Scrimmage: Coldwater @ Celina

1st impressions:
Parking is ok at best. Hopefully when they tear down the old school, they'll have more parking.

I don't like wood bleachers and the poles holding up the press box kinda get in the way but it honestly could be worse. Enjoying the atmosphere
love old fields where the field is right up to the bleachers... another classic OLD stadium is in Piqua.... loved being on that field during a game....nothing better... don't care about poles in the view, love when you could hear the fans in the stands, and the fans could hear what the coaches were saying on the sideline, but then I'm OLD school.... you probably wouldn't like Wrigley field either.. LOL!!!

That is correct. Arcanum won 17-14.

CW fumbled at the goal line, believe on the snap, that killed their chances obviously.

Today's "The More You Know" moment from Thavoice (sponsor in negotiations)....

It was 1986. I belive the QB is the current Vandalia Butler baseball coach. That season CW went 7-3. 3 losses was tough to get into the playoffs back in the day, but a win vs big schools like Celina and Miamisburg propelled them to their first playoff appearance.

Earlier in the 90s CW went 9-1, 10-0 and 8-2 and didnt make it.

Two seasons after that playoff loss CW went into the oblivian. Winning 10 games over 4 season to include a HC getting fired in season after a week 1 loss to Celina. Those were the darkest days of the CW program.

Coach Tim Hoyng took in week 2 after the firing of Steve Carr and steadied the ship and decided to step to the DC and hire Coach John Reed, God Rest His Soul.

They say you must bottom out before you can succeed. If it werent for those horrible seasons with 3 diff HC in 4 seasons I dont believe we see what we see right now. Coach Reed took the CW program from a laughingstock to a winner pretty much immediately and the program has not looked back.

Thanks Coach....We know you are watching down over the program. Fear none, respect all.
sponsor... maybe you you can get free Hamburgers... AT....?

love old fields where the field is right up to the bleachers... another classic OLD stadium is in Piqua.... loved being on that field during a game....nothing better... don't care about poles in the view, love when you could hear the fans in the stands, and the fans could hear what the coaches were saying on the sideline, but then I'm OLD school.... you probably wouldn't like Wrigley field either.. LOL!!!
I do like Wrigley field! When I went there, I was in the 1st row of the 2nd deck

I've been to Wrigley Field. The atmosphere surrounding the stadium is fantastic. But honestly, the stadium itself is something of a dump.

Honestly I went to Celina Stadium expecting to be disappointed but I wasn't really. Sure it's an old stadium that could definitely be improved but its definitely far from the wrecking ball. Sightlines were ok. They probably would be worse with a full crowd as would the parking. Only had a drink from the concessions so I can't rate them fully. I enjoyed the atmosphere and tried to imagine it packed. Visitor seating is small. Coldwater would probably spill over to Celinas side.

Overall I'll give it a B-