Round of 32: #9 St. Xavier at #1 Moeller

Big Moe flexed their muscle no doubt. The Offensive line was dominant and the Defensive front 7 consistently pressured the young QB. The young QB from X showed a lot of moxy, but it was evident from the jump that he was not quite ready for prime time. A full off season coupled with his recent experience should allow for him to develop physically including gaining much needed arm strength and velocity. It appears that the X HC decided weeks ago that he was going to play for next year. I can't say I blame him since there was no way that X was going to get out of Region 4. As far as the OPI call goes, I watched the replay at least 4 times but had a hard time confirming who initiated the contact. Judging by the immediate body language of the defensive back, he might have influenced the call a bit.

Jordan Marshall is a man amongst boys. It will be very interesting to see where he goes to college. He seemed to drop a hint in the post game interview that he was headed to UC. Not just to view today's game with Navy, but as a potential college destination. That decision would probably attract a lot of top tier local talent as well. Luke F. has done one heck of a job at UC. I only hope that he remains the HC for a few more years at least. He is just now reaping the rewards of his recent recruiting success. His two younger sons are Freshmen at Moeller so there might be some indication that he will remain in Clifton for a few more years.

Moeller really needs to up their game when it comes to a home field. I know there are plans in the works to build a new football stadium, but in the interim, they need to explore a different venue for the next few years. Maybe go back to Lockland with a revised lease agreement.

The real playoffs begin next week. The clocks get turned back this evening and all Friday night games will begin under the cover of darkness. The pretenders have turned in their unis, and and the contenders begin preparation for the best 4 weeks of HS football. GBM 💪 🏈

It looks like X should have played with O'Malley vs. Herbie for this game (20-17 game earlier). I have seen Herbie play 2x - not impressed, especially vs. Moe game last night. How much $ did Herbie Sr. donate to X for Herbie Jr to take the QB job??

It looks like X should have played with O'Malley vs. Herbie for this game (20-17 game earlier). I have seen Herbie play 2x - not impressed, especially vs. Moe game last night. How much $ did Herbie Sr. donate to X for Herbie Jr to take the QB job??
Go to stxsports.net, watch the games. O'Malley was not the best QB for this team, or else he'd be playing. The first game was tighter because of the X defense tackling Marshall.

As much as outsiders want to believe it, $ are not as influential at X as is thought. Plenty of parents have tried to buy their way in unsuccessfully. Plenty of rich kids have left because the coaches aren't playing them based on their last name. The X mantra on admissions is that if you can get in, they will do everything to enable you to go there, regardless of your family's money situation, not the other way around.

Frankly, this X team was not very good this year for a lot of reasons. Totally outclassed by Moe, and you can't leave the game in the hands of the officials. The next 2-3 years for X should be very good.

X doesn’t need his money. They got a $50 million donation to their already large endowment earlier this year

He’s a sophomore. He made some throws last night that were very nice. There is room for improvement/development, he will be fine.

Big Moe flexed their muscle no doubt. The Offensive line was dominant and the Defensive front 7 consistently pressured the young QB. The young QB from X showed a lot of moxy, but it was evident from the jump that he was not quite ready for prime time. A full off season coupled with his recent experience should allow for him to develop physically including gaining much needed arm strength and velocity. It appears that the X HC decided weeks ago that he was going to play for next year. I can't say I blame him since there was no way that X was going to get out of Region 4. As far as the OPI call goes, I watched the replay at least 4 times but had a hard time confirming who initiated the contact. Judging by the immediate body language of the defensive back, he might have influenced the call a bit.

Jordan Marshall is a man amongst boys. It will be very interesting to see where he goes to college. He seemed to drop a hint in the post game interview that he was headed to UC. Not just to view today's game with Navy, but as a potential college destination. That decision would probably attract a lot of top tier local talent as well. Luke F. has done one heck of a job at UC. I only hope that he remains the HC for a few more years at least. He is just now reaping the rewards of his recent recruiting success. His two younger sons are Freshmen at Moeller so there might be some indication that he will remain in Clifton for a few more years.

Moeller really needs to up their game when it comes to a home field. I know there are plans in the works to build a new football stadium, but in the interim, they need to explore a different venue for the next few years. Maybe go back to Lockland with a revised lease agreement.

The real playoffs begin next week. The clocks get turned back this evening and all Friday night games will begin under the cover of darkness. The pretenders have turned in their unis, and and the contenders begin preparation for the best 4 weeks of HS football. GBM 💪 🏈
Don’t be fooled by the interview with Marshall and the UC thing. The clip online cuts out the question from the reporter. He asked Marshall about this weekend. Marshall answered something like I’m staying home and going to UC—meaning the game vs Navy. He was originally slated to travel to Northwestern.

As far as Norwood—only 2 home games next season so not a big deal. Lockland would never happen as the bridge is burned.

And yes, things turn up a bit from here onward. Not only will Moe will be turning back their clocks this weekend, but with their offense as well. Old school, running football is how they have to play. How far that takes them, remains to be seen.

View attachment 35653
This picture was sent from the railroad tracks across from the stadium and I don’t see any shadows?? I saw a couple people in wheelchairs that were sitting by the railing in the stands designated for handicap and I’ve never seen a field with seating just for seniors? Again, the place wasn’t state of the art or brand new by any means but was fine. Sorry your team lost?
That is a great picture and the camera work is good, but sometimes with a camera you can make the picture a lot brighter than it actually is. The field was not that bright last night. There were handicap people at the bottom of the ramps who could not get a spot to watch the game.

It is what it is and I wish Moeller best of luck to win the state.

Don’t be fooled by the interview with Marshall and the UC thing. The clip online cuts out the question from the reporter. He asked Marshall about this weekend. Marshall answered something like I’m staying home and going to UC—meaning the game vs Navy. He was originally slated to travel to Northwestern.

As far as Norwood—only 2 home games next season so not a big deal. Lockland would never happen as the bridge is burned.

And yes, things turn up a bit from here onward. Not only will Moe will be turning back their clocks this weekend, but with their offense as well. Old school, running football is how they have to play. How far that takes them, remains to be seen.
Only 2 home games next year? Is the schedule already set? LaSalle and X should be home games (guessing X will be at Nippert). If they continue to play, it should be Ignatius turn to come here. Love for them to sub out a couple of games for teams like West, Princeton or Winton Woods. I know their league schedules makes that highly unlikely.

Only 2 home games next year? Is the schedule already set? LaSalle and X should be home games (guessing X will be at Nippert). If they continue to play, it should be Ignatius turn to come here. Love for them to sub out a couple of games for teams like West, Princeton or Winton Woods. I know their league schedules makes that highly unlikely.
They are set (in pencil) for the next 2 seasons.
Next year—La Salle and St Ignatius. Correct on St X being at Nippert.
GMC and ECC has made it difficult for any GCL South school to schedule them—until the playoffs. 😉

They are set (in pencil) for the next 2 seasons.
Next year—La Salle and St Ignatius. Correct on St X being at Nippert.
GMC and ECC has made it difficult for any GCL South school to schedule them—until the playoffs. 😉

I know Moe is still very much alive in 2022, but curious about 2023 schedule?

GCL, Ed's Iggy, who are the other 5?

Go to stxsports.net, watch the games. O'Malley was not the best QB for this team, or else he'd be playing. The first game was tighter because of the X defense tackling Marshall.

As much as outsiders want to believe it, $ are not as influential at X as is thought. Plenty of parents have tried to buy their way in unsuccessfully. Plenty of rich kids have left because the coaches aren't playing them based on their last name. The X mantra on admissions is that if you can get in, they will do everything to enable you to go there, regardless of your family's money situation, not the other way around.

Frankly, this X team was not very good this year for a lot of reasons. Totally outclassed by Moe, and you can't leave the game in the hands of the officials. The next 2-3 years for X should be very good.
As a Moeller fan, I thought Herbie managed the game well. I thought his speed was surprising. He had some good runs and scrambles. He will be a very good player. Will the freshman QB from X challenge him next year? That kid is impressive too.

As a Moeller fan, I thought Herbie managed the game well. I thought his speed was surprising. He had some good runs and scrambles. He will be a very good player. Will the freshman QB from X challenge him next year? That kid is impressive too.
Yes he is. Good problems to have. 😉

He's a fairly decisive QB about running, and more athletic than he appears. I'm guessing the frosh QB will be at WR next year, he's definitely more of an overall athlete than Herbie. The offensive skill position rooms are going to be well stocked the next few years it looks like.

Fick will be here unless the ND or OSU job opens up and he gets the offer. He's had plenty of opportunity to leave but he's saving it for the perfect situation both with football and with his personal life.