Should the Presidential election be changed?

Always get a chuckle at people who think they've outsmarted the people who founded the country. Rural and urban need balance for reasons of adequate representation. If it was based solely on population and population density, rural America would have no reasonable representation and fundamentally the government would be a failure

I love fuzzy math. Wyoming has 1 House representative and 3 electoral votes compared to Ohio's 16 reps and 18 EVs. A person from Wyoming's vote does not count 4x that of an Ohio's

Wyoming 302,963 / 3 = 100,987 registered voters per electoral vote

Ohio 8,073,417 / 18 = 448,523 registered voters per electoral vote

100,987/ 448,523 = 23% or about 1/4.

Your vote is 1/4 as powerful as a Wyoming voter for the electoral college. It's worse for Senate.

Always get a chuckle at people who think they've outsmarted the people who founded the country. Rural and urban need balance for reasons of adequate representation. If it was based solely on population and population density, rural America would have no reasonable representation and fundamentally the government would be a failure
You know slavery was primary reason for the EC, right?

The 3/5th compromise wasn't about how to count slaves?

Slavery had nothing to do with the creation of the EC. The 3/5C came after the agreement to create it as the founders debated how to apportion the electoral votes.

It wasn’t any “reason for the EC,” let alone the “primary reason.”

Slavery had nothing to do with the creation of the EC. The 3/5C came after the agreement to create it as the founders debated how to apportion the electoral votes.

It wasn’t any “reason for the EC,” let alone the “primary reason.”

There was one difficulty however of a serious nature attending an immediate choice by the people. The right of suffrage was much more diffusive in the Northern than the Southern States; and the latter could have no influence in the election on the score of the Negroes. The substitution of electors obviated this difficulty and seemed on the whole to be liable to fewest objections. -- James Madison

Talking about direct presidential vote, the southern state were never going to allow direct presidential vote because while they got more balanced representation because of the 3/5th compromise, the slaves weren't going to vote, they would not allow themselves to be disadvantaged.

EDIT: and yes there was opposition to direct vote from other factions, so the EC was a built in compromise.

The compromise counted three out of every five slaves as people, giving the Southern states a third more seats in Congress and a third more electoral votes than if slaves had been ignored, but fewer than if slaves and free people had been counted equally.

Why is it the only way to fix a problem is for the Federal Govt to take over and control it? You do realize that the fed govt's fix to everything is to throw your tax money at it and then if the problem is not fixed, tax you some more and throw that money at it. Soon they will report not fixed but a little more money will do the job.

For get the money what we need is to have 14 new committees formed to investigate and report back in two years the best way to fix this by only throwing money at it. I can hear it now after two years nothing needs to be fixed the way the election was run in 2020 is the most honest and fair way to run a election and a great way to assure Democrats win each and every time there is a fed. position voted on.

I have offered two slightly different way to fix the problem, In truth I do not think the Democrats want or think there is a problem that needs fixing just from what the liberal Democrats right here on this site have voice. There was no fraud or cheating so there is nothing to fix.

The man who says the election was “ rigged” is judging others ignorance . Take care of yourself man .
So what you are implying is there is nothing to fix as far as the election is concerned except the people that are questioning the honesty of it should just be quiet and accept the result.

I only know what I read on Twitter.

You ignorantly saying the election was rigged has what to do with Twitter and what people say on that platform ? Oh that’s right . Trump has tweeted the election was rigged hundreds of times including before the election . MAGA