South Range at Poland week 5

Yea they are the smallest D5 in the most recent alignment with 156 boys and a CB number of 7. It’s interesting the drop they had, because the count prior to that they had 188 boys and a CB of 10 which put them only 13 short of D4. Not long before that SR was D6 in 13 and 14.
CB changes a lot it’ll be interesting to see where the NE8 all ends up next year,

Mainly where SR and Hubbard are. Hubbard close to D4 but I think they’re actually growing instead of getting smaller

Yea they are the smallest D5 in the most recent alignment with 156 boys and a CB number of 7. It’s interesting the drop they had, because the count prior to that they had 188 boys and a CB of 10 which put them only 13 short of D4. Not long before that SR was D6 in 13 and 14.
Where is an accurate enrollment number for this year, the one I looked at has them at 432 students 9-12 and 47 percent being boys. That’s not including CB

a lot is going to change didn’t they keep the same numbers from last year for this season?
Usually in odd numbered years, there would be new counts while every year the CB would be updated. That means 2021 would have had updated head count but that didn’t happen due to Covid. So next year should have updated head counts which does bring the bigger changes

Where is an accurate enrollment number for this year, the one I looked at has them at 432 students 9-12 and 47 percent being boys. That’s not including CB

A total enrollment of 432 would put the average class size at 108. 108 x 3 = 324. 47% of 324 is around 152.
Depending on South Range’s CB modifier and how the division’s are broken down, if that 432 is current and spread evenly through grades 9-12, I think SR will be either a big D6 or a small D5 again.

I’m sure Poland feels they let one get away blowing a big lead and getting handled in the second half. Pav should have them ready but I’m not sure if it’ll be enough my official prediction is

SR 28 Poland 24

In whole it’s good that YSN does what they do, but their facts and people they have covering games are really off. The knowledge of high school football is pretty bad.

Going back to some of the enrollment discussion - grade by grade enrollment for Poland in the first page of the attachment to this tweet. Smaller classes in 9th and 3rd grade this year and larger classes in 10th and 7th. Otherwise every year in a narrow range between 126 and 133.

A far cry from my class of 269 in 1977. I'm pretty sure 1979 was the high water mark for Poland class sizes.

But the enrollment decline seems to be stabilizing a bit. Movement between classes for Poland looks more likely to be driven by other schools based on these numbers. The three year total for the next 7 years is between 380 and 408.

Poland scores on 40 yd run on 3rd and 7, but holding brings it back. They eventually punt — very badly after taking a delay of game to give punter more room to work with

SR scores again. Don’t think they saw a 3rd down. Nice mix of plays. Dominguez on outside zone has been hard for Poland. They look really balanced and good on offense.

14-0 with a few seconds left in 1st

Skripac takes his eyes off snap. They lose 10 and that effectively kills drive. Poland was on verge of getting blown out.

Poland ball at SR 35