Seton Soccer in State Final Four

Their volleyball team had a really good run too that ended Thursday night in the Regional Semifinals I believe. Great Fall Sports season for the Saints.

I'm not a big history buff when it comes to Seton sports, so forgive my ignorance here but has Seton ever won a State Title in Soccer? If not, have they made it this far before?

I'm not a big history buff when it comes to Seton sports, so forgive my ignorance here but has Seton ever won a State Title in Soccer? If not, have they made it this far before?
According to Dyer’s tweet, this is Seton’s first regional title in soccer.

Seton being good at sports can only be a good thing for Elder. Maybe there’s a sibling or cousin of one of these girls that decides to go to Elder because of the sisters success at Seton. It’s not going to be a giant influx of kids but there could be some.

Seton will play for the state championship against Strongsville on Friday at 1PM.

According to the OHSAA's website, the championship match will stream on NFHSNetwork.com.
To get an NFHSNetwork.com account (which is free) you can go to this URL, https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/redeem and enter the code WCAT23 to get a free subscription through June 30, 2023.

No, good for them. I expect with the continued enrollment boost, they’ll see a lot more athletic success.
They will and the future is bright.

The programs are all loaded with freshman and sophomores already contributing on varsity.

One thing I will add and this criticism may not be fair given many of the sports are improving as of late.

If Seton is going to take the next step athletically (not sure they want to), they need to look at the coaches, facilities, and players to identify ways to improve.

Right now whoever shows up as Freshman, and are the best players, remain the best players for four years. They are not developing talent or (until recently) attracting top coaches, but rather relying on those players to dedicate themselves to get better. This is primarily because they don't even have a weight-room nor do they have coaches involved "out of season". The players all pay for costly outside resources (playing club, lifting, training, nutrition, etc) and are responsible for getting bigger stronger faster on her own.

Id guess most of the GGCL schools are similar but I do think this is where the public schools in the 'burbs could have an eventual advantage. Mason, Lakota, Lebanon, Springboro, etc all have access to resources on campus...Seton does not.

Just my opinion, but if Seton wants to take the next step, an on campus training facility and improved year-round coaching across the programs will be necessary.

Last edited:
One thing I will add and this criticism may not be fair given many of the sports are improving as of late.

If Seton is going to take the next step athletically (not sure they want to), they need to look at the coaches, facilities, and players to identify ways to improve.

Right now whoever shows up as Freshman, and are the best players, remain the best players for four years. They are not developing talent or (until recently) attracting top coaches, but rather relying on those players to dedicate themselves to get better. This is primarily because they don't even have a weight-room nor do they have coaches involved "out of season". The players all pay for costly outside resources (playing club, lifting, training, nutrition, etc) and are responsible for getting bigger stronger faster on her own.

Id guess most of the GGCL schools are similar but I do think this is where the public schools in the 'burbs could have an eventual advantage. Mason, Lakota, Lebanon, Springboro, etc all have access to resources on campus...Seton does not.

Just my opinion, but if Seton wants to take the next step, an on campus training facility and improved year-round coaching across the programs will be necessary.
With respect to girls Soccer & Volleyball, while playing for your high school means a lot to you/family emotionally, it doesn't mean too much to going on playing at the next level - college coaches go to club tournaments or club practices to recruit. Once the high school sport is done, they transition to their club. Unless you are a freak of an athlete, if you are not playing club, chances are you won't be playing on a high level high school team in the GGCL. IMHO, spending money on resources for these sports would be fruitless.

The younger players that are the "best players" maintain that status due to the competition/training/coaching that they are seeing at the club level - some of these girls within the Seton programs are playing national schedules against top ten national teams/players. Hard to replicate that in practice gym.