Ryan Day

Interesting take:

Paraphrase: When Ohio State loses, the fans get out the pitchforks and want to burn everything down. When Michigan loses, the fans act as if they don't care, but, inside , it burns them really bad.

Your last line there is a classic Yappi move.

Well played.
We are each responsible for our own entertainment, but it’s fun when more people enjoy the same things, isn’t it ?
Fickell or Vrabel sure. Not Hartline although he can stay. Never hire from within when you fire the HC.
If Hartline had come to tOSU with Day, I’d agree for your reason. I’m agreeing with you because he’s never run any sort of program of his own at all. Has he ever been anything but a position coach, before this season ?

Who are you going to get that’s better? Urban isn’t coming back. You want to promote Hartline who has never been a HC? Not to mention the Offense dipped with him at OC.
Simply saying that the offense dipped without acknowledging the McCord issue is uncharacteristically disingenuous of you, frankly.

You hope to do this again next year, because you dislike tOSU as much as you do Ryan Day for bagging on your extra grandpa Lou, huh ?

At this point Hartline maybe exactly what Buckeye nation needs. Day doesn’t win the big games and why? He isn’t an Ohio State guy at heart. I’d rather suffer through hiccup with Hartline for the promise land than, beating everyone except TTUN, Georgia, Alabama, etc. IMO saying he is a brainless choice doesn’t make any sense. Every coach starts somewhere until they get that chance.
No way

At this point Hartline may just run a better offense than Day. Until he fails at it, you can’t say his scheme wouldn’t work.
His career as a coach is nothing. Yet. Hard pass. I’d NOW take Fickel first for those same reasons, defensive coach or not.

thanks for the entertainment.....lol. funny to listen to people toot their horns about their teams, who are both gifted with great athletes. scum made the most plays in the end. both coaches had great game plans. the series was so lopsided for a while b/c scum had some bad coaching hires. Day must do something right b/c they still have a bunch of 5 stars committing? anyways, my life will not be so skewed b/c "the game" didn't end like i would've liked.

jtk
()
The recruits sign this year because of who was drafted and where at in the NFL last year, and the year before. Once that slides through your fingers as a school, it’s pretty tough to get back without a marquee HC hire.

Day is going to have to earn his recruits pretty soon. Right now Brutus is still bringing them.

Honestly would have some interest in Mark Stoops.

Absolutely laughable that A&M's internet goons stonewalled him from getting that job. Kentucky is a poverty football program that probably only out-recruits Vanderbilt on a regular basis among SEC schools, and Stoops has gone roughly .500 in league play over the last 7-8 with the Ohio kids that Ohio State didn't want and whatever kids he could scrabble together from Florida and Georgia after 15+ other schools had their pick of the litter.
Hmmm

Simply saying that the offense dipped without acknowledging the McCord issue is uncharacteristically disingenuous of you, frankly.

You hope to do this again next year, because you dislike tOSU as much as you do Ryan Day for bagging on your extra grandpa Lou, huh ?
IDGAF about OSU or Day after this yr.

After taking a deep breath, I’m sitting with the attitude that Ryan Day isn’t going anywhere. Hartline not anyone else is going to come in and bring the buckeyes back. I think it would be a dig on Michigan to not acknowledge their good teams. With that being said 2/3 of three wins will forever be tainted with the strong suspicion that they were cheating. I don’t consider this years game part of the scandal, though who knows honestly. Some have said it, but it really shows what a veteran QB does for your team. Once again the Buckeyes were focused for an entire year on Michigan and still took the L. Maybe next year I guess.

After taking a deep breath, I’m sitting with the attitude that Ryan Day isn’t going anywhere. Hartline not anyone else is going to come in and bring the buckeyes back. I think it would be a dig on Michigan to not acknowledge their good teams. With that being said 2/3 of three wins will forever be tainted with the strong suspicion that they were cheating. I don’t consider this years game part of the scandal, though who knows honestly. Some have said it, but it really shows what a veteran QB does for your team. Once again the Buckeyes were focused for an entire year on Michigan and still took the L. Maybe next year I guess.
Day might be going somewhere but he won’t be fired.

Fickell, Vrabel, Elko, Stoops, DeBoer, Lanning, Leipold, Brohm, Kleiman, Campbell...

I like having an Ohio guy as HC (Woody, Bruce, Tressel, Meyer) and four of those guys fit the bill.
Almost all of those are downgrades. Lanning is the only upgrade and he isn’t leaving Oregon.

I’d pump the brakes on Lanning. I want to see a larger sample size. Oregon’s schedule has been a joke, and they lost to a sus UW team, IMO. He also has the luxury of a QB who’s had more starts than any other player in CFB history.

Well your first error is I'm not an SEC grad. I am a Michigan Wolverine. And even I am smart enough to know that the SEC is a much better conference than the Big10. Anyone that doesn't realize that must have their head in the sand.
So you are an actual UM grad or just a Walmart Wolverine?

I’d pump the brakes on Lanning. I want to see a larger sample size. Oregon’s schedule has been a joke, and they lost to a sus UW team, IMO. He also has the luxury of a QB who’s had more starts than any other player in CFB history.
Oregon’s schedule is more competitive than any Big Ten schedule.

How? I don’t see any of them with playoff wins. Lanning is legitimately the only upgrade on the list and he’s not leaving Oregon.
Because you fail to understand the talent advantage Day has and his lack of attention to detail outside of his passing game.

Give all the coaches I mentioned the talent Day has and you’d see a marked difference.