San Francisco Giants manager Gabe Kapler 'not okay with the state of this country' in wake of Uvalde shooting

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
As details of the elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, continue to unfold, San Francisco Giants manager Gabe Kapler on Friday wrote that he is "not okay with the state of this country" and that he "felt like a coward" for not protesting "the lack of delivery on the promise of what our national anthem represents."

Moving forward, Kapler told reporters on Friday that he doesn't plan on taking the field for the national anthem "until I feel better about the direction of our country" and that he needs more time to consider specific actions he might suggest be taken to prevent more tragedies of this type, such as stronger gun control laws.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h

I get what he is saying as far as the government not representing the people, but in my opinion he is just virtue signaling. If he felt this strongly about the direction of our country how come we haven't heard about his stance until today? Him and Steve Kerr live in the most liberal hell hole in the country that literally pays people to clean up human fecies off the sidewalk, yet this shooting is what sets them off. Horrible tragedy but until he becomes an activist I'm not buying it.

Good for him.

I can't be bothered to stand up for the national anthem anymore when I go to a sporting event.

This country's obsession with playing the anthem before every sporting event is ridiculous. Very few places in the rest of the world do this.

It should only be played for events where the national team is playing.

Good for him.

I can't be bothered to stand up for the national anthem anymore when I go to a sporting event.

This country's obsession with playing the anthem before every sporting event is ridiculous. Very few places in the rest of the world do this.

It should only be played for events where the national team is playing.

your sick that you can not take the time to stand for a couple of minutes. I'm sorry it is an inconvenience for you. I guess the unarmed men and women that lost their lives keeping the flag standing at Fort Henry while being bombarded by British artillery does not mean a thing too you or not enough for you to be bothered and honor the flag during the National Anthem. Without them and there sacrifices the Colonies would of surrendered to the British and we would not be the Nation we are today.