Selling Vinyl!

MoeDude

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
Have you tried selling your old albums? I had 375 albums mostly from the late 1960s and throughout the 1970s. I check two vintage stores and they were about the same. The one I decided to sell to did offer a bit more but I connected with the buyer more. A customer in the first store talked to out in front of the store and was trying to convince me to hold onto them and play them. He was a finely addict who believes the sound is better on vinyl. I’ve heard that before but I guess I’m not that technical and enjoy digital as much as vinyl. Anyone else sell their vinyls or are you a purist and hold on to them and even playing them?

Got a record player and have slowly buying vinyl over the last 4 years. I don’t exclusively listen to it, but it’s a nice change of pace. My dads got a decent collection from the 70s, 80s and 90s. Probably half of yours, MoeDude. He wants to keep them for now but when he’s ready to let them go I’ll get them.

One of my brothers left home iaround 1970 with my all of my Beatles and Stones albums. A couple of years later he gave me a 1960 Ford sedan, and I called it even. I still have my grandmother's Hollywood Strings albums if anyone is interested.

Sold all my vinyl when I upgraded to CDs, now I have a bunch of plastic sitting in a box that is basically worthless. I did keep a couple of important vinyl albums but come to find out they are not worth much, wrong label or the jacket was too beat up.

I've been buying rather than selling. Between my son and I, we've probably bought about 50 or so albums, some new, some vintage. I'm surprised sometimes by what you can find. Almost all new albums are being released on vinyl.

Have you tried selling your old albums? I had 375 albums mostly from the late 1960s and throughout the 1970s. I check two vintage stores and they were about the same. The one I decided to sell to did offer a bit more but I connected with the buyer more. A customer in the first store talked to out in front of the store and was trying to convince me to hold onto them and play them. He was a finely addict who believes the sound is better on vinyl. I’ve heard that before but I guess I’m not that technical and enjoy digital as much as vinyl. Anyone else sell their vinyls or are you a purist and hold on to them and even playing them?

I have about that many albums, mostly '70's, plus '80's and some '60's, plus a few new ones. Curious what you got for the collection??

I have about that many albums, mostly '70's, plus '80's and some '60's, plus a few new ones. Curious what you got for the collection??
They give you about 1/3 of what they think they can sell them for so check album prices in the store you check out. That should give you an idea of what you can get. I ended up getting about $2.10 per album. I had a few double album sets that I just counted as one.

ok. I'm not selling ...........actually still listening, but was wondering what an offer for the whole shebang might bring. I do think I have a few that are fairly valuable, individually.

Just give me your albums.....

I still play them at least once a week. Will never sell mine and have about 150. I do play CD's as well as stream music but I will never buy digital unless it comes with a physical copy.

I had the Rocky soundtrack and Dokken's Dream Warriors album....song from one of the nightmare movies.

Vynyl is ok...mostly filled with music snobs...

Just give me your albums.....
how cumbersome it is.
I still play them at least once a week. Will never sell mine and have about 150. I do play CD's as well as stream music but I will never buy digital unless it comes with a physical copy.
Haha why am I not surprised you're still a vinyl guy?!?!? :) I say that endearingly. I just can't deal with how cumbersome vinyl is. I've become addicted to YouTube :)

ok. I'm not selling ...........actually still listening, but was wondering what an offer for the whole shebang might bring. I do think I have a few that are fairly valuable, individually.
You may be disappointed here. It takes something extraordinarily unique to be worth big money.

Not really talking BIG money, but perhaps a few that could bring $50-$100. I do have The Cars first album that is signed by all five band members (happened after a show in Albany, I think), and that may have some value given that Ocasek and Orr are now gone.

Also have some much older records from the '40's, '50's that I inherited a while back but have yet to take the time to inventory them to see which, if any, might be worth something.

Not really talking BIG money, but perhaps a few that could bring $50-$100. I do have The Cars first album that is signed by all five band members (happened after a show in Albany, I think), and that may have some value given that Ocasek and Orr are now gone.

Also have some much older records from the '40's, '50's that I inherited a while back but have yet to take the time to inventory them to see which, if any, might be worth something.
Having it signed by all is nice, need some way to prove authenticity and it need to be in decent shape though to even realize a good $ value. Collectors are a crazy group and most are fixated on condition, sometimes replicas are worth more than originals just because of condition. I am starting to expand my collection of concert posters and there are a couple I really like, I am almost to the point where I will buy a reproduction and frame it up and you cannot tell the difference.

When my sister left home in the early 70’s she whispered to me “One day, you’ll be cool. Look under you bed - it will set you free.” There, she had left me all her old 33’s with a note that said, simply, “Listen to Tommy with a candle burning and you will see your entire future”. That day changed my life and I eventually started writing music reviews for my school newspaper with the hopes of becoming famous one day. Well, almost famous anyway.