Sectional Final Match Ups

Cincy_Futbol

Now that the first two rounds are over, match ups are getting more competitive. Below are the stand outs. Post notes or predictions below.

D1
#6 Milford vs #8 Sycamore
#5 Lakota East vs #9 Turpin
#3 Loveland vs #7 Elder
#4 Centerville vs #5 Northmont

D2
#1 Wyoming vs #3 Summit Country Day
#2 Alter vs #4 Ross

D3
#2 Madeira vs #3 Seven Hills

D1
#6 Milford vs #8 Sycamore - Milford wins 3-0. Sycamore has had a few fantastic wins this year but Milford’s attack will prove to be too much.

#5 Lakota East vs #9 Turpin - Is Lakota East’s striker playing again? If so, 2-0 win. If not they make it close with a 1-0 win.

#3 Loveland vs #7 Elder - Maybe the best D1 game. Loveland takes it 2-1.

#4 Centerville vs #5 Northmont - Centerville wins a tight one in OT.

D2
#1 Wyoming vs #3 Summit Country Day - This should be a great game. If anyone can beat Summit in Cincinnati it’s Wyoming but hard to bet against SCD in the tournament. 2-1 win in OT.

#2 Alter vs #4 Ross - Ross has had a great season but Alter is the real deal and Ross hasn’t seen a team like them. 3-0 Alter.

D3
#2 Madeira vs #3 Seven Hills - Whoever wins this will make it to the regional final against Mariemont. I’ll take the upset and pick Seven Hills.

D1
#6 Milford vs #8 Sycamore - Milford wins 3-0. Sycamore has had a few fantastic wins this year but Milford’s attack will prove to be too much.

#5 Lakota East vs #9 Turpin - Is Lakota East’s striker playing again? If so, 2-0 win. If not they make it close with a 1-0 win.

D2
#1 Wyoming vs #3 Summit Country Day - This should be a great game. If anyone can beat Summit in Cincinnati it’s Wyoming but hard to bet against SCD in the tournament. 2-1 win in OT.

#2 Alter vs #4 Ross - Ross has had a great season but Alter is the real deal and Ross hasn’t seen a team like them. 3-0 Alter.

D3
#2 Madeira vs #3 Seven Hills - Whoever wins this will make it to the regional final against Mariemont. I’ll take the upset and pick Seven Hills.
you do know Ross just beat Waynesville 6-1? Alter beat Waynesville 2-1 in the final game of the season...

Now that the first two rounds are over, match ups are getting more competitive. Below are the stand outs. Post notes or predictions below.

D1
#6 Milford vs #8 Sycamore
#5 Lakota East vs #9 Turpin
#3 Loveland vs #7 Elder
#4 Centerville vs #5 Northmont

D2
#1 Wyoming vs #3 Summit Country Day
#2 Alter vs #4 Ross

D3
#2 Madeira vs #3 Seven Hills
seems like Monroe v Oakwood might qualify for this list, Monroe is unbeaten and one of their ties was at oakwood 1-1/ oakwwod hs two losses, one to Monroe 2-1 and the other to Mariemont

Last edited:
D1
#6 Milford vs #8 Sycamore = Milford 2-0
#5 Lakota East vs #9 Turpin = East 2-0
#3 Loveland vs #7 Elder = Loveland 2-1
#4 Centerville vs #5 Northmont = Centerville 1-0

D2
#1 Wyoming vs #3 Summit Country Day = Wyoming 1-0
#2 Alter vs #4 Ross = Alter 2-0

D3
#2 Madeira vs #3 Seven Hills = Seven Hills 2-1 (PKS)

No love for the Redskins??? I'll add them in...Anderson tops X 2-1 in OT

D1
#6 Milford vs #8 Sycamore = Milford 2-1 in OT
#3 Loveland vs #7 Elder = Loveland 3-1
#4 Centerville vs #5 Northmont = Centerville in PKS

D2
#1 Wyoming vs #3 Summit Country Day = Summit 4-1
#2 Alter vs #4 Ross = Ross 1-0

D3
#2 Madeira vs #3 Seven Hills = Madeira 3-1

D1

D2

D3

@Cincy_Futbol Who would Mariemont play in the regional finals that you are saying they are a lock to the regional finals? Are they that good or is it weak competition?

have you seen Ross play?

Anybody at the Ross/Waynesville game? Waynesville had not played too many good teams, but the ones they did, they played well. Ross just overwhelm them? Waynesville have anyone hurt?

Not surprised at the winner, just the amount of goals scored.

@Cincy_Futbol Who would Mariemont play in the regional finals that you are saying they are a lock to the regional finals? Are they that good or is it weak competition?

The strength of D3 soccer in the bottom half of Ohio is in Cincinnati. I think Mariemont is good and I think the teams they’ll face leading up to the regional final are average.

No love for the Redskins??? I'll add them in...Anderson tops X 2-1 in OT

D1
#6 Milford vs #8 Sycamore = Milford 2-1 in OT
#3 Loveland vs #7 Elder = Loveland 3-1
#4 Centerville vs #5 Northmont = Centerville in PKS

D2
#1 Wyoming vs #3 Summit Country Day = Summit 4-1
#2 Alter vs #4 Ross = Ross 1-0

D3
#2 Madeira vs #3 Seven Hills = Madeira 3-1

Forgot about Anderson. They did best St. X early in the season.

Madeira beat Mariemont 2-0 at Mariemont last week of season...both teams at full strength

The strength of D3 soccer in the bottom half of Ohio is in Cincinnati. I think Mariemont is good and I think the teams they’ll face leading up to the regional final are average.
Who all have you seen play in SW Ohio that could play Mariemont?

Madeira and 7 Hills are about it in the southwest...many schools got bumped up to D2 the last few years

We’re only one round away from Mason vs Moeller. Way too early for that pairing.

The Mason coach placed himself in that bracket knowing full well Moeller would be the district match up. Will look like a genius if he wins, but you’ve got to question why they wouldn’t take an easier match up.

The Mason coach placed himself in that bracket knowing full well Moeller would be the district match up. Will look like a genius if he wins, but you’ve got to question why they wouldn’t take an easier match up.
They played last year in the district final as well. Moeller went on to win 2-0. Maybe Mason wanted some revenge.

Most of the Dayton teams seem down this year and in my experience most of the teams from north of Dayton roll into state with impressive records but haven’t played very good competition and get bounced easily...exceptions recently being Troy Christian in the north and Dayton Christian in Miamisburg...the region belonged to Summit until they move