Slc_dallas News=biased

WoodyHayes

homesick
I will write the quotes from the Dallas Morning News from today and my comments underneith. This was after Southlake Carrolls resounding effort in giving up 42 points last night against Rockwall. What a joke.

1- Playing in its first game after a loss since 2003, SLC played like a team with something to prove
### The only thing it proved to me is there defense sucks

2- Coach Hal Wasson says Ive said from the get -go that if I have to choose a quarterback, I'm choosing Riley Dodge.
### Hey Hal, better rethink that if you are playing a team that actually has a defense (See Miami N'WSTRN AKA, 2nd half shutout kids)
3- Riley Says- "We were a little mad after last week"
### I would probably be a little mad to if I had a mudhole stomped in me.

To rank this team in the top 15 in the country, much less 3rd is a friggin joke. After losing they give up 42 points. Come on!

Newton ran for a whopping 48 yards on 14 carries. Write it down, this team will probably lose 2 more times this year.

Last edited:

I will write the quotes from the Dallas Morning News from today and my comments underneith. This was after Southlake Carrolls resounding effort in giving up 42 points last night against Rockwall. What a joke.

1- Playing in its first game after a loss since 1983, SLC played like a team with something to prove
### The only thing it proved to me is there defense sucks

2- Coach Hal Wasson says Ive said from the get -go that if I have to choose a quarterback, I'm choosing Riley Dodge.
### Hey Hal, better rethink that if you are playing a team that actually has a defense (See Miami N'WSTRN AKA, 2nd half shutout kids)
3- Riley Says- "We were a little mad after last week"
### I would probably be a little mad to if I had a mudhole stomped in me.

To rank this team in the top 15 in the country, much less 3rd is a friggin joke. After losing they give up 42 points. Come on!

i was listening to those redneck homers on the radio and they actually said this

and the game is tied 35-35 just when it looked like slc was ready to put the game away leading by 7

put the game away?

trailing 21-7 and then getting YOUR FIRST lead 35-28, ready to put the game away???

rednecks

49-42

reminds me of a line when in 1975 Santa Teresa featuring junior QB Rich Campbell (GB PAckers) played Hill featurning sophomore QB Jim McMahin (Bears)

the score was 55-34

and it was called a defensive battle

whoever stopped the other team ONCE wins

like SLC last night

joke of a team

the radio announcers interviewed a local sportswriter who had this opinion

"I don't think there is a better area for sports in the whole country"

really???

based on what?

a glitzy glammy no-heart dallas cowboys team

a "perfect-little city" high school football team who got their lunch handed to them on their FIRST opportunity to prove themselves on a national stage

SMU = cheaterville

Dallas Mavericks - what have they ever done - owned by an idiot

what was this reporter smoking?????????????????????

I can think of 100 better cities for sports

these texans have this UNFOUNDED deep love for themselves that is beyond comical

the radio announcers interviewed a local sportswriter who had this opinion

"I don't think there is a better area for sports in the whole country"

really???

based on what?

a glitzy glammy no-heart dallas cowboys team

a "perfect-little city" high school football team who got their lunch handed to them on their FIRST opportunity to prove themselves on a national stage

SMU = cheaterville

Dallas Mavericks - what have they ever done - owned by an idiot

what was this reporter smoking?????????????????????

I can think of 100 better cities for sports

these texans have this UNFOUNDED deep love for themselves that is beyond comical

lets do quick comparison
ill take the bay area even though in no way do I think it is the best sports area in the country

pro football

49ers 5 super bowls championships and raiders 3 = 8
cowboys = 5

college (all sports) and academics

cal and stanford vs smu

basketball

the warriors have a world championship
the mavericks have the distinction (along with no championships) to be the first #1 seed to lose to a #8 seed = the warriors

high school football

south lake carroll which has been good for 5 years

De La Salle the PREMIER program in the country for 25 years

is there any of the four categories where the dallas area beats the bay area

I dont think there is one

except in buffoon fans

Just compare DLS vs SLC defenses...this from the CCTimes

"D" LA SALLE: Forget the fact that the De La Salle quarterbacks have combined to go 22-for-24 for 492 yards, nine touchdowns and no interceptions.

As good as the offense has been (1,006 total yards in two games), the defense has been just as impressive. Especially the first team.

Due in large part to the fact that the Spartans have held halftime leads of 34-0 and 41-0, the first-string defense has seen approximately four-plus quarters of action to this point. Over that stretch, De La Salle held the Serra-San Mateo and Loyola-Los Angeles offenses to a combined 118 total yards. The unit has forced five turnovers and has yet to allow a team within 40 yards of the end zone."

i was listening to those redneck homers on the radio and they actually said this

and the game is tied 35-35 just when it looked like slc was ready to put the game away leading by 7

put the game away?

trailing 21-7 and then getting YOUR FIRST lead 35-28, ready to put the game away???

rednecks

Yet SLC was crushed by nine points less than a week ago, right?????

Yet SLC was crushed by nine points less than a week ago, right?????

umm the game was in the third quarter and slc had taken its first lead of the game and the other team took about 45 seconds yo come down and tie the score

it was idiotic reporting

and is NOT related to mnw

cal and stanford vs smu

Who in Texas thinks SMU is in the same class as Cal or Stanford.

Rice, Texas & A&M are not too shabby.

By the way which state won the last national championship in football? Not USC. By the way Southlake is not redneck. Where Woody & I come from we might have folks that proudly carry that banner.

The perception in Texas is that everyone in the Bay Area is queer! Are your queer - Consumerman? I thought California was the home of tolerant people, but your rants prove otherwise.

No offense DLSanNW, but aren't there like three threads to put this on?

It would make more sense on the ranking thread I think.
CM mentioned DLS in the post above mine has mentioned the SLC defense and was comparing/contrasting...I hear what you are saying but I did not want to wake up an old thread.

Who in Texas thinks SMU is in the same class as Cal or Stanford.

Rice, Texas & A&M are not too shabby.

By the way which state won the last national championship in football? Not USC. By the way Southlake is not redneck. Where Woody & I come from we might have folks that proudly carry that banner.

The perception in Texas is that everyone in the Bay Area is queer! Are your queer - Consumerman? I thought California was the home of tolerant people, but your rants prove otherwise.

follow the posts please

some redneck slc announcer was interviewing some redneck dallas newspaper guy and the newspaper guy said the dallas metro area was the best sports area in the nation

is texas a&m in the dallas metro area

is usc vs texas involved here?

and we are VERY familiar with the redneck john birch society kkk pervasive attitudes of texans who call san francisco gay bay and think all people are queers (such a enlightened tolerant way to live)

follow the thread next time

then you wont make out of line comments

lets do quick comparison
ill take the bay area even though in no way do I think it is the best sports area in the country

pro football

49ers 5 super bowls championships and raiders 3 = 8
cowboys -Also building the premier stadium in the world which will be hosting Super Bowls for many year. Are the Raiders in Oakland/LA/Oakland? Do you claim them as Bay area when they are in transit?

college (all sports) and academics

cal and stanford vs smu-Leaving out TCU? Just curious are you stupid or just avoiding it because it doesn't help your point. It's also great to have had a great Bowl tradition and host one of college football's great game. The Big Game is big witht he axe and all, but even my Dad( a Stanford grad) knew that it was a joke compared to Texas-ou

basketball

the warriors have a world championship
the mavericks have the distinction (along with no championships) to be the first #1 seed to lose to a #8 seed = the warriors-Quick question, you can ahve one franchise or the other which do you pick? Congrats on the first playoff series win in who knows how long/ How before they move?

high school football

south lake carroll which has been good for 5 years

De La Salle the PREMIER program in the country for 25 years-Yep, DFW is only SL. Forget the rest of the great schools and programs Plano/Lamar/DeSoto/Cedar Hill to name a couple this morning, but at least you have DLS. It is also great to have games where the fans out number the players. Got that in the Bay area??

is there any of the four categories where the dallas area beats the bay area

I dont think there is one-NHL, we really enjoy our Stanley Cup and competeing at a high level, how about you??

except in buffoon fans

I think I like most DLS fans. I like most CA fans, you are a joke.

Another well thought out point. Have you ever had anything positive to say about anything on this board?

Another well thought out point. Have you ever had anything positive to say about anything on this board?

i think texas homers dont belong in an ohio board especially when their team WONT travel to the Herbie and even with a huge home field advantage got their lunch handed to them on national TV

DLS is constantly being refereed to as the most impressive team in the history of the herbie

I am watching another texas team on national tv

longview is losing to curtis and throws a long pass down the sideline

the pass receiver juggles the ball and then finally catches it after his foot is out of bounds

the texas refs didnt blink an eye

35 yard gain

similar to the home cooking slc got (but was not enuf to overcome their very poor performance against mnw)

longview goes ahead on a good drive

and now their band is playing loud DURING the Curtis plays

that is a penalty and illegal

texas cheaters

timeout on the field and the band STOPS PLAYING

I guess they need to catch their breath for the next curtis play

this is blatant

i think texas homers dont belong in an ohio board especially when their team WONT travel to the Herbie and even with a huge home field advantage got their lunch handed to them on national TV

DLS is constantly being refereed to as the most impressive team in the history of the herbie

My team went to the Herbie. So I am okay??? What year did DLS go to the Herbie. How many Herbies have their been?

texas cheaters

this is blatant

The band playing in Texas is legal.

texas cheaters

this is blatant

What? Since when is the band playing a penalty? That is not a penalty is Texas and the game is being played under Texas rules.

By the way a good (not great) Texas team knocked off a "nationally ranked" team.

My team traveled to FL to play a top FL team at the time. I made the trip with them.

I was also at the innagural Herbie in Columbus. I feel comfortable posting here.