Revere @ Cloverleaf (Girls BK)

Village Idiot

Whats up with Revere? Their record looks good but they havnt exactly lit the score board up against their competition.
How about Cloverleaf? Coming off a (2) win season a year ago they have already doubled their wins from last year.
Looks like two teams headed in opposite directions.

Cloverleaf at home by 10.

i don't know what is wrong with Revere. they barely put up a fight vs Highland and then OT with Cloverleaf? i dont know what to say about that. but with Nance with 19 rebounds obviously CLoverleaf can't rebound if she had 19 rebounds! given she is 6'4 but shes a little timid

You're right Wadsballer

Twice in your post you said "I don't know", you got that right. How many rebounds did Cloverleaf get? Were you at the game? Whats
"obvious" about a game you didn't see?

murk, let me set u straight on what's obvious about revere. I was not @ the game but have seen them play. Things that are obvious:
1. They are not a good team. They are right in the middle w/ cloverleaf, highland & tallmadge. This is because Fouser is not playing.
2. Nance is 6'4" but as wadsballer stated she is timid, that is an understatement. She does not like to get physical.
3. Cloverlead has 2 taller girls 5'10" & 5'11" but can't keep Nance off the boards. All you have to do w/ Nance is block her out. She plays a high post in their offenese how does she get 19 rebounds?
4. If you read the paper you have somewhat of an idea of what happened in the game: Game against HHS Revere shoots 47 foul shots, more than their ttl pts output for the game vs. HHS 24 ..... duplicate vs. Cloverlead 1:2 ratio whole hitting a poultry 50%

What's obvious about that?:hello:

Thanks so much

Grandmaster BB - Thanks so much for setting me straight.

1. You say that Revere is not a good team but they are in the middle, so that means they are not a bad team either. If they were playing in a different league that was less competitive than the SL, and they were winning the league, would they be a good team then?
2. Who am I to say what she likes? She doesn't have to get physical, anyone who looks directly at her is charged with a foul. She doesn't get to shoot all those free throws because she is driving to the basket.
3.Cloverlead (I thought it was Cloverleaf?) has more than two tall girls, they did keep Nance off the boards. Most of her rebounds were defensive because the Cloverlead run-and-gun guards kept trying to shoot threes and the ball was coming off the rim high. When Casey Nance holds her hands up they are about 8 feet off the floor, if anyone else goes after that ball they get whistled. If you had seen the game you would know this. I also read the paper, it said that one of the Cloverlead players had 13 rebounds. Wadsballer says obviously Cloverleaf can't rebound; my question is "How many rebounds do you need to get before WB thinks you can rebound?"
4. I was there, no chickens were hit in this game.

Thanks again for pointing out the obvious and setting me straight..

Last edited by a moderator:
Points well made but ....

19 reb are a ton of rebound, off/def it's still a ton. I know she doesn't even jump. I was @ the HHS game, remember 47 trips to the line for Rev. we know all about that BS. Your court & the fouls were still 2:1, doesn't seem right.

Althought Cloverleaf is improved all your points justify mine & all stick w/ my opinion & just say it was 2 poor teams playing for the 1st place in the 2nd tier of the SL.

Clarification:
Never called anyone "bad", quote was "not a good team"

One more obvious thing Professor, you must be one of the many poultry farmer out their lowdi.

Thanks again for your insight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twice in your post you said "I don't know", you got that right. How many rebounds did Cloverleaf get? Were you at the game? Whats
"obvious" about a game you didn't see?

i was at the game murk?
its a thread, and i was sharing my opinion- that's what you do on a forum right?

in regard to the revere jv team...there still is one, sort of. they have 4 players, garman is out for a week or so with a knee injury. they just take random players from the varsity to play a quarter or two. not to mention seniors...the two seniors revere has could easily play jv full time. apparently they "want to". they play a quarter here and there as well. anyways...i've witnessed their jv team win games playing 4 on 5. not bad for mostly freshman players!