SLC vs. MNW (No Insults Please)

and just to show inconsistency again by our dallas friend

he says it may be a top 5 matchup, possibly #1 and #2

he was previously made aware that dls vs lb poly in 2001 was the first ever #1 vs #2 matchup in the nation

he said "it is not where you are ranked in the beginning of the season that matters, but where you are ranked when the season is over"

guess it only matters when you are bashing dls

anyway, in 1998 dls defeated mater dei, who ended up #2 in the nation when the season was over

either way, dls has defeated 3 times the #1 (lb poly 2001) or #2 (mater dei 1998, lb poly 2002) team in the nation,

slc has never even played a top 5 (or top 10) team in the nation

DLS is irrevelant to the topic, so drop it Consumerman. DLS has an opportunity to play SLC, but declined for their reasons. Miami Northwestern accepted the invitation, so they are the topic. Each team won the largest classification of their respective state high school championship. Enrollment wise they appear to be comparative, MNW being the larger school.

DLS is irrevelant to the topic, so drop it Consumerman. DLS has an opportunity to play SLC, but declined for their reasons. Miami Northwestern accepted the invitation, so they are the topic. Each team won the largest classification of their respective state high school championship. Enrollment wise they appear to be comparative, MNW being the larger school.

sorry you dont tell me what to do

see the first post in the thread

dls is mentioned prominently

can you read?

This Thread is about SLC and MNW. DLS was only added to state why SLCdad would rather play MNW.

Post 10 only responds to your input about DLS.

Other than that - You should start a new thread about DLS and see who actually cares.

This Thread is about SLC and MNW. DLS was only added to state why SLCdad would rather play MNW.

Other than that - You should start a new thread about DLS and see who actually cares.

yawn

this guy can not make a post about slc without trying to bash dls

as long as he continues to do that I will correct him on his numerous mistakes and defend dls

you notwithstanding

and his reference to this being perhaps so important because it will be a possible #1 vs #2 preseason ranking flies directly into the negative spin he tried to put on dls and lb poly being the first ever #1 vs #2 meeting when he said preseason and early season rankings dont matter

they matter when it involves his team so I have a right to point out his inconsistency and unfortunately for you, dls was involved in that

sorry but your argument falls like slc strength of schedule hyperbole

sorry that what sls may attempt to do, become a true LONG standing national power is years away if not decades and I will reference dls whenever it is necessary to make my point

if you dont like that, dont read my posts

it has been documented ad nauseum

that you cant remember the umpteen times you have been corrected and still bring the same flawed arguments is tiresome

LOL

Please show us all where the Massey strength of schedule ratings have been discussed. You are wrong and just won't admit it.

Not only that, you post YOUR point of view and then say I have been corrected. That is a joke. Even the Freeman strength of schedule ratings were never proven to be wrong.

You are wrong and you won't admit it. Please show us where the Massey ranking have been discussed. You talk about flaws but don't document what you say. It's sad, and funny.

SLC is just lucky to be 79-1 since they moved up to 5A

yes but in the playoffs they have been in the SMALLER of the two divisions of 5A every year except 2006 and they squeaked thru on a bad fake punt call

not impressed in 2006 and they played in the lower division all the years prior to that

those are facts
Frankly, Consumerman, you have no clue about Texas high school football.

Are you aware the SLC played in the toughest playoff brackett in each of the last three years? (2004, 2005 and 2006)

That fact seems to slip through your wonderful brain (you have told us how smart you are). LOL

Frankly, Consumerman, you have no clue about Texas high school football.

Are you aware the SLC played in the toughest playoff brackett in each of the last three years? (2004, 2005 and 2006)

That fact seems to slip through your wonderful brain (you have told us how smart you are). LOL

so you agree a 7-5 team that was outscored is in the top 250 out of 15,000 high schools?

you agree with that right?

just answer that simple question

yes or no

Also a fact. The first time DLS played a Souther team in the playoffs, which was the first time ever in CA, they lost.

That might lead some sceptics to think, if CA had a state wide playoff system like TX/FL/OH that the streak might have been in more jeapordy.
I'm one of those sceptics.

I believe DLS would NEVER have had the streak if they had to play a complete California playoff every year. They had the chance in 2006 to silence the sceptics and they failed badly.

Since DLS has been losing for the last three years not as many people care about them anymore. The focus on a national board is most often focused on the top national teams.

and just to show inconsistency again by our dallas friend

he says it may be a top 5 matchup, possibly #1 and #2

he was previously made aware that dls vs lb poly in 2001 was the first ever #1 vs #2 matchup in the nation

he said "it is not where you are ranked in the beginning of the season that matters, but where you are ranked when the season is over"
I agree with that. The MNW vs. SLC will be the premier game in the country (up to that point of the season). The loser will probably drop significantly in the polls.

ALSO, IF YOU READ MY POSTS YOU WILL SEE THAT I ALSO BELIEVE THAT ALL OF THE PLAYOFF GAMES IN EACH STATE ARE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY STATE VS. STATE GAMES. SLC'S FIRST PLAYOFF GAME WILL BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MNW GAME.

I know this is a hard concept for you to grasp since DLS has never really had a complete CA playoff.

do you also want me to find where you said preseason and early season rankings dont matter and that games involving highly ranked teams in the early season are not important

yes or no?

I wasn't sure what SLCDad meant but now that he is typing some of his sentences all in capitals it is much clearer.

I agree with that. The MNW vs. SLC will be the premier game in the country (up to that point of the season). The loser will probably drop significantly in the polls.

ALSO, IF YOU READ MY POSTS YOU WILL SEE THAT I ALSO BELIEVE THAT ALL OF THE PLAYOFF GAMES IN EACH STATE ARE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY STATE VS. STATE GAMES. SLC'S FIRST PLAYOFF GAME WILL BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MNW GAME.

I know this is a hard concept for you to grasp since DLS has never really had a complete CA playoff.

once again an OBSESSION with bashing DLS, even when it has nothing to do with the specific topic being discussed

why the obsession?

jealousy?

low self esteem?

why?

Since DLS has been losing for the last three years not as many people care about them anymore. The focus on a national board is most often focused on the top national teams.

since you mention them every three sentences i think you care more than anyone in the country

so you agree a 7-5 team that was outscored is in the top 250 out of 15,000 high schools?

you agree with that right?

just answer that simple question

yes or no

Of course it's very possible that a 7-5 team could be a top 250 team. It would depend on which teams they lost to and which teams they beat.

I'm one of those sceptics.

I believe DLS would NEVER have had the streak if they had to play a complete California playoff every year. They had the chance in 2006 to silence the sceptics and they failed badly.

repeat

the 2006 team bears no resemblance to the majority of streak year teams

that is without question

so to conclude that because a team in 2006 played one bad game and lost means that the 1998 team or 1999 team or 2001 team would have lost is foolhardy logic and i hesitate to inlude the l word

Of course it's very possible that a 7-5 team could be a top 250 team. It would depend on which teams they lost to and which teams they beat.

ok, I made my point, your proof source is a disgrace and it follows there can be no logical conclusion coming from flawed proof sources

yes we have been over this OVER AND OVER

were they outscored?

did they lose to an inferior team?>

case closed

if

YOU WILL SEE THAT I ALSO BELIEVE THAT ALL OF THE PLAYOFF GAMES IN EACH STATE ARE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY STATE VS. STATE GAMES

especially those tough Texas 3-7 and 4-6 playoff teams

yawn

this guy can not make a post about slc without trying to bash dls

as long as he continues to do that I will correct him on his numerous mistakes and defend dls

you notwithstanding

Please show us where anyone has attacked DLS lately?

We've been saying that DLS has been losing in recent years. Isn't that the truth?

We've been saying that DLS is not a top 10 team. Isn't that the truth?

Please document ANY attacks. Please?

ok, I made my point, your proof source is a disgrace and it follows there can be no logical conclusion coming from flawed proof sources

yes we have been over this OVER AND OVER

were they outscored?

did they lose to an inferior team?>

case closed

if

Again, you are confused.

We have NEVER discussed the Massey strength of schedule ratings.

Your memory is failing you.

(Please show us the Massey ratings for this mythical 7-5 team you mention. I didn't think you could.)

Again, you are confused.

We have NEVER discussed the Massey strength of schedule ratings.

Your memory is failing you.

i submit if you agree that a 7-5 team that was outscored is a top 250 national team your conclusions based on the proof source that includes that ranking is flawed

i will stand on that for 100 years

this is about the 20th time we have had to educate you on this

almost as many times as you have called people jerks on this forum

is your memory on that also failing?

a 13-1 season is losing?

please expand on that

i guess 2006 trinity is a losing team as well (oh wait, they did not even have 13 wins) since slc best victory came against a losing team, i guess they beat NO ONE good

see how foolish your argument is?

Leave "WE" out of it. You are on an island Consumerman. And Al Gore said your island will be under water very shortly.

DLS is the greatest school in Concord California and SLC is the greatest school in Southlake, TX. Can we agree on that?

SLCDad has not called you a jerk. Quit baiting him or I am sure that the Bald Sheriff or his Uncle will silence you. Why don't you open a thread on the DLS & Mission Viejo game? Isn't that the biggest game on your schedule.

Personally I do not understand with your obsession with comparisons of DLS and SLC. You do not even attend DLS games. Why do you care? At least SLCDad attends the games of the school he claims to follow. While I disagree with much of his bravado, I at least respect the fact he attends the games of the school he follows. On that fact alone, he has more credibility in my eyes than his antagonist.