Richmond Heights Post Season Option

I have said this for years, but the truth is they have a really bad part of town that you can get shacks/apts. for real cheap. Their Basketball coach is also their AD(And leader of All-Ohio Red) and no ever seems to question him. The OHSAA turns a blind eye to them and has for the past 6-7 seasons.
Rogers is not the leader of All Ohio Red. He used to coach for them years a long time ago. The leader of AOR is Jerry Watson. Stop spreading lies or provide links.

Truth is NE Ohio kids want to play for Richmond Heights and Rogers is an excellent coach with a great reputation. He is not the leader of AOR liar.

Last edited:
That's exactly my point.....winning gets in their blood from the day they can first hold a ball....or go watch their HS teams play. They grow up wanting to be Fliers...or Cavaliers. They watch their older siblings or cousins play and just understand that they will get their chance at some point. Big difference from just picking kids from around the city and moving them to a school to play for a couple years lol.
Do they pick the kids or do the kids pick RH?

Rogers is not the leader of All Ohio Red. He used to coach for them years a long time ago. The leader of AOR is Jerry Watson. Stop spreading lies or provide links.

Truth is NE Ohio kids want to play for Richmond Heights and Rogers is an excellent coach with a great reputation. He is not the leader of AOR liar.
Sorry to upset you Que..... I mean cdub, so he isn't the leader of All-Ohio Red, but can you say without a doubt he doesn't get the best AOR players to come to Richmond Heights? Are you insinuating that kids are showing up to Richmond Heights for their Academics? If you really believe that Richmond Heights is not guilty of any recruiting, I have some ocean front property in Arizona I would love to sell you. This kind of stuff has been going on for years in that area

"Just give a clearly superior team the option to give their players a better and more challenging tournament experience. It would be better for everyone involved."

Especially, for the small rural schools with their once in a lifetime team that has a chance to either go to Dayton or compete for a state championship but now wont because of Richmond Heights? Just looking for clarification . . .asking for a friend.
Richmond Heights was one of those schools too but they've done nothing wrong to get better, all D4's in Ohio have the same opportunity to get better as well! Tri-Village been doing it forever but no one's complaining. RH just got hip to the game, so to speak.

No kidding Captain Obvious. That’s why I brought up the topic. OHSAA could create a mechanism by allowing extremely talented teams in lower divisions that dominated the previous year and already know the glory of a small school championship to step it up if they want to. I think I’ve already said multiple times in my responses…..nothing should be forcibly done by the OHSAA. Just give the option for lower division teams to move up if they feel it’s in the best interest of the development of their players. In Richmond Heights case it clearly would be. Waxing teams by 30 doesn’t help or develop anything
By that logic OHSAA should allow teams that's a division higher to compete in the next division lower because they can't compete in their own division? It's the same principle.

Seen this done in the Metro Buckeye Conference several years back as well with Dayton Jefferson. They were just a basketball power at that time, so instead of a home and home the league voted that they could play an independent schedule but stated that if a conference team still wanted to play them they had to honor it for one game but not the typical home and home conference method.

Now for the irony. Today Dayton Jefferson is closer to a D5 team. They are barely hanging on as a program and are playing just 10 or so regular season games.
True but there is only 4 divisions in basketball or were you just being facetious?

The amount of " advertising " by private schools by far outweighs that of any public school...
Well sure. That's because 100% of private school students are recruited. They don't get a steady influx of students just because of where their parents decided to set down roots.

And it's " all about the Benjamins" that private- parochial schools have more of for sure.
If the privates have all the $, then why are there no new private schools being built like all of the state of the art public schools (
Euclid, Willoughby/Eastlake, Richmond Hts., North Royalton...) which seem to be everywhere now?? They seem to have plenty of $$$

Because private-parochial schools do not get state OSFC funding. And to compare most private parochial schools is unfair. Public schools take " all " students while the private-parochial schools can be selective weeding out those who may have special needs, or be disruptive. Been in both settings.

Because private-parochial schools do not get state OSFC funding. And to compare most private parochial schools is unfair. Public schools take " all " students while the private-parochial schools can be selective weeding out those who may have special needs, or be disruptive. Been in both setting
Correct, but don't act like the public schools put "all" those students together. The are also "selective" as well and place certain kids in the honors classes, they have specifically schooled educators to teach those students who are special needs and "disruptive" kids experiences will vary. All the while, public school teachers pay is extremely higher than at private schools. All I'm saying is that the public schools are not at a financial disadvantage,that's all.

Correct, but don't act like the public schools put "all" those students together. The are also "selective" as well and place certain kids in the honors classes, they have specifically schooled educators to teach those students who are special needs and "disruptive" kids experiences will vary. All the while, public school teachers pay is extremely higher than at private schools. All I'm saying is that the public schools are not at a financial disadvantage,that's all.
Agree to disagree.

And it's " all about the Benjamins" that private- parochial schools have more of for sure.
I really think 90% of private schools do not fit into your mental mold of who or what makes up todays private school.

For starters , ten years ago we did not have vouchers for private schools, today, I know of a few very successful private schools who the majority of their students are from disadvantaged families and failing public schools. The majority of students qualify for free and reduced lunches. Sure there are some exceptions to this trend, but many private schools are literally picking up the shards of the pieces of human remains after the public system, or the parents of kids, have failed them. These are not in large measure affluent families. My bet would be the average private school would be comprised of lower average income families than nearly any of the up and coming suburban schools. The suburbs would far exceed the mean wealth of the private schools.

By that logic OHSAA should allow teams that's a division higher to compete in the next division lower because they can't compete in their own division? It's the same principle.
No it’s not. Hypothetically a school with a larger enrollment has an advantage over a school with a lower enrollment….that’s why they created divisions in the first place. Playing up a division is supposedly more of a challenge therefore different than playing down against smaller schools….does that make sense?

Kinda surprised no one has invited North College Hill from the early 00s into the chat.

Reading through all of this makes me feel like I've gone back to 2005.

And it shouldn't. If you have a loaded team that was put together fairly and by the rules , they are in. See VASJ 2013 with their eventual 7-8 D1 college athletes. Couple teams made them work a few minutes but that was about it.
"fairly and by the rules" hahahahahaha a team that was put together by a "used car salesman coach and money" are the words you were looking for there

I have said this for years, but the truth is they have a really bad part of town that you can get shacks/apts. for real cheap. Their Basketball coach is also their AD(And leader of All-Ohio Red) and no ever seems to question him. The OHSAA turns a blind eye to them and has for the past 6-7 seasons.
Great post. This is all anyone in this thread needs to know. The rest of the replies are either people in denial or just uninformed.

Kinda surprised no one has invited North College Hill from the early 00s into the chat.

Reading through all of this makes me feel like I've gone back to 2005.
The difference is that North College Hill wasn’t D4 and playing teams in the tourney that probably don’t even have tryouts to be on the team.

Sorry to upset you Que..... I mean cdub, so he isn't the leader of All-Ohio Red, but can you say without a doubt he doesn't get the best AOR players to come to Richmond Heights? Are you insinuating that kids are showing up to Richmond Heights for their Academics? If you really believe that Richmond Heights is not guilty of any recruiting, I have some ocean front property in Arizona I would love to sell you. This kind of stuff has been going on for years in that area
You moved the goalposts. What I said was Rogers is not the leader of AOR. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit and neither is providing actual facts.

No I am not insinuating the kids are showing up for academics. My belief is they are showing up at RH for basketball opportunities. They probably know QR has a reputation from his work with AOR 10+ years ago.

Personally I don't care if kids migrate to RH for basketball. I have a good friend who pulled his 2 daughters out of public school and enrolled them in Hawken for academic purposes and music interests. I don't have any problem with parents trying to improve their children's opportunities.

Again..my point is you were spreading misinformation or lies and needed to get your facts straight.

No I am not QR. I am just providing accuracy. I used to live in Central Ohio where AOR was established and am just familiar with Rogers as he coached the Jared Sullinger Aaron Craft dominant AOR AAU teams about 15 years ago.

I also know about Jerry Watson former Buckeye who formed AOR decades ago. I am just more educated on AOR than you.

The difference is that North College Hill wasn’t D4 and playing teams in the tourney that probably don’t even have tryouts to be on the team.
Yea but they were D3. A one class difference while still a difference is not much of a difference. NCH in two of their 3 state titles played Ironton and Liberty Benton. I'd be surprised how thorough the try out process in LB and Ironton is.