Scrimmage: Coldwater @ Celina

Coldwater is still working the kinks out and Celina is well being Celina. I hear their sophomore class isnt that bad but im not for certain there? I hope for their sakes that their coaching staff isn't watching us warm up like they did last year. This is also my 1st trip to Celina Stadium so I'll try to rate it.

Coldwater 35
Celina 14

Coldwater is still working the kinks out and Celina is well being Celina. I hear their sophomore class isnt that bad but im not for certain there? I hope for their sakes that their coaching staff isn't watching us warm up like they did last year. This is also my 1st trip to Celina Stadium so I'll try to rate it.

Coldwater 35
Celina 14
I'm curious to hear the rating of the stadium.

If I remember correctly:
1)nice natural turf
2) no track, bleachers built up.
3) sun shines in visitor's face in the evening.
Tigers go there next week.
Versailles scrimmages Greenville who scrimmaged Celina last week.

Coldwater 35
Celina 14
The rating of the stadium is more important than the score.

Coldwater 35
Celina 14
you have never been to the stadium?

Nope. Have had no reason to
My all time favorite stadium. Ironically, their Fieldhouse is my fav hoops venue as well.

Hard pressed to find any place where the stands are that close and they from on EZ to EZ. School on one side, tall pines on the other, the pressbox so close to the field, just have a very cozy, comfy setting.

WIth it eing a scrimmage the atmosphere wont be there, but just envision it full and a intense crowd. Two times in my life I felt intimidated in sports. 1. Facing Alan Carr from PW..think I closed my eyes on my first swing and 2. PLaying week 1 in football @ Celina.

Hard pressed to find any place where the stands are that close and they from on EZ to EZ. School on one side, tall pines on the other, the pressbox so close to the field, just have a very cozy, comfy setting.
Well there can be a difference between close to the action and cozy and cramped and tried to make it work. Hoping for cozy and close.

My memorable Celina field game was when Coldwater had a Sat game at Delphos. With Friday night open, my friends and l decided to go to the "infamous" Celina - St Marys game at Celina. I heard the rivalry was intense, but WOW. I was surprised at what l witnessed from fans and players.

My memorable Celina field game was when Coldwater had a Sat game at Delphos. With Friday night open, my friends and l decided to go to the "infamous" Celina - St Marys game at Celina. I heard the rivalry was intense, but WOW. I was surprised at what l witnessed from fans and players.
I have attended a few Celina/Kenton games in Celina. Front and center on the fiddy about 5 rows up. Yeah.....i think I know what you are stating about what you witnessed. Certainly a different kind of rivalry that we seen in the MAC. While we have intense, mostly friendly rivalries, it was quite.....nasty and vicious...

I went to a game at Celina many years ago. My Enochlophobia and Claustrophobia will keep me from ever going back.

I have attended a few Celina/Kenton games in Celina. Front and center on the fiddy about 5 rows up. Yeah.....i think I know what you are stating about what you witnessed. Certainly a different kind of rivalry that we seen in the MAC. While we have intense, mostly friendly rivalries, it was quite.....nasty and vicious...
it goes back to when they named that MAN MADE pond after St Marys rather then Celina.......

heck people in Minster still have some bitter feelings towards Fort Loramie for the same reasons......LOL!!!

I played at SM years ago and now live Anna, still will not wear Anna green because it is the same color as Celina. It is a heated rivalry

CW played Arcanum in a playoff game at Celina that I attended many years ago. Believe Arcanum won.
That is correct. Arcanum won 17-14.

CW fumbled at the goal line, believe on the snap, that killed their chances obviously.

Today's "The More You Know" moment from Thavoice (sponsor in negotiations)....

It was 1986. I belive the QB is the current Vandalia Butler baseball coach. That season CW went 7-3. 3 losses was tough to get into the playoffs back in the day, but a win vs big schools like Celina and Miamisburg propelled them to their first playoff appearance.

Earlier in the 90s CW went 9-1, 10-0 and 8-2 and didnt make it.

Two seasons after that playoff loss CW went into the oblivian. Winning 10 games over 4 season to include a HC getting fired in season after a week 1 loss to Celina. Those were the darkest days of the CW program.

Coach Tim Hoyng took in week 2 after the firing of Steve Carr and steadied the ship and decided to step to the DC and hire Coach John Reed, God Rest His Soul.

They say you must bottom out before you can succeed. If it werent for those horrible seasons with 3 diff HC in 4 seasons I dont believe we see what we see right now. Coach Reed took the CW program from a laughingstock to a winner pretty much immediately and the program has not looked back.

Thanks Coach....We know you are watching down over the program. Fear none, respect all.

That is correct. Arcanum won 17-14.

CW fumbled at the goal line, believe on the snap, that killed their chances obviously.

Today's "The More You Know" moment from Thavoice (sponsor in negotiations)....

It was 1986. I belive the QB is the current Vandalia Butler baseball coach. That season CW went 7-3. 3 losses was tough to get into the playoffs back in the day, but a win vs big schools like Celina and Miamisburg propelled them to their first playoff appearance.

Earlier in the 90s CW went 9-1, 10-0 and 8-2 and didnt make it.

Two seasons after that playoff loss CW went into the oblivian. Winning 10 games over 4 season to include a HC getting fired in season after a week 1 loss to Celina. Those were the darkest days of the CW program.

Coach Tim Hoyng took in week 2 after the firing of Steve Carr and steadied the ship and decided to step to the DC and hire Coach John Reed, God Rest His Soul.

They say you must bottom out before you can succeed. If it werent for those horrible seasons with 3 diff HC in 4 seasons I dont believe we see what we see right now. Coach Reed took the CW program from a laughingstock to a winner pretty much immediately and the program has not looked back.

Thanks Coach....We know you are watching down over the program. Fear none, respect all.
So Dues was Qb from CW and maybe Wink(grandparents from CW) was Arcanum QB. They called him Whitee.
Somebody can fact check this to see if memory is correct.

1st impressions:
Parking is ok at best. Hopefully when they tear down the old school, they'll have more parking.

I don't like wood bleachers and the poles holding up the press box kinda get in the way but it honestly could be worse. Enjoying the atmosphere

My all time favorite stadium. Ironically, their Fieldhouse is my fav hoops venue as well.

WIth it eing a scrimmage the atmosphere wont be there, but just envision it full and a intense crowd. Two times in my life I felt intimidated in sports. 1. Facing Alan Carr from PW..think I closed my eyes on my first swing and 2. PLaying week 1 in football @ Celina.
Eastern Ohio, that would be Harding Stadium in Steubenville.

They say ya improve in the weight room in the off-season. Celina got a new strength and conditioning coach who is an absolute beast and I know has put them through the grinder. I knew he would have them bigger, faster and stronger than theyve been in awhile. Kid takes his craft very seriously.

And people thought I was bs ing when I said this is a 7-3, 6-4 squad.

Last edited:
It's concerning for sure. I'm questioning whether the best guys are on the field. Marcel hasn't played corner. Broering who started at safety I can't find

Last edited: