Springfield Spartans vs Mogadore Wildcats

thepolster

This is calpreps.com prediction. Does not necessarily reflect the views of Yappi.lol
Mogadore (OH) 38 Springfield (Akron, OH) 16

My prediction
Mogadore (OH) 15 Springfield (Akron, OH) 22 :D

Home field with all healthy.

It will be hard for Springfield to stop the run and pass. They set the play action up better than any team I have seen. Mogadore is so disciplined. Mogadore isn't very big but, they dont make mental mistakes. 23,10,31, are the players to watch out for. If Berry has a hole hes gone for the races. Defense for Mogadore is not at all good. Slow but very disciplined.

Springfield has a big problem giving teams a short field to work with . Springfield's kicking game will lose the game single handily for them.

28-13 Mogadore, only because of special teams and what Mogadore will do with short yardage.

Mogadore up by 2 scores or more at half, pulls away in the 3rd.

Mogadore's offense is a LOT better than last year's (best QB they've had since at least 1996 state title team, if not longer) oh yeah, and still have Berry that ran wild against Springfield last year.

Springfield scores a late TD in garbage time to make it look closer than it was...41-21 (Mogadore is always good for a missed XP).

you are not to smart

You do realize you are only spouting opinion while I have given facts, games, scores, and statistical analysis (through Calpreps) to prove you wrong.

You have given no hard evidence to prove your opinion or disprove mine.

Mogadore ran up and down the field at will in the first half. Springfield never had a first down until less than a minute left in half when they went for it on 4th and 1 at their own 30.

Second half was continuous clock with Mogadore's JV against Springfield's starters. Springfield finally punched one in with a minute left in the game.

Mogadore's varsity probably averaged 8 yards a play and never had to punt. It was not a good night for Springfield.

Any turn overs? Any injuries. Is Moggys defense that good, or Springfields line that bad? Play calling?

Mogadore's defense was that good. Sprinfield didn't have any penalties that I can remember in the first half. They played sound ball, no penalties and the only turnovers was a 40 yard bomb intercepted on 3rd and long, and then another pick right before half when Springfield was in a throw only mode to try to score before half.

No fumbles. Matter of fact, I would say in the first half Mogadore had more mental mistakes than Springfield. They jumped off sides a few times, they fumbled the ball to Springfield on the opening drive when they were inside the Springfield 5 yard line ready to score. Honestly, Springfield was just out manned.

They only crossed mid field in the second half against Mogadore's JV and only had 1 maybe 2 first downs in the first half.

Mogadore's defense and offense are both really good this year, best all around team they have had in at least 10 years. Probably since their 2002 state championship team. The QB can really throw the ball.

They will be tested this week at Woodridge for sure.

This week showed me that Coventry is the real deal in the Metro this year. They hung close to Mogadore for awhile and just beat Kent last night.

If Springfield could have passed it better they could have done better on offense. I am not sure if they completed a pass in the first half that wasn't a WR quick screen. Mogadore completely stopped their running game. There were a few times Springfield had a WR open 10+ yards downfield (once 30+) and they just couldn't get the ball completed to them.

To bad Mogadore couldnt schedule a consistently good team outside the conference. For zhits and giggles a Stv in that range..... Or somehow just move up to Div3 and contend there....... I think the community would back something like that. That would be a Cinderella story.

Mogadore can't compete with the elite D3 schools, it's a numbers game.

They used to schedule big time OOC games like Newark Catholic, Manchester, Delphos St. John's, Columbiana, South Range, etc and may again soon. I don't know why they have scheduled basically the Metro as their OOC the last few years.

Hats off to Mogadore. That's the best team we've played on both sides of the ball.

Don't let BigWorm hear you say that, he will call you names and talk about how godlike the City Series is and that Ellet was just "practicing" against Springfield, etc etc.

PTC is the only league worse than the city in the state

I might actually agree with you but that statement has nothing to do with whether or not Mogadore would get killed in the CS like you believe.

FYI, the PTC will probably have 3 playoff teams this year in Crestwood, Woodridge, and Mogadore. The CS will be happy to get one in Ellet.

Tallmadge's third grade team would make the playoffs in Mogadore's division. They would not killed they would probably be able to beat North and have an outside chance of beating Kenmore

Tallmadge's third grade team would make the playoffs in Mogadore's division. They would not killed they would probably be able to beat North and have an outside chance of beating Kenmore

Ignorance must be bliss.

Still gotta give props to this team. They are by far the best opponent we saw this year. Good luck to the Wildcats in the playoffs this year. Hopefully you can get past Kirtland and make the show.