Should the Presidential election be changed?

Meaning the Electoral College, correct?
  • 435 U.S. Representatives from the 50 states, plus
  • 100 U.S. Senators from the 50 states, plus
  • 3 members of the Electoral College to which the District of Columbia became entitled under the 23rd Amendment (ratified in 1961).
That's where the 538 number of electoral votes comes from.

I was not referencing the EC, but I'll humor you. Unless you're willing to give rural areas a balancing share of new electorates, it's a no-go

Because the guy who lost is a malignant narcissist who said the election was a fraud because he lost . He had enough enablers who stuck with him because of their own ambitions . It’s a cult and every challenge and suit was thrown out by every judge who heard them or had to rule. Why do you think “. SO MANY “ are claiming fraud ? Is it because there is so much evidence ? If so why didn’t even one case go Trumps way ?(. Over 50 and some of the judges were appointed by a Trump ). He’s a conman and a pathological liar who has a following who actually believed him and for some god forsaken reason. IN HIM ., I can’t tell you why
Drink!

I wonder if this puts you up to 8 pages yet?

So what am I missing? You are clearly stating that there are states that need to get their sht together. Do you think there is a problem or not? You can't have it both ways.

It was clearly in the context of this cycle’s mail ballots only, and I also plainly said that most states do just fine with it. ?‍♂️

Sorry for pointing out that the federal government running the election is a dumb idea lol.

I was not referencing the EC, but I'll humor you. Unless you're willing to give rural areas a balancing share of new electorates, it's a no-go

The Wyoming Rule is a proposal to increase the size of the United States House of Representatives so that the standard representative-to-population ratio would be that of the smallest entitled unit, which is currently the State of Wyoming

A total of 569 seats would have been required to implement the Wyoming Rule based on the 2000 United States Census results.

The 2010 United States Census saw Wyoming's population increase at a greater rate than that of the rest of the United States; as a result, the required House size to implement the Wyoming Rule was reduced to 547.

Under the Wyoming Rule, Ohio would gain 4 more members than it currently has, based on 2010 numbers.

I can see why it's never been enacted. States with large populations would completely dominate the government

It was clearly in the context of this cycle’s mail ballots only, and I also plainly said that most states do just fine with it. ?‍♂️

Sorry for pointing out that the federal government running the election is a dumb idea lol.
Right. Move the goalposts. lol.

Right. Move the goalposts. lol.

I didn’t move the goalposts at all lol...I was quite clear in what I said. It seems you’re either choosing to misinterpret it on purpose in order to try and prop up your dumb idea, or are simply to obtuse to follow the conversation. ?‍♂️

I didn’t move the goalposts at all lol...I was quite clear in what I said. It seems you’re either choosing to misinterpret it on purpose in order to try and prop up your dumb idea, or are simply to obtuse to follow the conversation. ?‍♂️
It is quite the opposite. This cycle of mail-in ballots only. So it doesn't matter if the thing happens in the future. Most state do just fine with it. That isn't all states. So who are you to judge which states are doing just fine and which aren't? Seriously. What are you smoking in that pipe? Your thought process are quite smoky.

The House and the EC need to be balanced as well

For the EC, maybe split the electors like Maine & Nebraska do? That would be a state level change.

The House was intended to be proportional, based on the Enumeration Clause in the Constitution, so it would be harder to implement changes

It is quite the opposite. This cycle of mail-in ballots only. So it doesn't matter if the thing happens in the future. Most state do just fine with it. That isn't all states. So who are you to judge which states are doing just fine and which aren't? Seriously. What are you smoking in that pipe? Your thought process are quite smoky.

Now you’re just chasing your tail in circles lol.

For the EC, maybe split the electors like Maine & Nebraska do? That would be a state level change.

The House was intended to be proportional, based on the Enumeration Clause in the Constitution, so it would be harder to implement changes

Or just stick with the method that works, instead of one you hope gives the Democrats an insurmountable advantage

There is no distorted advantage. Rural and urban (or low population density and high) need to be balanced, and they are

I love fuzzy math. Wyoming has 1 House representative and 3 electoral votes compared to Ohio's 16 reps and 18 EVs. A person from Wyoming's vote does not count 4x that of an Ohio's

The Wyoming Rule is a proposal to increase the size of the United States House of Representatives so that the standard representative-to-population ratio would be that of the smallest entitled unit, which is currently the State of Wyoming

A total of 569 seats would have been required to implement the Wyoming Rule based on the 2000 United States Census results.

The 2010 United States Census saw Wyoming's population increase at a greater rate than that of the rest of the United States; as a result, the required House size to implement the Wyoming Rule was reduced to 547.

Under the Wyoming Rule, Ohio would gain 4 more members than it currently has, based on 2010 numbers.
Can we just give LA and NY all the representatives?They have high morals

Rural and urban (or low population density and high) need to be balanced
Why?

Keep in mind that heavy urban concentration is relatively new in American history. Balancing urban and rural was not one of the original goals of the EC.