Small Wadsworth GIT, Saturday January 23rd-10am

Cinn LaSalle, Mass Perry, St Paris Graham, and Wadsworth. Scaled-down version due to this season's circumstances. Each weight class will be in a round-robin format. Three rounds and hopefully if seeded correctly, the last round will be the premier matches. Team scores will be kept, but no individual placement will be recognized. Of course no general admission but it will be available through Trackcast (recommended Google Chrome and a cleared cache for optimum streaming). We will run three mats and all mats will be broadcast. Ten dollar access fee for the entire tournament.
www.trackwrestling.com
Direct link to the tournament;
https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/predefinedtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=618578132

No general admission is BS. If wearing a mask works, let us in. If they don't work, then stop requiring the kids and coaches to wear them.

This is exactly the kind of response that just amazes me. Apparently you have no idea how much work goes into getting the "okay" needed to hold an event like this.
State and County Boars of Health have to approve first.
Then teams have to be available and Covid free.
The school, because of ODH and OHSAA standards, has to meet many expectations.
Now they give you a means of watching all the matches safely from your living room via streaming for about the cost of two admissions and yet you complain?
Get over it and be VERY glad there is any wrestling taking place at all.

This is exactly the kind of response that just amazes me. Apparently you have no idea how much work goes into getting the "okay" needed to hold an event like this.
Now they give you a means of watching all the matches safely from your living room via streaming for about the cost of two admissions and yet you complain?
100% correct.

In short to guy you quoted, “Don’t be a moron”

I didn't take his comments as being against the school, but more with the frustrations of various rules established for events, shopping, dining, etc. that are not only inconsistent, but most lack what used to be known as "common sense". I think everyone agrees (there are outliers) that schools must adhere to the rules whether they agree with them or not - or those in charge will shut it down. Unfortunately, that means we don't get to see live wrestling in order to allow kids to have wrestling this season. I'm ok with that trade off, but that doesn't mean I'm not frustrated or ok with the inconsistent application of the "rules". I could go into that comment further, but I'm probably already more than a little testy on this subject from living with advanced levels of stupidity in Michigan. The same rules that apply for the crowded urban areas of Detroit are being applied equally up in say, Mancelona where you are likely to be less socially distanced from deer than another human being. I supposed deer could also have Covid, they haven't ruled that out yet.

I didn't take his comments as being against the school, but more with the frustrations of various rules established for events, shopping, dining, etc. that are not only inconsistent, but most lack what used to be known as "common sense". I think everyone agrees (there are outliers) that schools must adhere to the rules whether they agree with them or not - or those in charge will shut it down. Unfortunately, that means we don't get to see live wrestling in order to allow kids to have wrestling this season. I'm ok with that trade off, but that doesn't mean I'm not frustrated or ok with the inconsistent application of the "rules". I could go into that comment further, but I'm probably already more than a little testy on this subject from living with advanced levels of stupidity in Michigan. The same rules that apply for the crowded urban areas of Detroit are being applied equally up in say, Mancelona where you are likely to be less socially distanced from deer than another human being. I supposed deer could also have Covid, they haven't ruled that out yet.
and add more frustration after watching 15 or 20,000 fans at football games this weekend because theres money involved, but just be happy there allowing them to wrestle at all lol.

??? Well said Jim!

Not to mention that each team will bring about 25 people which counts towards gym capacity restrictions. I know some events aren't allowing visiting spectators but are letting some of their own home fans (Parents) to attend. There are very few events allowing visiting parents and I don't know of any allowing just general fans to show up. Many are only immediate family.

So to joemfs, I'm sorry that you're unable to attend the event which will no doubt be some great matchups between really good teams but they are offering you a very reasonable/inexpensive way to watch the matches if you choose to do so. But ultimately this season isn't about you or me it's about the young men and women getting an opportunity to compete hopefully to the completion of the season.

I couldnt agree more!!!

How is Mass Perry this year? I thought they were going to be young, but haven't heard much about them this year?

How is Mass Perry this year? I thought they were going to be young, but haven't heard much about them this year?
They're doing as expected, have only 1 Senior in the line-up, 5 maybe 6 guys are ranked by Borofan, 220 is #2 is a junior, HWY and a freshman is #3,, 106 a sophmore was #1 dropped to #4 after losing to Ed's Bennett,the other guys fall somewhere in between #10-20, they have a good nucleus of junior high-club team wrestlers that will make an impact next year, in about 2-3 years they may be in the mix for a run at the State duals-individual state team titles. but that depends how hard they work in the off-season, hope this helps

D1 #2 Jaxon Joy (Wadsworth) Freshman
D1 #4 Austin McBurney (Massillon Perry) Sophomore
D1 #14 Tanner Spalding (LaSalle) Freshman
D2 #1 Beric Jordan (Graham) Freshman

D1 #1 Mason Brugh (Wadsworth) Junior
D1 #17 Elijah Marengo (LaSalle) Freshman
D2 #24 Colt Ryan (Graham) Sophomore

D1 #15 Kaden Mellon (Wadsworth) Freshman
D1 #25 Cameron Zollars (Massillon Perry) Junior

D1 #1 Dustin Norris (LaSalle) Senior
D1 #6 Mikey Lewarchick (Wadsworth) Senior
D1 #10 Drew Dulcie (Massillon Perry) Junior
D2 #2 Nolan Gessler (Graham) Junior

D1 #2 Casey Wiles (LaSalle) Senior
D1 #8 Christopher Earnest (Wadsworth) Sophomore
D1 #24 Christian Giltz/Jason Waller (Massillon Perry)
D2 #4 Nick Hart (Graham) Sophomore

D1 #1 Jake Niffenegger (LaSalle) Junior
D1 #19 David Shue (Wadsworth) Junior
D2 #1 Nick Moore (Graham) Senior

D1 #3 Landen Hacker (Wadsworth) Senior
D1 #7 Darnai Heard (LaSalle) Senior
D1 #16 Sam Thompson (Massillon Perry) Junior
D2 #1 Alek Martin (Graham) Senior

D1 #26 Adam Ryder/Logan Scanlon (Wadsworth)
D2 #3 Trace Braun (Graham) Senior

D1 #8 Jacob Walsh (Wadsworth) Junior
D2 #7 Gunner Cramblett (Graham) Freshman

D1 #1 Logan Messer (Wadsworth) Senior
D1 #3 Dillon Walker (LaSalle) Senior
D2 #10 Timmy Greenhouse (Graham) Senior

D1 #8 Jamisen Jackson (Wadsworth) Senior
D1 #13 Chase Stein (LaSalle) Junior
D2 #2 Carter Neves (Graham) Freshman

D1 #2 Jon List (Wadsworth) Senior
D2 #4 Zack Burroughs (Graham) Junior

D1 #2 Logan Shephard (Massillon Perry) Junior
D1 #16 Coen Grimm (Wadsworth) Sophomore
D2 #14 Evan Lykins (Graham) Junior

D1 #3 Aidan Fockler (Massillon Perry) Freshman
D2 #4 Nolan Neves (Graham) Junior

Last edited:
A couple of the weight classes have a some really tough wrestlers, this will be interesting. I hope that someone post results Saturday.

A couple of the weight classes have a some really tough wrestlers, this will be interesting. I hope that someone post results Saturday.
I think for $10.00you can stream it live, with that many ranked wrestlers it would be well worth it

Wadsworth Community Television. WCTV will be live streaming this event free. Keep in mind since it is a community station, it will primarily follow Wadsworth wrestlers. Just an FYI. The link is listed below.

1st Place - Beric Jordan Graham
2nd Place - Jaxon Joy Wadsworth
3rd Place - Austin McBurney Perry (Massillon)
4th Place - Tanner Spaulding Cincinnati LaSalle

1st Place - Mason Brugh Wadsworth
2nd Place - Charles Curtis Perry (Massillon)
3rd Place - Nate Hammann Cincinnati LaSalle

1st Place - Eli Marengo Cincinnati LaSalle
2nd Place - Cameron Zollars Perry (Massillon)
3rd Place - Nate Dulcie Perry (Massillon)

1st Place - Dustin Norris Cincinnati LaSalle
2nd Place - Mikey Lewarchick Wadsworth
3rd Place - Drew Dulcie Perry (Massillon)
4th Place - Brayden Griffin Wadsworth

1st Place - Nick Hart Graham
2nd Place - Christopher Earnest Wadsworth
3rd Place - Christian Giltz Perry (Massillon)

1st Place - Jake Niffenegger Cincinnati LaSalle
2nd Place - Nick Moore Graham
3rd Place - David Shue Wadsworth
4th Place - Jason Waller Perry (Massillon

Last edited:
1st Place - Alek Martin Graham
2nd Place - Darnai Heard Cincinnati LaSalle
3rd Place - Sam Thompson Perry (Massillon)
4th Place - Adam Ryder Wadsworth

1st Place - Trace Braun Graham
2nd Place - Nick Humphrys Wadsworth
3rd Place - Mitchell Allen Perry (Massillon)
4th Place - Jack Willen Cincinnati LaSalle

1st Place - Gunner Cramblett Graham
2nd Place - Logan Scandlon Wadsworth
3rd Place - Brenden Barlett Wadsworth
4th Place - Skylar Ristoff Perry (Massillon)

1st Place - Dillon Walker Cincinnati LaSalle
2nd Place - Logan Messer Wadsworth
3rd Place - Timmy Greenhouse Graham
4th Place - Sam Rhoades Perry (Massillon)

1st Place - Carter Neves Graham
2nd Place - Chase Stein Cincinnati LaSalle
3rd Place - Ryder Hartshorn Perry (Massillon)
4th Place - Jazz (Jamisen) Jackson Wadsworth

1st Place - Jon List Wadsworth
2nd Place - Zach Burroughs Graham
3rd Place - Ralph Scott Perry (Massillon)
4th Place - Jacob Sayatovic Cincinnati LaSalle

1st Place - Logan Shepard Perry (Massillon)
2nd Place - Evan Lykins Graham
3rd Place - Coen Grimm of Wadsworth
4th Place - Maverick Blackburn of Wadsworth

1st Place - Nolan Neves Graham
2nd Place - Aidan Fockler Perry (Massillon)
3rd Place - Aaron Ries Wadsworth
4th Place - Max Leyendecker Cincinnati LaSalle