Spect speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

1965 Panther

Wonder how the GCL brotherhood and especially Moe will take Spects over the top admiration for Coach Bolden.
“we ran into a really good Lakota West team tonight. They are going to make some really serious noise the next couple weeks”
C’mon Big Moe!

The GCL isn’t a brotherhood.
In regards to the comments made by Specht, that’s a coach being honest about what he’s seen—as far as who is better. Obviously he thinks LW is better than Moe and will win. Fine. Just because a team is in your league doesn’t mean you have to be a homer.
HOWEVER, in regards to your brotherhood comment AGAIN. You are in the minority. Read the attachment I’ve posted from the Moe archives. Over the years, there have been numerous other examples where one of the GCL-S schools has suffered a setback or tragedy within its family and the other GCL-S school(s) showed support in some way. Why? Because the GCL-S IS A BROTHERHOOD! You can compete on the field/court and still be a brother. But even families have black sheep like yourself.

Attachments

• 8ADC5F60-FCA2-45ED-AA2E-F58499FC2F8B.jpeg
    8ADC5F60-FCA2-45ED-AA2E-F58499FC2F8B.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 37
In regards to the comments made by Specht, that’s a coach being honest about what he’s seen—as far as who is better. Obviously he thinks LW is better than Moe and will win. Fine. Just because a team is in your league doesn’t mean you have to be a homer.
HOWEVER, in regards to your brotherhood comment AGAIN. You are in the minority. Read the attachment I’ve posted from the Moe archives. Over the years, there have been numerous other examples where one of the GCL-S schools has suffered a setback or tragedy within its family and the other GCL-S school(s) showed support in some way. Why? Because the GCL-S IS A BROTHERHOOD! You can compete on the field/court and still be a brother. But even families have black sheep like yourself.
You don’t see OSU and Michigan stroking each other when they’re not playing. The rivalries should always be respectful but the idea the schools are “friends” is downright stupid.
And I’m not saying the players or coaches can’t be friends, that’s not my business. However, as institutions, they’re fighting for enrollment. The goal should be to dominate each other.

It does boggle my mind how people can say the things they do in private but pretend to root for the other schools. Maybe it’s just me but I can’t do that. I won’t say I’m rooting against the other schools, but I’m not rooting for them.

You don’t see OSU and Michigan stroking each other when they’re not playing. The rivalries should always be respectful but the idea the schools are “friends” is downright stupid.
And I’m not saying the players or coaches can’t be friends, that’s not my business. However, as institutions, they’re fighting for enrollment. The goal should be to dominate each other.
On the field and court absolutely. But I see the GCL S more like Army/Navy on and off the field/court—not so much like OSU/Mich.

Couldn't agree more. I am a Moeller guy but I root for the GCL when Big Moe is not involved and that is the way it should be.
then you’re clearly not aware what some GCL people say about Moeller. Again, maybe it’s just me, but I can’t pretend to root for a rival.

Didn’t the youngest Kattus go to X? Maybe X winning that Title was part (not all) of the reason he went there. If you were rooting for X, then you were rooting against Moeller’s interests.

On the field and court absolutely. But I see the GCL S more like Army/Navy on and off the field/court—not so much like OSU/Mich.
They respect each other, but with the few grads I know from those schools, they aren’t rooting for each other when they don’t play.

then you’re clearly not aware what some GCL people say about Moeller. Again, maybe it’s just me, but I can’t pretend to root for a rival.

Didn’t the youngest Kattus go to X? Maybe X winning that Title was part (not all) of the reason he went there. If you were rooting for X, then you were rooting against Moeller’s interests.
I’m well aware and will never apologize to anyone because I went to Moe. My family also has immediate family that are alum of the other 3 schools in the league. Thankfully not every Elder guy is like you. My attached letter in the post above proves it.

Could

Could care less what people say about Moeller. Just like you should care less about what people say about Elder. Both great schools. Kids need to enjoy the experience no matter where they go. I went to McNick. All my Kids went to Moeller. My god-son went to X. Great friends of mine went to Elder (as well as their kids). Doesn't matter. Cheers to the GCL.

Could

Could care less what people say about Moeller. Just like you should care less about what people say about Elder. Both great schools. Kids need to enjoy the experience no matter where they go. I went to McNick. All my Kids went to Moeller. My god-son went to X. Great friends of mine went to Elder (as well as their kids). Doesn't matter. Cheers to the GCL.
You’re talking about this on an individual level, I’m talking about this from a macro/institutional level.

I’m well aware and will never apologize to anyone because I went to Moe. My family also has immediate family that are alum of the other 3 schools in the league. Thankfully not every Elder guy is like you. My attached letter in the post above proves it.
You shouldn’t apologize, that’s not your problem. However, I think it’s naive to think this is some kind of Circle J**k bw the schools.

Could

This is the other problem with Pboy. He doesn’t really have any friends from Elder, definitely doesn’t have any from X,LaSalle or Moeller. I sure as hell hope he is not any child’s god father. It’s Elder,Elder,Elder and F everyone and everything else. Not sure where he learned that sh it but I’m certain it wasn’t at Elder. It’s all just a bunch of tough talkin Elder bs from him??‍♂️

Most of the Elder guys don’t even like Pboy. They think he is a fn idiot like everyone else does. The funniest part is he constantly runs his mouth and is probably the biggest pu ssy to ever graduate from Elder. Pboy literally all talk and he doesn’t like women. Pboy definitely a fn weirdo

Personally I don’t view the GCL as a brotherhood at all. I think a lot of perspective on it has to do with the generation you are from. From my experience I think that is more of a thing with the older graduates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.