Richmond Heights overpowering

2001 Bethel defeated Reedsville Eastern by 23 in the semi and Delphos St John by 26 in the final in front of an average of over 14k per game in attendance.

I would not be surprised though if the first game vs Highland was not one of the all time beat downs in terms of a percent ratio of points scored. The 38 point margin with a running clock may be in the top 10. Also, who was the last state champ to keep both opponets at state at under 30 for the game?

2001 Bethel defeated Reedsville Eastern by 23 in the semi and Delphos St John by 26 in the final in front of an average of over 14k per game in attendance.

I would not be surprised though if the first game vs Highland was not one of the all time beat downs in terms of a percent ratio of points scored. The 38 point margin with a running clock may be in the top 10. Also, who was the last state champ to keep both opponets at state at under 30 for the game?
Looking at the program it hasn’t been close to being done since 2004 when Holgate held their semi opponent to 28 and championship opponent to 32. But this also has to do with Holgate being coached by Paul Wayne too and style of play. Lot of champions holding teams in the low 40s and high 30s though throughout the years.

I remember St Henry beating Richmondale Southeastern in 90-91 93-45 In semi final game
That was the D3 89-90 St Henry team that did that. There’s still very, very few D4 teams (I don’t include this Richmond Heights team in that category) that could beat the next year’s 90-91 St Henry Redskins squad too.

That was the D3 89-90 St Henry team that did that. There’s still very, very few D4 teams (I don’t include this Richmond Heights team in that category) that could beat the next year’s 90-91 St Henry Redskins squad too.
And very few div 2 teams imo..

Nobody had any chance against Richmond. There have been a lot of great teams but I still believe that nobody has been as unbeatable
in their own division. They played the championship game without a 6'7" West Virginia recruit.

Nobody had any chance against Richmond. There have been a lot of great teams but I still believe that nobody has been as unbeatable
in their own division. They played the championship game without a 6'7" West Virginia recruit.
Recency bias is crazy sometimes. There’s been D4 teams I would take to beat this RH team. St Henry had 3 D1 athletes on their 90-91 D4 championship team then, being one of the smallest D3 teams the previous year in 89-90, held the Mr Basketball winner Bob Patton to 1-11 in the 2nd half of the championship game. They thoroughly dominated D3 and D4 both years.

Heck, I’d take 2019 Convoy Crestview over this RH team too.

Recency bias is crazy sometimes. There’s been D4 teams I would take to beat this RH team. St Henry had 3 D1 athletes on their 90-91 D4 championship team then, being one of the smallest D3 teams the previous year in 89-90, held the Mr Basketball winner Bob Patton to 1-11 in the 2nd half of the championship game. They thoroughly dominated D3 and D4 both years.

Heck, I’d take 2019 Convoy Crestview over this RH team too.
2013 was a crazy good VASJ team that won D4. I believe they are the only school to win at all divisions large to small and everything between. VASJ won by 31 in the semi final and 24 in the final. I would have that team as better than RH without Harris. They had three d-1 recruits with one being in the top 10 of the nation at power forward. (Point guard to Evansville) , power forward to Kansas (?) and do not remember where the third d-1 player went. That team would have made the St Henry team work for sure. Carlton Bragg 2015 was ESPN #18, #6 among power forwards.

I see I actually cut that 2013 VASJ team short. It looks like they may have had 5 players eventually go D-1 that played in the state tournament that year. Gibson Jr to Evansville, Flanigan to Cleveland State, Bragg to Kansas, someone else from 2015 class to Northwestern, and there was another name I did not recognize but said he committed to D1 school but did not name it. Few are the teams that ever have that talent at any division.

I see I actually cut that 2013 VASJ team short. It looks like they may have had 5 players eventually go D-1 that played in the state tournament that year. Gibson Jr to Evansville, Flanigan to Cleveland State, Bragg to Kansas, someone else from 2015 class to Northwestern, and there was another name I did not recognize but said he committed to D1 school but did not name it. Few are the teams that ever have that talent at any division.
Pardon was the kid that went to Northwestern and Brian Parker went on to have a great career at Marist.

They beat D1 St. Eds (state semi-finalist) and Cleveland Hts (regional finalist) this year. There 4 losses were against very good D1 teams (Green, Brush, Fairfield) and D2 State Champ SVSM. If you are scheduling the top D1 and D2 schools for exposure for almost the entire non-conference schedule, why would you want to win the D4 state tournament?

Josiah Harris is an out of state transfer. Two of their starters transferred in from Cleveland Benedictine this fall. Dorian Jones, one of their top freshman, was in a Cleveland Heights middle school last year. I am sure there are more examples.

There is zero reason they are playing in the D4 tournament. It's one thing to be a "powerhouse" with mostly homegrown talent in D4, but Richmond Heights is definitely not that.

They are what Columbus whirle use to be. If they get that many transfers they need to move up a division or automatically play division 1. Hiland was not that bad we played with them in the first I thought we had a chance they change the defense and didn’t let us shoot anymore and we had not one foul shot the entire game. Hiland will struggle next year lost 5 seniors we are getting back Sammy deltwile and Alex Yoder a nice 6-6 player hopefully he grows a couple of more inches and out some meat on his bones. The jv team is big it’s the biggest jv team I had ever seen for hiland so there is a little hope.

They beat D1 St. Eds (state semi-finalist) and Cleveland Hts (regional finalist) this year. There 4 losses were against very good D1 teams (Green, Brush, Fairfield) and D2 State Champ SVSM. If you are scheduling the top D1 and D2 schools for exposure for almost the entire non-conference schedule, why would you want to win the D4 state tournament?

Josiah Harris is an out of state transfer. Two of their starters transferred in from Cleveland Benedictine this fall. Dorian Jones, one of their top freshman, was in a Cleveland Heights middle school last year. I am sure there are more examples.

There is zero reason they are playing in the D4 tournament. It's one thing to be a "powerhouse" with mostly homegrown talent in D4, but Richmond Heights is definitely not that.
Josiah Harris played his freshman year at Canton GlenOak. Richmond Heights had an out of state transfer last year who I believe went back to Pittsburgh for his senior year.

Brian Parker went to Marist and Derek Pardon went to Northwestern.

Brian Parker went to Marist and Derek Pardon went to Northwestern.
One of the best high school teams ever in D4, D3 or even D2. At the time they played in that 2013 tournament we didn't know just how good some of the younger players would become. I would take that team over this years D4 champions by a few points, but that would make for an excellent game.

ST V should be D1 no questions asked they have been too the Final 4 18 of the last 22 years. Richmond Heights and Lutheran East should be D2 but the problem is they can't move the basketball teams up and not move the football teams up as well and Lutheran East and Richmond Heights have decent Football programs but not at a D2 level.

Probably not changing people. It is what it it is. Not fair, but get to a final 8 or 4 and enjoy the ride. The system is what it is and Not many answers

ST V should be D1 no questions asked they have been too the Final 4 18 of the last 22 years. Richmond Heights and Lutheran East should be D2 but the problem is they can't move the basketball teams up and not move the football teams up as well and Lutheran East and Richmond Heights have decent Football programs but not at a D2 level.
Richmond Heights hasn’t had a football team for at least 2 years, I believe they were in jeopardy of not being an ohsaa participant because of lack of fall sports teams at one time.