. Marysville's offense will have their work cutout for them. Assuming SHS plays well and doesn't make uncharacteristic mistakes, realistically, Marysville will be lucky if they score more than once. For them to have a chance to win, their defense must expect to hold SHS to 1 score or less like Coffman did 2 years ago. With that said, Marysville's defense is capable of doing that. I think it will come down to which team makes big plays and cashes in on opportunities at crucial times.
Marysville beat
Marysville beat Whitmer 49-14 whitmer beat Findlay 40-6 shs beat Findlay 13-0 see where I’m going with this?