Rumors about the SWBL expansion to 12 teams...

This is going to be a nightmare in crossover play. Just way too much size discrepancy and potential for growth for the bigger schools. Edgewood is already D2 in football, and the four schools that are D3 will all likely be at least knocking on the door of being D2 by the end of the decade. The future for those five probably looks like being small to mid size D2 in football and smaller D1 in all other sports.

The only way this might be able to work for more than a few years is if the divisions are effectively run as separate leagues or if some of the smaller schools can't find anywhere else to go.
I agree with this, Some of those schools still have growth, even waynesville can grow but Madison and Carlisle I don't see how playing a crossover game with any of those schools will work. And If I am on the big side why would you want to play so far down with no points. It's all about money and points to get to the playoffs. But then again if those small schools are having a good year and knock you out.

Glad to see Monroe, Edgewood, and Franklin back in the same league! Adding Ross in is a great addition as well. If i was to change anything I would want Talawanda in the league as well but nothing is ever perfect. I think the small school side shapes up well, I think as long as you leave it to 1 crossover in football per year it should work out fine. The fact of the matter is anytime their is a big school division and small school division, your going to run into some beatdowns in crossovers. With the construction going on in Carlisle I think it would maniacal to join another league. With the right coaches Carlisle has the potential to be the class of that side of the league.

I think the split could work, even on the small school side. Brookville has always wanted to be in the big school side of the SWBL, I don’t understand why they would be upset now and want to join the TRC. I think they are just fine where they are at.

CM should be interested. If not they are crazy. SWBL is much more classy than the trashy league they are in now.

I think the small school side shapes up well, I think as long as you leave it to 1 crossover in football per year it should work out fine.
6 per division means 5 division games which leaves 2 crossovers.

Same problem that caused Dixie and Preble to bolt, starting all of this.

Well, in all of the years that Monroe and Milton were in the SWBL together, not once did the two play in football.
Madison and Carlisle play all of the teams listed now, except Edgewood and Ross. There's nothing that says they have to play them. It isn't like they aren't beatable. I think you will see further expansion to 14 with Clinton Massie and Wilmington. Massie to the smalls and Wilmington to the bigs.

Is the CM and Wilmington rumor of being added to the league just wishful thinking or is there some validity to it? I have never heard from the few people I know more about this stuff than me, mention that those two schools have been approached by the league.

Can someone confirm that the league has reached out to them or is it just what people think/hope should happen?

Is the CM and Wilmington rumor of being added to the league just wishful thinking or is there some validity to it? I have never heard from the few people I know more about this stuff than me, mention that those two schools have been approached by the league.

Can someone confirm that the league has reached out to them or is it just what people think/hope should happen?
Invited yes, but Wilmington’s AD is happy where they are. They’ve jumped leagues a couple times recently and want to stay loyal to the SBAAC since they took them in after getting removed from their last league. This is word directly from their AD. Talked to him about a month ago.

Invited yes, but Wilmington’s AD is happy where they are. They’ve jumped leagues a couple times recently and want to stay loyal to the SBAAC since they took them in after getting removed from their last league. This is word directly from their AD. Talked to him about a month ago.
that’s not a good attitude to have. the ADs job is to do what’s best for its student athletes

CM should be interested. If not they are crazy. SWBL is much more classy than the trashy league they are in now.
The problem for CM is that football is the only sport that can win league titles for them on a consistent basis (except the year Goshen won it). Does the SWBL really want a school that won't truly bring anything to the table?

Wilmington and Massie probably have little to no history with any of the SWBL schools outside of any postseason matchups. I'd be surprised if they've played anyone besides Waynesville in anything in the regular season in any sport.

Both of them to the SWBL makes some sense on paper, but I don't know that it makes much sense looking at the geography and history. The SBAAC isn't great, but it's probably a better fit for both. The SWBL seems to have hunted all over the area for prospective members, so I'd take it those two have said no thanks. I don't think they really have any possible moves to go to 14 besides Talawanda and Dayton Christian.

I know that CM received a letter from the SWBL. Don’t know what ideas the admin has over there but they should exit the league they are currently in. As far as competing for league titles.....Goshen was co champs with massie. All the other sports would fair just fine. Just because they haven’t won league championships doesn’t mean they totally suck. Except for football, they other sports have been doing typical small school cycles. Within the last several years they have won league in football, baseball, basketball, golf, tennis, soccer, track. That’s just on the boys side. I will admit they are up and down in most sports. The reason I am a huge advocate of the move to the SWBL is to improve those other programs. Coaches, players and parents would all have to work a little harder to compete at a higher level. On top of that I personally feel that the Sbaac sees CM as a red headed step child and they get treated as such. I can name many occasions that CM has had to appease the other league schools and then when it comes time to return the favor it never happens. There was a reason that CM left the Sbaac in 2005. Only reason they went back was because the SCOL dissolved and no other suitable leagues had room to add them. Now that there is room CM needs to jump on the chance to improve their situation. This would be an improvement academically, athletically and class of the league in my opinion.

Staying might be the best move for them. They are losing to teams in a “worse” league now. Imagine joining a league with tougher opponents.
if they are staying for the right reasons, sure. i just don’t think staying to be “loyal” is a very good reason. definitely an argument they should stay when it comes to competitiveness, but there’s also many arguments on why the SWBL would be better for both

I know that CM received a letter from the SWBL. Don’t know what ideas the admin has over there but they should exit the league they are currently in. As far as competing for league titles.....Goshen was co champs with massie. All the other sports would fair just fine. Just because they haven’t won league championships doesn’t mean they totally suck. Except for football, they other sports have been doing typical small school cycles. Within the last several years they have won league in football, baseball, basketball, golf, tennis, soccer, track. That’s just on the boys side. I will admit they are up and down in most sports. The reason I am a huge advocate of the move to the SWBL is to improve those other programs. Coaches, players and parents would all have to work a little harder to compete at a higher level. On top of that I personally feel that the Sbaac sees CM as a red headed step child and they get treated as such. I can name many occasions that CM has had to appease the other league schools and then when it comes time to return the favor it never happens. There was a reason that CM left the Sbaac in 2005. Only reason they went back was because the SCOL dissolved and no other suitable leagues had room to add them. Now that there is room CM needs to jump on the chance to improve their situation. This would be an improvement academically, athletically and class of the league in my opinion.
good example of the right reasons. Clinton Massie has a top notch football program, and are respectable in most other sports. another thing to think about- CM/Wilmington would get much more media exposure in the SWBL (WHIO/Dayton Daily News covers the SWBL) compared to the SBAAC (Cincy media outlets but not very much, and then all the smaller towns in the area). travel is not that much worse in the SWBL- in fact, New Richmond and Eaton are both the same exact distance from CM (47 miles, 64 minutes). in the SWBL, Massie fans will get to travel to many towns on the 75/63/73 corridors, compared to towns in the SBAAC that are lucky to have a McDonalds. many of these same reasons would apply to Wilmington. with tha additions of Ross and Edgewood, the SWBL seems to be fairly stable outside of maybe 2 schools for years to come- but adding CM/Wilmington could solidify that

Wilmington and Massie probably have little to no history with any of the SWBL schools outside of any postseason matchups. I'd be surprised if they've played anyone besides Waynesville in anything in the regular season in any sport.

Both of them to the SWBL makes some sense on paper, but I don't know that it makes much sense looking at the geography and history. The SBAAC isn't great, but it's probably a better fit for both. The SWBL seems to have hunted all over the area for prospective members, so I'd take it those two have said no thanks. I don't think they really have any possible moves to go to 14 besides Talawanda and Dayton Christian.

There are several SWBL schools the play CM constantly in basketball. Waynesville, Carlisle and VV are three off the top of my head. VV also has played Wilmington in football and has a long history with CM in the playoffs.

They might get Mount Healthy from Ross/Edgewood league. Never know. There are many possibilities, but it seems that the SWBL wants to move towards bigger schools.

They might get Mount Healthy from Ross/Edgewood league. Never know. There are many possibilities, but it seems that the SWBL wants to move towards bigger schools.
The problem with Mt. Healthy is outside of football and basketball they struggle to fill a varisty roster in sports like soccer, baseball, softball, etc... They don't even have JV teams for most of these sports. This is already a problem in the SWOC, I don't see the SWBL wanting to take that on.

The problem with Mt. Healthy is outside of football and basketball they struggle to fill a varisty roster in sports like soccer, baseball, softball, etc... They don't even have JV teams for most of these sports. This is already a problem in the SWOC, I don't see the SWBL wanting to take that on.
And when they travel no one shows up unless David Montgomery is playing. A few years ago we played them at their place on senior night and there were 14 people in their stands. I counted them.

None of what is going on in the SWBL is a good thing unless your a big school. The smaller schools maybe in trouble. Crossovers will be a nightmare for a few of those schools but again they haven't checked numbers of kids in 2 years, that could change it all

Mt. Healthy would be a haul for a lot of the league, and to add a school that will struggle to compete and field teams outside of a few sports.

Mt Healthy will not be joining Ross and Edgewood. Apparently Talawanda had a shot and the AD and Super screwed it up. Sounds like SWBL was only interested in taking 2 schools.

Mt Healthy will not be joining Ross and Edgewood. Apparently Talawanda had a shot and the AD and Super screwed it up. Sounds like SWBL was only interested in taking 2 schools.
Talawanda still has a shot. The problem with just them would be an uneven number. If the league can find a 4th team, it would be Talawanda and said 4th team that could join beyond Edgewood and Ross.

That 4th team they would add doesn’t even need to be another big school. They wanted Greeneview and Cedarville, but their league panned out the way they wanted so they decided not to join. Someone like Blanchester, or Greenon could be a small option. Who knows.

I have also seen (in another thread) that Alter and CJ may be options. Add those two with Ross and Edgewood...very strong league.