Round of 32: #9 St. Xavier at #1 Moeller

Sooo close until the end. Really was rooting for Fairfield. Didn't want to see another week 5. Was surely our worst game of the year.
Dis gonna be huge.

UC plays Navy at Nippert. Fri Nov 4. Time TBD.
1667018399257.jpeg

UC typically does not like to have a Friday night game at Nippert with their game the next afternoon.

Sooo close until the end. Really was rooting for Fairfield. Didn't want to see another week 5. Was surely our worst game of the year.
Dis gonna be huge.
No, vs St Ed was the worst game this season for Moe. The game before that, and two since were not much better.

Sadly, the final score will read.......

Evil Empire - 38
Suicide Bombers - 10

My Bombers are "not ready for prime time"
Moeller should be plenty healthy and rested going in to this game. Starters saw very limited action in the last two games. QB played quite a bit, but most skill position players and key defensive players were given plenty of time off. I do believe the X soph will have his hands full with the Moeller front 7. Moe will stack the box and force the young one to throw. I like Moeller by double digits. GBM

Moeller should be plenty healthy and rested going in to this game. Starters saw very limited action in the last two games. QB played quite a bit, but most skill position players and key defensive players were given plenty of time off. I do believe the X soph will have his hands full with the Moeller front 7. Moe will stack the box and force the young one to throw. I like Moeller by double digits. GBM
The Moeller ends had their way with the X tackles in the first game, it was ugly. Not sure if it happens this time due to X basically running 2 tight ends and a full back quite a bit more. I don't know if X can run against them though, I was impressed by Moe's LB's.

I think Moe wins by 7 in a low scoring game that goes by quick with both teams running and running. I still don't know what to expect from this X team. You can see their offense growing in confidence, but the playbook is still relatively thin. The defense was looking better, then got torched by FF's QB. Guess we'll see Friday.

The Moeller ends had their way with the X tackles in the first game, it was ugly. Not sure if it happens this time due to X basically running 2 tight ends and a full back quite a bit more. I don't know if X can run against them though, I was impressed by Moe's LB's.

I think Moe wins by 7 in a low scoring game that goes by quick with both teams running and running. I still don't know what to expect from this X team. You can see their offense growing in confidence, but the playbook is still relatively thin. The defense was looking better, then got torched by FF's QB. Guess we'll see Friday.
Good assessment. I saw St X score vs Fairfield. Has X found a nice groove on offense?

Why is this game being played at Norwood? I understand the obvious answer that Moeller is hosting, but tickets for this game are going to be a tough get because of the seating capacity of Norwood. It doesn't have to be Nippert, but there has to be a local high school that would be willing to host to accommodate the crowd for this game. Sad for some fans who would like to watch this game but will not be able to secure tickets.

Why is this game being played at Norwood? I understand the obvious answer that Moeller is hosting, but tickets for this game are going to be a tough get because of the seating capacity of Norwood. It doesn't have to be Nippert, but there has to be a local high school that would be willing to host to accommodate the crowd for this game. Sad for some fans who would like to watch this game but will not be able to secure tickets.
It is now Wednesday. The game is sold out. The location has been discussed, debated, whined about and laughed about for 3 days now. It’s happening. Watch it on TV if you could not get a ticket.

It is now Wednesday. The game is sold out. The location has been discussed, debated, whined about and laughed about for 3 days now. It’s happening. Watch it on TV if you could not get a ticket.
Hey Boothmark77....good talk. My point is that these schools could have made some more money on gate. Nevermind, it is two GCL South schools, they don't need it.

Any word on how many tickets were actually made available to the public through OHSAA? I have a feeling at least half the 5,000 were already accounted for presale.

That's a shame. Students and parents of players and band members are obvious for pre-sale.
One would think, but not the case here. Could give Moe advantage, or be evenly split, or could feel like an X home game. Tick tok, we'll find out in 2 days.

There was no pre-sale code given to either school from my understanding. It was literally a free for all
There has to be a different or better method even with the Online Ticketing. Players Parents,Coaches Family, not even having the opportunity to go to a Rivalry Playoff Game is beyond wrong and Everyone involved has to be aware of this situation. I feel sorry for the ADs. They probably taking a lot of heat from their own Teams Parents over something totally out of their control.

There was no pre-sale code given to either school from my understanding. It was literally a free for all
The players and coaches were given the opportunity to get unlimited tickets prior to them being released to the public.

Last edited:
There has to be a different or better method even with the Online Ticketing. Players Parents,Coaches Family, not even having the opportunity to go to a Rivalry Playoff Game is beyond wrong and Everyone involved has to be aware of this situation. I feel sorry for the ADs. They probably taking a lot of heat from their own Teams Parents over something totally out of their control.
Players and coaches had access to unlimited tickets prior to them being released to the public.