Should the Presidential election be changed?

bob99

Since the Presidential election is a national election, should it be changed from state control to federal control? Have the Presidential election be a separate election and have a separate ballot. Have the process setup so that it is ran the same in all the states and provinces. Maybe have the Presidential election on a separate day than any other elections. Make it a national holiday. We are only talking once every 4 years. Have the election overseen by a federally commissioned panel. Same rules for everyone. Finally make it a federal offense and make it treason for anyone to tamper with the election.

Since the Presidential election is a national election, should it be changed from state control to federal control? Have the Presidential election be a separate election and have a separate ballot. Have the process setup so that it is ran the same in all the states and provinces. Maybe have the Presidential election on a separate day than any other elections. Make it a national holiday. We are only talking once every 4 years. Have the election overseen by a federally commissioned panel. Same rules for everyone. Finally make it a federal offense and make it treason for anyone to tamper with the election.
Did you have this thought last general election ? Of course not . So if the electoral college works for you it’s all good , but now that it didn’t it’s time to may be change things ? Because your side got cheated ? Lmao. No conservative values say keep it the same as the Stone Age. Lol . Conserve the antiquated electoral college and give power to the states is a conservative staple . You would just want it changed back the next time you lose

changed from state control to federal control
Have the process setup so that it is ran the same in all the states and provinces
Make it a national holiday
Have the election overseen by a federally commissioned panel
Same rules for everyone

Good and logical post. However, the above items are all things conservatives have opposed when mentioned on here in the past. Maybe needs have changed now.

Never.

The states should handle it, complete with legal voter registration and voter ID ---- it is incredibly simple to make elections foolproof and have integrity maintained. The end result would be that everyone has faith in the elections and there is no strife as we have seen in the past and now.

It is a NO-BRAINER.

No way should it be federal controlled. Even more chance of fraud then now.
Voting needs to use block chain. In block Chain programing you cannot alter the block.. if you wish it alter the information in a block you must add another block with the changes you made.. This gives a record of what changed.
Also no more mail in voting.. military would be the only exception. you want to vote get your to the pole... if your on vaca or business too bad.

It works just fine as is.

Assuming mail voting continues to be a thing, the states just need to get their sht together so they can count the votes in a day instead of a week.
Not sure there's a way around the delay with mail in unless you're going to allow election officials to open and start processing ballots ahead of election day.

Did you have this thought last general election ? Of course not . So if the electoral college works for you it’s all good , but now that it didn’t it’s time to may be change things ? Because your side got cheated ? Lmao. No conservative values say keep it the same as the Stone Age. Lol . Conserve the antiquated electoral college and give power to the states is a conservative staple . You would just want it changed back the next time you lose

EC is to not going to change... you need an amendment to do this.. good luck with the super majority needed.
It’s not antiquated and worked just fine especially for all you pop vote imbeciles.
Biden won only a hand full of counties nationwide. the conflict was validity of the massive numbers of votes from those few counties that gave him the swing states needed. He actually only won 17% of all counties? Whatever it was, it is to this date the lowest number of counties in history to win a POTUS election.
It’s the same dam reason the legislature has the house and senate.
house has the population reps.. senate 2 per state.. Its so the high pop state cannot automatically bully their way to whatever laws they want by using their superior numbers.
It not that hard to understand. founders knew that pure democracies never last, but it is of course what leftists want to turn our country into.

Last edited:
Not sure there's a way around the delay with mail in unless you're going to allow election officials to open and start processing ballots ahead of election day.

Quite a few states managed to have their mostly full count done well before breakfast on Wednesday...Ohio included. ?‍♂️

Not really a "handful," but they definitely were the counties where people actually live. If we gave livestock the right to vote, it might have tipped the election to Trump.

And this is why states' rights and the electoral college are crucial to our republic. Letting a bunch of left-wing radicals living in liberal urban echo chambers solely determine the fate of the nation is not the way to go.

Quite a few states managed to have their mostly full count done well before breakfast on Wednesday...Ohio included. ?‍♂️
I believe those were the states that allowed mail in ballots to be opened and prepped for counting ahead of time. Many states were not willing to do that for fear of tampering/fraud.

And this is why states' rights and the electoral college are crucial to our republic. Letting a bunch of left-wing radicals living in liberal urban echo chambers solely determine the fate of the nation is not the way to go.
Isn't really just one echo chamber or the other?

I believe those were the states that allowed mail in ballots to be opened and prepped for counting ahead of time. Many states were not willing to do that for fear of tampering/fraud.

No...they simply never bothered (or were prohibited by legislative pissing matches and/or antiquated laws) to set up the infrastructure/processes to do it, despite knowing 8 weeks in advance that the avalanche of mail ballots was coming.

Anyway, clearly those are the states I was referring to as needing to get their sht together if mail voting is going to continue. There likely isn't anything that casts more doubt on an election than taking a week to count the votes.

continue. There likely isn't anything that casts more doubt on an election than taking a week to count the votes.
I think you’re just changing the “problem.” Instead of suspicions of taking to long to count, the “problem” becomes ballot manipulation in advance of the election date.

No way should it be federal controlled. Even more chance of fraud then now.
Voting needs to use block chain. In block Chain programing you cannot alter the block.. if you wish it alter the information in a block you must add another block with the changes you made.. This gives a record of what changed.
Also no more mail in voting.. military would be the only exception. you want to vote get your to the pole... if your on vaca or business too bad.
Ever been to a polling place for 8 hours or more? That has to change. Ever had your name purged for no reason other than your name was submitted by someone to be purged? Ever been funneled through a sobriety check point and miss voting because it was on the only road to the polling place and the 2.5 hours in the line put you past the time the polls closed?

I grew up here in a small town in Ohio. In and out in 10 minutes if I BS with friends I see there. I've lived in other states and places here in Ohio that are a joke.

Electoral College is a bad idea. The Senate having the control it does with 2 senators in Wyoming = to 2 senators in California or Ohio or any other state. Wyoming has about half the population of Columbus.

I think you’re just changing the “problem.” Instead of suspicions of taking to long to count, the “problem” becomes ballot manipulation in advance of the election date.

Weird that there wasn't much if any complaining about that in any state that prepared the ballots in advance.

The United States of America, folks. A union of states; not one solitary country. If there was one bad thing Lincoln ever did, it was nuking that concept in the minds of the public.

It doesn't matter what is changed or not changed. The democrates will just do an end around their state legislature a month before voting and have some job judge make new rules that favor them.

Ever been to a polling place for 8 hours or more? That has to change. Ever had your name purged for no reason other than your name was submitted by someone to be purged? Ever been funneled through a sobriety check point and miss voting because it was on the only road to the polling place and the 2.5 hours in the line put you past the time the polls closed?

I grew up here in a small town in Ohio. In and out in 10 minutes if I BS with friends I see there. I've lived in other states and places here in Ohio that are a joke.

Electoral College is a bad idea. The Senate having the control it does with 2 senators in Wyoming = to 2 senators in California or Ohio or any other state. Wyoming has about half the population of Columbus.

Someone failed civics, or more likely was never properly educated in the subject in public school.

It doesn't matter what is changed or not changed. The democrates will just do an end around their state legislature a month before voting and have some job judge make new rules that favor them.
So, you want to federalize the election?