ROE VS WADE OVERTURNED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s already 15 states that have it outlawed. And my politics are well known, I’m mostly right of Center, but I think this is a losing issue for Republicans

I think I counted 18 (or 19) states with 'trigger laws' on the books.

The majority of Americans support a woman's right to get an abortion.

There is no such thing. ?‍♂️

It is the state legislators who are making these decisions. If you want to decide it at the state level it should be put on the ballot in every state.

uhsz6RI.jpeg

Easy enough. Get the signatures and get it on the ballot.

This doesn't eliminate abortion and isn't an attack on democracy

It correctly gives the power to the states and people in those states to vote. The judicial branch shouldnt make laws....

I doubt many states will outlaw abortion. Heck some liberal states will have zero restrictions still.
It really is that simple......I know our Leftist friends are not big on that whole constitutional thing, but the 10th amendment clearly defines this as a states rights issue. It should never have been a Federal issue, all's today has done has returned it to the states. Let the sky screaming commence in 3, 2, 1.......

There’s already 15 states that have it outlawed. And my politics are well known, I’m mostly right of Center, but I think this is a losing issue for Republicans
Overcome by a dementia patient in the whitehouse who needs cue cards and is told what to do by the easter bunny

I think I counted 18 (or 19) states with 'trigger laws' on the books.

Most of those laws were passed to appease the base, while thinking that there was zero chance Roe would ever be overturned. I'd expect a lot of them will quickly re-evaluate their positions.

Most of those laws were passed to appease the base, while thinking that there was zero chance Roe would ever be overturned. I'd expect a lot of them will quickly re-evaluate their positions.
Definitely true. But you know the Democrats will ignore these things happening and will further exaggerate what today's ruling did. They need something to run on. Inflation , high prices on everything , open border , high crime, wokeness, war in Ukraine etc aren't positives

Who elects the people making those decisions in the legislature again ?

If the majority in states support abortion, there will be abortion in those states. Also the majority don't support late term abortion like savage liberal states do in some cases.

You are being blinded by media stirring it up to cover for your party running the country into the ground. Need something to run on since you guys have nothing positive to put forward from the idiot in office now

I doubt it. But if you want to kill a baby, you'll have plenty of states to go to nearby with very few restrictions

State rights should be how laws are made through the legislature. That's separation of powers and checks and balances. You don't have a right to go communist and make laws your way if the majority don't want them . This is a victory for the republic
The residents of the following states favor making abortion legal in all or most cases. Yet these same states have laws on the book, or a trigger law tied to the Roe decision to either outlaw or severely limit a right to an abortion
Florida 56 - 39 (the difference in each of these is the undecided) (ban after 15 weeks not overly restrictive)
Iowa 52-46 ban after 6 weeks
Michigan 54-42 pre Roe law banning abortion currently being challenged in state court
Oklahoma 51-45 currently has a near total ban but a trigger law to outlaw completely when Roe overturned
Wisconsin 53-45 Law from 1890's makig abortion illegal
Virginia 55-42 there is no state law banning or protecting the right to an abortion Gov Glen Younkin tweeted after Roe decision that "he plans to take every action to protect life" It will be interesting to see how hard he pushes to ban despite the state being one that most favors the right.

The residents of the following states favor making abortion legal in all or most cases. Yet these same states have laws on the book, or a trigger law tied to the Roe decision to either outlaw or severely limit a right to an abortion
Florida 56 - 39 (the difference in each of these is the undecided) (ban after 15 weeks not overly restrictive)
Iowa 52-46 ban after 6 weeks
Michigan 54-42 pre Roe law banning abortion currently being challenged in state court
Oklahoma 51-45 currently has a near total ban but a trigger law to outlaw completely when Roe overturned
Wisconsin 53-45 Law from 1890's makig abortion illegal
Virginia 55-42 there is no state law banning or protecting the right to an abortion Gov Glen Younkin tweeted after Roe decision that "he plans to take every action to protect life" It will be interesting to see how hard he pushes to ban despite the state being one that most favors the right.
Who elects those state legislatures and others who appoint people below them again ? You dodged that

People can get signatures and put it on the ballot or vote people out if they are so passionate

I think you guys would be surprised state by state how that would go if everyone voted ..

Now please don't bomb pro life health centers as your party throws a fit about people having more chances to vote ....

This doesn't eliminate abortion and isn't an attack on democracy

It correctly gives the power to the states and people in those states to vote. The judicial branch shouldnt make laws....

I doubt many states will outlaw abortion. Heck some liberal states will have zero restrictions still.
You bring up a great point... abortion was made legal via judicial fiat. It has NEVER been voted on by The People nor Congress. As you correctly state, the judicial branch doesn't exist to create laws. Although, Keith Olberman wants to eliminate this 3rd Branch and reduce us to a dictatorship.

You bring up a great point... abortion was made legal via judicial fiat. It has NEVER been voted on by The People nor Congress. As you correctly state, the judicial branch doesn't exist to create laws. Although, Keith Olberman wants to eliminate this 3rd Branch and reduce us to a dictatorship.
That's because Olberman is an Anti-American, fudge packing Communist

Many people have said this a lot, so I guess we'll see in the next few days how much of this is true.

Their job is to enforce the laws. Not to make the laws. Democrats want the supreme court to make laws and that isn't the purpose. Of course many of them were asleep when separation of powers and checks and balances were taught in school it seems

Their job is to enforce the laws. Not to make the laws. Democrats want the supreme court to make laws and that isn't the purpose. Of course many of them were asleep when separation of powers and checks and balances were taught in school it seems
This is true and it’s even stupider thinking expanding the court is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.