Springboro vs Sycamore Recap ?

Boro can still redeem itself

Let's hope the Panthers did spend all of their bullets against the Aves. Big game tonight vs. Centerville. Go Boro!

Close game on the ice. The cheap shots were ridiculous... two Sycamore players left the game with injuries after cheap shots. Although partial blame must obviously rest with both sides, clearly the home team had a much, much larger share in it.

The refs let too much go early and they never had control. At the end of the game, 47 seconds left at 4-2, Springboro number 11 hit Sycamore number 13 from behind. The Sycamore player had never touched the puck during that play, and h.]e went headfirst into the boards. He could have been significantly injured, as he was not expecting a player to run him full speed in that position.

At that point, Sycamore number 33 tried to fight Springboro 11 and knocked his helmet off. Both players were made to leave the game at this point.

In my opinion, normally, fighting is unjustifiable. However, in Sycamore 33's position, I would have done the same. The cheap shot by Springboro 11 could have easily been one of those horror stories that gains national notoriety.

At this point, the game clearly should have been called. It wasn't, and more cheap shots ensued (thankfully nobody else was hurt).

The other cheap shot that resulted in an injury was on Sycamore 9 in the second, resulting from an elbow to the face that brought him down when he didn't have the puck. He]is injury doesn't look too major, thankfully, although he did get a black eye because his helmet had shifted.

After the game was over, someone from Springboro snapped the Sycamore goalie's stick that was outside of the locker room. The Springboro coach gave the goalie his own stick in order to make amends.

Needless to say, I hope this game is not repeated. It was pretty awful.

Not Good

Not the kind of recap you want to hear about. I saw #`11 play alot of pre-post and never saw him do anything intentional. Let's home it was a case of being caught up in the moment - that's no excuse though. The implications of a hit into the boards can be lifelong trauma. We have seen it happen in this area. Prefer never to see it again (or hear about it).

Did the two players in the scuffle get Game Misconducts or did they get DQ'd? If DQ'd that could have big impact on next games:

Cville vs Boro
Aves vs Braves

plus one more for each

They were misconducts I think and both players had the puck so idk what game he was watching. 13 cleared the puck and was sideways when 11 hit him it was contact to the head 5 min major and 10 misconduct not from behind clean hit? No but 11 was just finishing his hit and emotions running high on both sides leading to that after cheap shots on BOTH teams in the locker room 11 felt bad about the hit cause it wasn't intentional. But 9 got hit clean he had the puck coming across and just got killed by boros 93 clean hit no penalty. Stop trying to make it seem like everything was so dirty nothng was intentional just a result of a chippy game and get your facts straight before you come on here and try to make other people look bad. The refs let it get outta hand

Last edited:
The reason no penalty was called on number 9 was because the refereeing was atrocious. He didn't have the puck, and the hit was clearly high as it made his face bleed. Even if you're unintelligent enough to argue that a bloody face does not indicate a high hit, a penalty is still assessed whenever a player draws blood off of another player. There was no penalty because, again, the refereeing was terrible.

The hit on 13 was from behind. How else would he have gone headfirst into the boards when the player was standing on the inside of him with respect to the ice? The refs only made that call, they admitted after the game, in order to ensure that neither player was out for later games. They said that had 33 not engaged, 11 would have been gone for two games. However, they didn't want to hurt both teams for the next game. So, again, you're quite wrong.

Once again, let me rephrase. What you said defies physics with the hit by 11, and a bloody face probably indicates that the hit was high. So, once again, don't defend your team when they played such a dirty game. Own up to it, and I hope someone from Springboro talks to the team so that it doesn't happen again. It was embarrassing and angering to watch.

hmmm idk you do know a player can turn dont you? or are you that unintelligent it doesnt defy anything. he was sideways and 11 hit him high and he fell into the boards face first cause he turned.if anything a boarding penalty but not from behind. once again dont say that we are the reason for all that you played just as dirty

Last edited:
Let me run you through a simulation, as you clearly lack the ability to comprehend what has been said thus far.

1. It is possible that 11 hit 13 squarely from behind into the boards.
2. It is possible that 11 hit 13 when 13 was parallel to the boards, and the impact caused him to turn.
3. It is possible that 11 hit 13 from the side, and 13 turned after the hit on his own accord.

Let's examine these possibilities.
1. 11 hit 13 from behind, quite straightforward.
2. If the turn was as a result of the hit, the hit must have been from behind. Only in this fashion could 13 have turned as a result of the hit. Again, from behind.
3. Impossible for many reasons. First, The way in which he lay after the hit. Had he been spinning of his own accord, he would not have hit the boards and immediately dropped in the same position; he would have continued to spin to some degree. This also invalidates possibility 2 to some degree.

Logically, that leaves possibility 1. If you would like me to explain the physics explaining the impossibility of his body positioning when the boards issued the impulse, let me know. I'd be glad to.

Don't insult my intelligence, however, as I am statistically more intelligent than you can ever hope to be.

93's hit on 9 in the neutral zone was an elbow. Pretty obvious. I'd also like to point out the fact that obviously number 11 wasn't feeling very remorseful if he was blowing kisses sarcastically while in the box. Plus the fact that certain springboro players refused to shake hands. I don't know I would be pissed if my team lost 4 games to the same team including senior night

he blew kisses to the rest of your team not to 13. i wouldnt have felt bad if that was me especially after 33s cheapshot when 11 was skating to the box he wasnt even looking at him when it happened and 11 just laughed at him after his helmet fell off it was a pretty pathetic attempt i mean atleast get a good hit in if the kids not looking. And im sorry that 9 cant take a hit he shouldnt play hockey if thats the case

11 was a thug... I've never even noticed him in any game before that point. Funny that you say 9 should take a hit after getting injured on a cheap shot, and 11 blew kisses after making the only mark he could... by cheating, once again. And then someone from Springboro snapped the goalie's stick.

I hope they don't represent all of Springboro, but if they do, this is reminiscent of that Springboro team of five years ago. The one where half the players got thrown off the team... seems to me that someone needs to have a talk with that organization. Something is clearly wrong with thew.

I guess Sycamore talked on the ice... at least they aren't classless like hockey234. They also are clearly better at hockey... 4-0 speaks for itself to most people.

There is no way that #11's hit can be justified. 13 did not touch the puck nor was the puck even within 5 feet of him. That was one of the worst cheap shots that i have seen in a while. When 33 came onto 11 going to the box i would say there was a justification. yes, a cheap shot(ish) but 11's play was WAY WAY worse. And breaking the goalies stick? come on guys.......thats just low.

Just unneeded

Last edited:
Hope Boro and Aves don't play again

Wow, that's alot of ugly talk. Lets hope that the Aves and Boro don't match up again. Things could get uglier.

I do agree that breaking the goalie's stick goes way too far. I like to see teams compete hard on the ice, even if it is physical, hopefully it is clean. Then, after it is over shake hands and respect each other.

The referees should get this under control. I don't believe a call should not be made just because it may hurt a team in the future. If the players deserve a DQ they should be DQed. It takes the judgement out.

Saw a bad hit yesterday. Penalty wasn't called because offending team was way down and it was in the last seconds. Another player came in to defend the down player. Referee gave him a post-game penalty. If the ref would have called the first hit into the boards, likely the playuer doesn't go after the other.

Saw a major called when it was deserved too, though it hurt the offending team. Though it hurt the offending team.

Also have seen many times where calls are made against a "Good" team and not made against the "lesser" team. Seemingly to even things up. Penalties should be called consistently both ways. See lots of hacks at goalies not called, lots of clean-outs in front not called, only to have the retaliation called. Seems that you can get away with a borderline cheap shot if you are first, but 2nd shot always gets called. If the first one starts being called consistently, then maybe players think trwice about starting it. If they don't make the first hit, then the second never comes either the result- clean hockey.

Play hard whistle to whistle, leave out the cheap stuff after the whistle.

none of the springboro players were involved in the goalies stick getting broke, we were all in the locker room after the game good try though