Springfield at St Ignatius week 1

Springfield or ignatius

• Total voters

Springfield didn't travel well in their first scrimmage, so I'm really interested in how they handle this one.

Springfield didn't travel well in their first scrimmage, so I'm really interested in how they handle this one.
Yeah Trinity will probably win state in kentucky however. Springfield just beat Westerville central 48-0 in the next scrimmage from what I’ve heard

Yeah Trinity will probably win state in kentucky however. Springfield just beat Westerville central 48-0 in the next scrimmage from what I’ve heard
Yeah, but that was short travel compared to three hours. It's a tough opponent out of the gate. I hope they play well. Go Springfield Wildcats!

Yeah, but that was short travel compared to three hours. It's a tough opponent out of the gate. I hope they play well. Go Springfield Wildcats!
Playing on Saturday will help. Mo will have them ready this isn’t the first long regular season game they went to Hudson a few years ago. Lima Senior as a last minute trip.

Ignatius needs a lot of work on both sides. Defensively the LBs other than #35, need a ton of improvement

If McKinley is who many say they are this year, then with the schedule, Ignatius will be fortunate to be 5-5, and realistically could be 3-7 type range if the look tonight is an indication of the entire season. I even more strongly reiterate Springfiled wins by at least 14 next week

I was much more bullish on this game before seeing the scrimmage tonight. Hard to see the Cleveland Cats keeping it close.

Damn this thread is dead for such a big game lol
The reality probably is that it isn't that large of a game. First, practically all make the playoffs, and even more importantly, if it is that close of a game I will be happily surprised. The talent level is probably not that close, let alone in week 1.

The reality probably is that it isn't that large of a game. First, practically all make the playoffs, and even more importantly, if it is that close of a game I will be happily surprised. The talent level is probably not that close, let alone in week 1.
Is iggy not looking good this year?

Does Springfield return a lot on their lines? They had some very good players on both sides last season.

I think Ignatius can keep this close with some pressure on the new Springfield QB.

The McKinley WRs were getting open rather easily. That could spell trouble for the extremely talented Springfield guys.

Is iggy not looking good this year?
No one really knows. The McKinley scrimmage doesn’t indicate much as one of the objectives was to get all 72 players some time on the field. With the planned running clock in the 3rd and final quarter, Ignatius coaches were calling time-outs just to get time to get kids on the field and more plays to be run. As mentioned before, Ignatius has varsity inexperience at some positions and some new asst. coaches, so they were figuring things out.

Ignatius fans recognize the schedule is very difficult, starting with Springfield and followed by Mentor, Hoban, Moeller, St. Xavier, St. Edward – all considered to be a high ranked team in Ohio + away games in Michigan and Maryland against high quality opponents.

It’s a new season. Each team has some good players returning and each has question marks. I anticipate that it will be a close game like last year’s opener. Both Wildcats will benefit from playing each other.

No one really knows. The McKinley scrimmage doesn’t indicate much as one of the objectives was to get all 72 players some time on the field. With the planned running clock in the 3rd and final quarter, Ignatius coaches were calling time-outs just to get time to get kids on the field and more plays to be run. As mentioned before, Ignatius has varsity inexperience at some positions and some new asst. coaches, so they were figuring things out.

Ignatius fans recognize the schedule is very difficult, starting with Springfield and followed by Mentor, Hoban, Moeller, St. Xavier, St. Edward – all considered to be a high ranked team in Ohio + away games in Michigan and Maryland against high quality opponents.

It’s a new season. Each team has some good players returning and each has question marks. I anticipate that it will be a close game like last year’s opener. Both Wildcats will benefit from playing each other.
I think Iggy's schedule will make them ready for the playoffs. I don't care what there record will be at the end of the year, no one wants them in the playoffs. Good luck to both Wildcats!

I thought Favazzo looked good out of the backfield. Punishing runner with good straight line speed. Rarely went down on first contact.

Does Springfield return a lot on their lines? They had some very good players on both sides last season.
I think Ignatius can keep this close with some pressure on the new Springfield QB.

The McKinley WRs were getting open rather easily. That could spell trouble for the extremely talented Springfield guys.
I believe they do return some on the O line and have a high recruit at D end in Jackson heims

I believe they do return some on the O line and have a high recruit at D end in Jackson heims
Thanks for the information.

They return a few WRs and LBs that made all conference and some defensive honorable mentions.

He did very well at a smaller school in Arcanum. I'm interested to see how he'll compete at the DI level, but with improved overall weapons. How has he looked so far in scrimmages

he’s looked very good from what I’ve heard and saw.

He did very well at a smaller school in Arcanum. I'm interested to see how he'll compete at the DI level, but with improved overall weapons. How has he looked so far in scrimmages?
He has looked pretty good. Working in 3 new olinemen he took some shots against Trinity but still delivered good balls. Think scrimmaging Trinity may of been best thing that happened to this team so far and will also help against Iggy. Westerville scrimmage didn’t really show much Springfield could score at will. Wonder if the series will stop after 2 games or will they schedule more games? I love seeing games like this especially with new playoff setup and almost everyone gets in go be tested

I
I think Iggy's schedule will make them ready for the playoffs. I don't care what there record will be at the end of the year, no one wants them in the playoffs. Good luck to both Wildcats!
I hope Ed’s beats them in the regular season and sends Chico home for good. It’s a new age and the eagles rein is in full effect just like the cats of the 90s ……