Shocker of the night

Just out of curiosity.... how much do refs get paid to do a varsity basketball game? Assuming you are +/- $10 depending on the league.

Coaches have no say in who refs their games each conference has an assigner who assigns the games and then if something happens where someone can't make it a post is made in arbiter and any ref can accept it
You are completely misinformed… while the GCL coaches may not Hand Pick their officials they have a major say who they get on a Friday night. The GMC does a very similar system where they rate their officials and if you aren’t “voted in” by the coaches and ADs you don’t work the league.

You are completely misinformed… while the GCL coaches may not Hand Pick their officials they have a major say who they get on a Friday night. The GMC does a very similar system where they rate their officials and if you aren’t “voted in” by the coaches and ADs you don’t work the league.
I am 100% not uninformed as I am a certified referee, it does not matter if a coach requests not to have a certain ref for their game if they are assigned to it they are covering it, refs are voted on/rated but most coaches and AD's do not use the voting system. But assigners do have certain refs they call in and assign to specific big games because it is a trust factor the assignor has in them making the right calls

I am 100% not uninformed as I am a certified referee, it does not matter if a coach requests not to have a certain ref for their game if they are assigned to it they are covering it, refs are voted on/rated but most coaches and AD's do not use the voting system. But assigners do have certain refs they call in and assign to specific big games because it is a trust factor the assignor has in them making the right calls
Ok! How many GCL or GMC Varsity assignments have you picked up on Arbiter? How many have Mr. Campbell or Mr. Sagers offered you? Ask any of the guys that have been working 15-20 years how it works.

Coaches have no say in who refs their games each conference has an assigner who assigns the games and then if something happens where someone can't make it a post is made in arbiter and any ref can accept it
Now way in hell an assigner in the GCL or the GMC is using the "self assign" method (the method you describe) for one of their varsity games.

Not true.

That went by the wayside well over 20 years ago.
Au contrare. I used to go to the regionals at XU less than 20 years ago and when they introduced the officials and where they were from they were from outside the region. I'm referring to the years around the Cumberland era at Wilmington. Not that long ago.

Au contrare. I used to go to the regionals at XU less than 20 years ago and when they introduced the officials and where they were from they were from outside the region. I'm referring to the years around the Cumberland era at Wilmington. Not that long ago.
You claimed that "all of the officials" for "each game" starting at the regional semi final were from out of the area.

That's simply not true.

Been that way for a long time. Maybe not now !

Now way in hell an assigner in the GCL or the GMC is using the "self assign" method (the method you describe) for one of their varsity games.
If someone is unable to make it last minute and they already have assigned their referees for the night then yes it would go through arbiter