Seeding Surprises?

The teams I am familiar with got a pretty fair shake. A slight surprise was Westerville South getting a #5 seed in the Central.

Something I learned was that different districts use different methods in seeding. I may be wrong, but I was told that the NW District (at least in DIV) was using the MPI to rank teams this year? I guess I just assumed each district would use the same method.

Something I learned was that different districts use different methods in seeding. I may be wrong, but I was told that the NW District (at least in DIV) was using the MPI to rank teams this year? I guess I just assumed each district would use the same method.
That hasn't been the case in Ohio for a very long time, and I'm honestly not sure if all of the Districts have ever used the same procedure for seeding and bracket placement at the same time.

Good? Bad?
Opted out: Westland, Briggs, and Independence.
A total of 10 teams in the NE withdrew from the tournament over the course of this season:

DI - Akron Garfield (WD 1-23), Akron North (WD 1-23), Cleveland John Adams (WD 1-20)
DII - Akron East (WD 1-23), Cleveland Glenville (WD 12-6)
DIII - Cleveland Collinwood (WD 1-20)
DIV - Lake Center Christian (WD 11-9), Jackson-Milton (WD 11-7), Middlefield Cardinal (WD 11-11), Our Lady of the Elms (WD 1-12)

The 1st 3 teams listed in DIV as well as Glenville in DII could not field teams this season. The timing of the other withdrawals has me wondering if they opted out with no provocation or if they ran out of players due to a combo of transfers sitting 2nd half plus tournament and/or academics (2nd grading period may have ended around 1-20 if those districts started school the last week of August). Either way, it's not good to see an increase in the number of teams not participating in the tournament.

DI - Akron Garfield (WD 1-23),
I saw Garfield play this year. They had 11 players for both JV and Varsity. In the second half of the JV game, the 5 Varsity starters played the whole time. Their Varsity starters were very good on JV and overwhelmed on Varsity. I understand why they withdrew but give the girls that were playing a ton of credit. Not sure of their ages but another year of experience and maybe a few new players could help rejuvenate the program.