Rumors about the SWBL expansion to 12 teams...

If this is true what season would this take effect? Assuming this will not be next season
Ross and Edgewood would be in the SWOC one more year. Unless the SWOC tells them to go ahead and leave but I don’t see that happening because it will give other schools a year to figure out what they are going to do.

How bout Oak Hills and Harrison?
Harrison is in the SWOC.
Oak Hills is in the GMC.

Im eager to see what happens to Harrison when Ross and Edgewood leave! Where will they go?

Oak Hills would not leave the GMC, why would they? GMC is big D1 public schools with every sport and all able to field 2-3 teams at each sport.

What I heard is they offered DC, Greenon and Greenview and possible another one. But that all depends cause I heard their were several other big schools that were invited to the league.

What I heard is they offered DC, Greenon and Greenview and possible another one. But that all depends cause I heard their were several other big schools that were invited to the league.
a division of Greenon, Greeneview, Dayton Christian, Brookville, Waynesville, Madison, and Carlisle just seems too spread out to be plausible

I believe Cedarville...pretty high confidence level the SWBL struck out here. Maybe Dayton Christian would would be happy to get out of the MBC and to find a better home for football.

Outside of DC there are very limited realistic smaller school expansion candidates.

your Knights belong in the TRC over the SWBL anyway.
To stir the pot, I'd love to see Greenon, Northwestern and Graham in a TRC expansion to go to 12 with Brookville.

It's very early in the development of the league though, and I wouldn't be looking to jumble the puzzle already unless they really want Brookville/Brookville badly wants in.

I believe Cedarville...pretty high confidence level the SWBL struck out here. Maybe Dayton Christian would would be happy to get out of the MBC and to find a better home for football.

Outside of DC there are very limited realistic smaller school expansion candidates.
Dayton Christian actually fits decently in the small school division. they do a great job at fielding competitive teams in the non money sports. but the issue has to be finding a 2nd team to join with them, id assume

To stir the pot, I'd love to see Greenon, Northwestern and Graham in a TRC expansion to go to 12 with Brookville.

It's very early in the development of the league though, and I wouldn't be looking to jumble the puzzle already unless they really want Brookville/Brookville badly wants in.
would be an amazing league geographically and travel wise and very competitive- imagine a division of Greenon, Brookville, Northwestern, Graham, Milton Union, and Northridge!

although i certainly dread driving to Miami East.. no great way to get their!

a couple questions to be answered such as is it worth it for Greenon to leave the OHC-South? they do pretty well in all sports, and the travel is nothing to complain about, although they are playing 3 of the smaller schools in the state.

would Graham leave their rivalry with Urbana to play in a similarly competitive but more geographically friendly league?

i think if the TRC wants Brookville, Northwestern is coming with. i can guarantee they’d accept that invitation faster than they could say yes.

Last edited:
I still think the possible for Carlisle, Madison and Waynesville to leave the SWBL and join up with DC and some other smaller schools to start their own league. The bigger side of the SWBL is growing and the small side is in a losing battle I think

would be an amazing league geographically and travel wise and very competitive- imagine a division of Greenon, Brookville, Northwestern, Graham, Milton Union, and Northridge!

although i certainly dread driving to Miami East.. no great way to get their!

a couple questions to be answered such as is it worth it for Greenon to leave the OHC-South? they do pretty well in all sports, and the travel is nothing to complain about, although they are playing 3 of the smaller schools in the state.

would Graham leave their rivalry with Urbana to play in a similarly competitive but more geographically friendly league?

i think if the TRC wants Brookville, Northwestern is coming with. i can guarantee they’d accept that invitation faster than they could say yes.
If you're somewhere that's at least reasonably stable, another league has to offer something that's a desirable improvement to incentivize leaving, whether it's geography, similar size/demographic profile schools, competitiveness, rivalries, etc.

The TRC is the only currently existing league that I think it would make any sense for any of the above to consider leaving the OHC or CBC for. Northwestern absolutely should if they can (I don't know that they actually would) because of bad divisional travel in the CBC and outside of Graham, all of their rivals and schools that could/should be rivals are either in the other division or in the OHC or TRC. I have a hard time arguing they wouldn't be better off in the TRC and playing the Clark county schools and Graham as non-league opponents in most sports.

I don't think Graham will leave Urbana, but for a good stretch they were with many of the TRC schools in the SRC. Milton-Union, Miami East, Lehman, and Covington have all been league opponents for them before. Greenon is in a pretty good spot, but over time I think school size is going to be an issue in their division of the OHC; there's already a major competitive issue in many sports. As long as football and boys and girls basketball are the biggest concern/emphasis, I don't think Greenon is going anywhere unless there's a major realignment in the area.

Last edited:
I still think the possible for Carlisle, Madison and Waynesville to leave the SWBL and join up with DC and some other smaller schools to start their own league. The bigger side of the SWBL is growing and the small side is in a losing battle I think
I've heard that is not off of the table.....

I’m sure it is on the table but they need at least 4 other schools to do it. That’s where it’s going to be tough not sure where they would find those schools.
Finding 4 other schools is going to be really difficult. If Madison gets an offer from the WOAC, they aren't going to worry about a new league. With the TRC and WOAC not wanting Carlisle, I think they might be stuck.

Finding 4 other schools is going to be really difficult. If Madison gets an offer from the WOAC, they aren't going to worry about a new league. With the TRC and WOAC not wanting Carlisle, I think they might be stuck.
Yeah in a way Carlisle kinda did it to themselves. Last year at Shawnee’s home basketball game they had like 8 people kicked out of the game idiot parents going out on the court they just have a bad reputation. I’m all for Madison getting into the WOAC and believe it ends up happening.

Yeah in a way Carlisle kinda did it to themselves. Last year at Shawnee’s home basketball game they had like 8 people kicked out of the game idiot parents going out on the court they just have a bad reputation. I’m all for Madison getting into the WOAC and believe it ends up happening.
The only problem I see with the expansion is that it would start being a haul for teams like Ansonia and Mississinawa Valley. I think it could benefit Preble County teams but personally I'm not a fan. Also I think they would need Carlisle would have to join with them to be able to happen.

Last edited:
The only problem I see with the expansion is that it would start being a haul for teams like Ansonia and Mississinawa Valley. I think it could benefit Preble County teams but personally I'm not a fan. Also I think they would need Carlisle would have to join with them to be able to happen.
Yeah you’re probably right not going to happen. WOAC is fine how it is.

Why can't the SWBL keep adding teams and then split into two divisions, kind of like the bigger Columbus leagues did. Heck, you could merge the GWOC, SWBL to make a mega conference. Cover all divisions.
TRC is not going to add a Warren or Butler county school. I think the WOAC is nuts for adding Madison. Travel is a nightmare.
Carlisle, Madison, Waynesville, etc need to petition to add DC, Clinton Massie, etc to expand that portion of the conference.
I think you might be surprised at who the TRC would attract. I heard some rumblings from some other leagues wanting change.
Northwestern is a good add to the TRC as is Greenon, Springfield Shawnee, Northeastern, or any CBC or OHC team. Arcanum would be a good add but they are too scared of East, Milton and Covington.
I would like to see Ft Loramie join the TRC along with Anna and Brookville. Won't happen though

I don't think Madison will go anywhere without Carlisle but I could be wrong about that. Madison is a few years away from being strong again. I can say that about Carlisle as well, WOAC should add them both, I think CM would truly bring something to the league. For the big side adding Ross and Edgewood would be a game changer. Truly helps Bellbrook and Monroe with points. I think the future is as stated TRC will expand and it will know by next year and the SWBL will either expand on both sides or will expand for bigger schools to come in. SWBL is in a weird spot with having the D5-D2 range based on Edgewood joining the League.

If the WOAC had to add two teams I would say Greenville and Eaton. I Know this would never happen for multiple reasons. The only reason why I say it though is because many of the WOAC teams play them often in non conference in multiple sports. Again I know this wouldn't happen but geographicly this would be awesome. Also Greenville hasn't been good in like any sports in awhile other then Softball and Eaton has their ups and down. It would be cool to see it.

Those two schools are way too big. Eaton and Greenville? WOAC?
Yeah I know :/ but it would be cool if it was real. The only reason why I say it is that they usually aren't the best in sports and WOAC teams have beat them in sports this year and they fit geographicly. I know this would never ever happen but it would be cool if it did.

Those two schools are way too big. Eaton and Greenville? WOAC?
Agreed, they are too big, but logistically it does make sense. It probably wouldn't be bad competition in most sports, but football would be rough.... I also am unsure about Madison/Carlisle ever joining the WOAC. Although, I would like it and I think it would be good for the Preble County schools, I just can't see the northern schools being interested in that. I think the WOAC stays as is for the immediate future with no changes in the first 5-6 years....

Agreed, they are too big, but logistically it does make sense. It probably wouldn't be bad competition in most sports, but football would be rough.... I also am unsure about Madison/Carlisle ever joining the WOAC. Although, I would like it and I think it would be good for the Preble County schools, I just can't see the northern schools being interested in that. I think the WOAC stays as is for the immediate future with no changes in the first 5-6 years....
Dixie would be a hard no as well, the only school in favor of adding Madison/Carlisle is probably PS.

Yeah I know :/ but it would be cool if it was real. The only reason why I say it is that they usually aren't the best in sports and WOAC teams have beat them in sports this year and they fit geographicly. I know this would never ever happen but it would be cool if it did.
But the WOAC teams were afraid of East and Bethel?