Saturday Finals (9/10/22)

That was crazy. Mooney had the defender right there. A lot of awful plays by Mooney in that 4th quarter, especially on defense
That's high school football I guess.

Did you like the illegal fair catch penalty against Mooney? I saw that called against the Cards in a playoff game against Big Red at Steubenville in 1982. I had never seen it called before and I had not since it since then until today. Must be something about being near the Ohio river. :)

Did you like the illegal fair catch penalty against Mooney? I saw that called against the Cards in a playoff game against Big Red at Steubenville in 1982. I had never seen it called before and I had not since it since then until today. Must be something about being near the Ohio river. :)
I didn't understand that penalty. Since the flag was dropped after the illegal fair catch, I thought Mooney should've still kept possession

I didn't understand that penalty. Since the flag was dropped after the illegal fair catch, I thought Mooney should've still kept possession
It looked like the receiver raised both hands over his head and then dropped both of them to his sides before catching the ball. I guess that made it illegal.

I know in Steubenville they said the receiver put his hand up but he didn't wave it back & forth. Did he? I don't know. However, Big Red was also given the ball back as it was enforced from the previous spot. At least in that case they did not signal a first down for Mooney before huddling with the opposing coach & reversing it and giving it back to the kicking team.

Strange call in any case, one you just don't see very often. Like once every 40 years or so. :)

13-2 Mooney. That #81 safety from Mooney gave up the safety. He was never the sharpest tool in the shed.

13-2 Mooney. That #81 safety from Mooney gave up the safety. He was never the sharpest tool in the shed.
Hey #81, did you cross the goal line and then go back into the endzone to down the ball after your INT resulting in a safety......or didn't you? :)

Reactions: WOT