South Range at Poland week 5

sbfan10

Can Poland bounce back after very tough lose or will South Range keep putting 40+ up on the scoreboard?

I have watched Poland twice and the area that I think will give SR trouble is the size of their lines.

Pavlansky called a very good game on offense last night. Defensively, Poland got beat up in the trenches the second half.

SR poses a different problem all together for Poland's defense due their offensive balance.

Should be another good game.

Dogs got robbed against Hubbard. You won’t see that again!! Dogs by 13
C'mon, leave Prog alone. He was obviously referencing the JV game with that 31-7 score. Same with this post here^^^. Might want to start a new thread for the JV game man. Your posts get misconstrued here.

C'mon, leave Prog alone. He was obviously referencing the JV game with that 31-7 score. Same with this post here^^^. Might want to start a new thread for the JV game man. Your posts get misconstrued here.
Hubbard has a better line then SR, but SR schemes very well, and their RB is a good one as well. I think Sr takes it to Poland. Hubbard in the second half did whatever they wanted to Poland, if it gets close late I think SR wins, I think SR has the best coaching staff in the NE8

Range 17-14

Can easily be reversed imo. This is the best offensive and defensive line the Raiders will see. Until Hubbard that is.

Dogs got robbed against Hubbard. You won’t see that again!! Dogs by 13
Poland didn't get robbed. They simply got beat. This should be another tight game. I don't think SR will be able to run the ball like Hubbard was able to in the second half. Can Poland stop the pass? That will be the key imo.

Even though SR is clicking right now, I expect a close game here. Poland has some studs of their own. Numbers 1,3, 6, and 11 are game changers for Poland. The younger Fulton is going to be a good one as well. Game is at Poland. Poland is going to be hungry for a win after the Hubbard loss. I can't make a prediction here. All I'll say is I'm glad this is the GOTW.

I’ll reiterate what I said previously, but Poland and then Hubbard are the teams SR has to show out against if they’re good enough to actually beat Kirkland. Kirkland’s power run game is unlike anything a smaller school will see, but Poland/Hubbard are like them.

I also think SR is pretty strong up front on both sides. So, I’d be surprised if it was like 2019. I’d assume it’s more like 2020.

Finally, Skripac is the wildcard for SR. If he throws the ball well then they’ll score. He sort of established himself with a nice opener at SL, but this is a chance to really show he’s got what it takes to possibly beat Kirkland.

A big opportunity for South Range to turn some heads if they can beat Poland. South Range being the smallest school against one of the two biggest schools in the conference. So my concern is linemen size and depth of size and speed. As someone mentioned, Coach Yeagley and his staff will certainly have them prepared as best they can be. It just might come down to turnovers or a key mistake in the fourth quarter.

I'm afraid the Bulldogs will have a little extra motivation after a loss last week and with the Raiders beating them last year. I'm hoping for another 24-17 type game with the Raiders pulling it out.?

A big opportunity for South Range to turn some heads if they can beat Poland. South Range being the smallest school against one of the two biggest schools in the conference. So my concern is linemen size and depth of size and speed. As someone mentioned, Coach Yeagley and his staff will certainly have them prepared as best they can be. It just might come down to turnovers or a key mistake in the fourth quarter.

I'm afraid the Bulldogs will have a little extra motivation after a loss last week and with the Raiders beating them last year. I'm hoping for another 24-17 type game with the Raiders pulling it out.?

Poland is not one of the two biggest schools in the conference. Niles and hubbard are both considerably bigger.

As a Poland fan I will reiterate that Poland did NOT get robbed in Hubbard they beat themselves through mistakes, lack of adjustments, and an undisciplined second half full of penalties. This takes nothing away from the efforts of #22 for Hubbard, who I hear is one of the most respectful young men ever. Hard not to cheer for this kid, I don't care what uniform he wears. Poland will have to play mistake free football this week. They are better than 2-2 but have yet to prove anything to anyone. This game is critical!

As a Poland fan I will reiterate that Poland did NOT get robbed in Hubbard they beat themselves through mistakes, lack of adjustments, and an undisciplined second half full of penalties. This takes nothing away from the efforts of #22 for Hubbard, who I hear is one of the most respectful young men ever. Hard not to cheer for this kid, I don't care what uniform he wears. Poland will have to play mistake free football this week. They are better than 2-2 but have yet to prove anything to anyone. This game is critical!
Ditto. I also think hubbard wore poland down at the los in the second half. hubbard has good depth on the lines this year rotating multiple players throughout the game

Even if they lose they’ll rattle off 5 in a row after and get things in the right track for week 11

Poland is the only team that really whipped SR in NE8 play. And in 2020 it was a really close game. So, as a SR alum, hard to get too confident in this one. I still think SR is better at LoS than people realize. So, it’ll be really interesting to see how they do this week.

My mistake. I thought Niles and Poland were the two biggest schools. I didn't realize how large the enrollment was at Hubbard.
Hubbard's enrollment has been steady. They're the smallest school in DIII, or like last year. The biggest school in DIV.

SR is one boy from D6. I don't know where they will end up after next years numbers are submitted.

Last edited:
SR is one boy from D6. I don't know where they will end up after next years numbers are submitted.
Yea they are the smallest D5 in the most recent alignment with 156 boys and a CB number of 7. It’s interesting the drop they had, because the count prior to that they had 188 boys and a CB of 10 which put them only 13 short of D4. Not long before that SR was D6 in 13 and 14.