Should the Presidential election be changed?

I think anyone who runs for office should swear to uphold the integrity of the election and not spread a false narrative of election fraud they have zero credible evidence of. I believe those that engage in it should be punishable by significant fine and potential confinement. Those who repeatedly engage in it should be ineligible to hold office.

I think anyone who runs for office should swear to uphold the integrity of the election and not spread a false narrative of election fraud they have zero credible evidence of. I believe those that engage in it should be punishable by significant fine and potential confinement. Those who repeatedly engage in it should be ineligible to hold office.

So a lot of democrats in 2016 and a lot of republicans in 2020?

For me what happened on Jan 6th and the looting and burning that occurred during the spring and summer should have been met with deadly force.
Pretty sure a woman was shot in the neck by Capitol Police and died. Seems pretty deadly to me. I suppose it's possible MORE deadly force could have been used, but I'm not sure that would have made us feel better about it.

Pretty sure a woman was shot in the neck by Capitol Police and died. Seems pretty deadly to me. I suppose it's possible MORE deadly force could have been used, but I'm not sure that would have made us feel better about it.
I think if they used deadly force on looters and arsonist it would have put a stop to it. Maybe January 6th never happens?

I think if they used deadly force on looters and arsonist it would have put a stop to it. Maybe January 6th never happens?
There is definitely something there - based on the idea that what a society tolerates, it gets more of. And there is definitely a deterrent principle that comes into play to some degree.

I just think, in general, I have never seen a high level of anger lead to good and reasonable behavior. When I see blackout rage in people, I never see them acting in virtuous ways.

I got mad at a lawnmower once that I pulled on about 200 times and wouldn't start. With each unsuccessful pull, my anger grew. Honey Buns was working in the back yard when I came running through the yard toward the large hill in front of the house, with the mower raised over my head, screaming like a jihadist, and I threw the mower down the hill. Crap was breaking and flying off the mower as it tumbled 50 feet down the hill. Honey Buns told me I looked like a raving lunatic and said, "That really helps!" I walked away and she asked where I was going. I told her to buy a new mower! But, not my proudest moment.

I think anyone that runs should have to swear that neither he or any of his party will tolerate any fraud or cheating and if it happens they should have to self report. I also think we should agree that voting laws should be followed to the letter in each and every state.

There is definitely something there - based on the idea that what a society tolerates, it gets more of. And there is definitely a deterrent principle that comes into play to some degree.

I just think, in general, I have never seen a high level of anger lead to good and reasonable behavior. When I see blackout rage in people, I never see them acting in virtuous ways.

I got mad at a lawnmower once that I pulled on about 200 times and wouldn't start. With each unsuccessful pull, my anger grew. Honey Buns was working in the back yard when I came running through the yard toward the large hill in front of the house, with the mower raised over my head, screaming like a jihadist, and I threw the mower down the hill. Crap was breaking and flying off the mower as it tumbled 50 feet down the hill. Honey Buns told me I looked like a raving lunatic and said, "That really helps!" I walked away and she asked where I was going. I told her to buy a new mower! But, not my proudest moment.
I can't top your analogy. My question is what should have been done this past spring and summer? I think the inaction to the events just encouraged more of the same. The criminal element saw an opportunity to break the law and took advantage of it. What was done to discourage their behavior? A serious lethal response would have sent a message and demonstrated that illegal activities will be met with serious results. Better than doing nothing at all.

I also think we should agree that voting laws should be followed to the letter in each and every state.
How do we honestly know they weren't? What have been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt one way or another?

We will not have to prove anything beyond a shadow as you say, because each candidate and their party will self report. So many people feel we do not need rules and laws to make sure there is no cheating, so honor system it will be. I f it is found out people did not self report say good by to your being the elected candidate.

We will not have to prove anything beyond a shadow as you say, because each candidate and their party will self report. So many people feel we do not need rules and laws to make sure there is no cheating, so honor system it will be. I f it is found out people did not self report say good by to your being the elected candidate.
Didn't everyone self report when each state verified their votes? Why should anyone question the individual rights of each state to verify their own votes? I live in Ohio. I have no reason to question the validity of Ohio's votes. If each state is responsible for their own counts, why would I question their validity? What possible knowledge would I have to question them? I don't live there and I don't vote there.

No they did not and at no time have I heard of a candidate of any party swearing to run a honest run for office.

No they did not and at no time have I heard of a candidate of any party swearing to run a honest run for office.
Ok. Show me the proof you have. I would like to see it. And isn't an honest candidate an oxymoron?