Rumors about the SWBL expansion to 12 teams...

True but you got to remember as well that it was a pain in the butt for teams to travel that far as most of the teams were about an hour away. So thats a big reason why they left too.
Preble Shawnee to Miss Valley is like an hour. Arcanum to PS is about the same drive as Arcanum to Bethel, about 40 minutes, or to Miami East which takes about the same.
I would love to see Tri Village join the TRC. I think they would be a great addition.
Dayton Christian would be a good addition to the WOAC as would Lehman. Lehman would fit better in the WOAC than the TRC. Swop TV out with Lehman.
The SWBL is going to spin off a new smaller school conference.

Last edited:
Preble Shawnee to Miss Valley is like an hour. Arcanum to PS is about the same drive as Arcanum to Bethel, about 40 minutes, or to Miami East which takes about the same.
I would love to see Tri Village join the TRC. I think they would be a great addition.
Dayton Christian would be a good addition to the WOAC as would Lehman. Lehman would fit better in the WOAC than the TRC. Swop TV out with Lehman.
The SWBL is going to spin off a new smaller school conference.
TV is not going to the TRC, but I get why you want every desirable team to join the TRC, whether they are interested or not. Speaking in regards to the Preble County schools, adding Dixie/Preble Shawnee and losing Miami East/Bethel was a no brainer and a huge improvement. TVS does not even play Miami East/Bethel anymore and our non-conference in football/basketball is primarily made up of SWBL schools. We play Carlisle as our one OOC game in football and play 6 SWBL schools in basketball. TVS/TCN almost joined the small school side of the SWBL in the mid 2000's and had that happened, it might have kept the small school side in tact...

TV is not going to the TRC, but I get why you want every desirable team to join the TRC, whether they are interested or not. Speaking in regards to the Preble County schools, adding Dixie/Preble Shawnee and losing Miami East/Bethel was a no brainer and a huge improvement. TVS does not even play Miami East/Bethel anymore and our non-conference in football/basketball is primarily made up of SWBL schools. We play Carlisle as our one OOC game in football and play 6 SWBL schools in basketball. TVS/TCN almost joined the small school side of the SWBL in the mid 2000's and had that happened, it might have kept the small school side in tact...
Do you know why they didn't?

TVS was in favor, TCN did not want to at the time because they felt that they wouldn't be as competitive with football. We had to join as a pair.
Crazy if it would have happened, the conferences would look so much for different now. As a fan of Tri-Village I'm glad they stayed :]

TVS was in favor, TCN did not want to at the time because they felt that they wouldn't be as competitive with football. We had to join as a pair.
The story I got from MU's AD back then was that Milton was trying to create a new league and TCN/TVS were invited and rejected it. It was in 2005.

Well I am sure that edgewood will say the same thing this week as well. SWOC is in trouble they have one more season to figure it out

Well I am sure that edgewood will say the same thing this week as well. SWOC is in trouble they have one more season to figure it out
Yes, that league will be dead. This is a huge problem for Harrison. I can't think of a logical landing spot for the Wildcats. Top small for the GMC, too far west for the ECC and too big for the CHL.

no smaller schools to add. Oakwood, Waynesville, Carlisle, Madison, Brookville, and Eaton makes for a fairly competitive small school division.

I think Valley View would be in the small school for Oakwood. Oakwood has always been on the big school side because they are so good in the “country club “ sports. VV numbers are shrinking and they will be either a very small D4 or a bigger D5 soon

With adding Edgewood and Ross the break down of the small side will be VV,Eaton,Waynesville,Brookville, Oakwood,Carlisle and Madison. That’s my opinion. Play only one cross over game. But the crossovers for Carlisle and Madison truly are much bigger schools. Franklin possibly going back to D2? Just for the D5 school the gap is big for a crossover with numbers.

I think Carlisle is 5-10 years away from D4 possibilities with the new school. Franklin getting new school I am sure will impact their enrollment as well. Monroe seems to be growing like crazy. Madison honestly I am not sure they have room. What does everyone think about size of some of the other schools?

Those schools are playing crossovers vs the larger schools now anyway. I can't see the big issue here. Edgewood and Ross could schedule Valley View and Oakwood annually as a permanent crossover. That leaves Madison and Carlisle to schedule Eaton, Bellbrook, etc. Other sports would be an issue. No word on Clinton Massie joining?

Those schools are playing crossovers vs the larger schools now anyway. I can't see the big issue here. Edgewood and Ross could schedule Valley View and Oakwood annually as a permanent crossover. That leaves Madison and Carlisle to schedule Eaton, Bellbrook, etc. Other sports would be an issue. No word on Clinton Massie joining?
From what I heard crossover games for football will rotate. Meaning D2 Edgewood against DV Madison/Carlisle. Don't see how that game benefits anyone. Look for Madison to make a quick exit as soon as they have an opportunity. Carlisle would like to move but I don't see anywhere they can go.

I would hope the SWBL is smarter than that. Eaton is already in the small division, I am not sure how they will break out the crossovers but I agree, but Carlisle and Madison I would say will end up as a package deal to a league

I would hope the SWBL is smarter than that. Eaton is already in the small division, I am not sure how they will break out the crossovers but I agree, but Carlisle and Madison I would say will end up as a package deal to a league
I look for the WOAC to add Madison, they have already stated they don't want Carlisle. I heard Brookville voted against Ross/Edgewood as well, the TRC would take Brookville if Brookville wanted out. SWBL may look very different in the next couple of years. The only way I see the smaller schools wanting to stay is if they find 4 other schools to add and truly split big/small with no crossovers required.

I look for the WOAC to add Madison, they have already stated they don't want Carlisle. I heard Brookville voted against Ross/Edgewood as well, the TRC would take Brookville if Brookville wanted out. SWBL may look very different in the next couple of years. The only way I see the smaller schools wanting to stay is if they find 4 other schools to add and truly split big/small with no crossovers required.
That would be cool if they made a maga conference but doubt that happens. I wonder if madison and Brookville will be a package deal? Also any idea why WOAC doesn't want Carlisle?

That would be cool if they made a maga conference but doubt that happens. I wonder if madison and Brookville will be a package deal? Also any idea why WOAC doesn't want Carlisle?
Depends on which school you ask, Dixie says Carlisle is to big, Preble people say they don't want to deal with Carlisle fans, the northern schools don't want the travel, I'm yet to see anyone from that conference want Carlisle. They all seem fine with Madison though (Madison and Carlisle are almost identical to me).

Depends on which school you ask, Dixie says Carlisle is to big, Preble people say they don't want to deal with Carlisle fans, the northern schools don't want the travel, I'm yet to see anyone from that conference want Carlisle. They all seem fine with Madison though (Madison and Carlisle are almost identical to me).
If they do add Madison and not Carlisle I wonder if they add another team or if FM or Newton get football?

With adding Edgewood and Ross the break down of the small side will be VV,Eaton,Waynesville,Brookville, Oakwood,Carlisle and Madison. That’s my opinion. Play only one cross over game. But the crossovers for Carlisle and Madison truly are much bigger schools. Franklin possibly going back to D2? Just for the D5 school the gap is big for a crossover with numbers.
right now it's a 5-7 split. That means every small school has a crossover, but 2 of the big schools have 2 crossovers.
This tells me they think they're not done. I bet they want Talawanda, but are having trouble finding that 14th school to go 7 and 7. Dayton Christian probably wants to be that school, but none of the small schools (Oak,VV,Eat) want to be on that big side?