Remakes you actually want

PantherProud

What is a remake or reboot that you’d actually like to see?

Two for me:

1) I’ve always thought Jaws 3 was a great idea and plot with horrible execution and of course CGI. I’d love to see someone try again in a Jurassic World vein.

2) With two Agatha Christie novels recently being made and homages such as Knives Out, it is desperately time to remake Ten Little Indians/And Then There Were None. I think it’s now been over 50 years since it was last made.

Almost every DC superhero movie.
Spiderman. Surprised they haven't thought to do this already.
Gone With the Wind with Adam Sandler, Halle Berry, Megan Fox and Silvester Stallone as Rhett. "Frankly ma dear.." It'd be epic.

Cannonball Run could be a good one with an ensemble cast of today's stars. Also think Porky's could be modernized and could be pretty good. At one point they started remaking Revenge of the Nerds, but it was shut down when the college they were suppose to shoot at read the script and said no way, not here. I think that could have been good too.

I read a column that indicated almost every war has a great film made with it as the primary premise with the exception of the US Revolutionary War. Maybe a more realistic version of the Patriot? Something has to be made.

From the super hero genre I always thought that Howard the Duck could have been a fun movie if done as a R rated comedy. I thought we might be heading in that direction because of the post credit scene in Guardians but it appears that will not be the case.

The Warriors was about as realistic as to gang warfare as Westside Story!

I'd like to see a remake of Being There in today's political climate.
I don’t get why it has a cult following. I wasn’t born yet, but I’m still pretty sure NY gangs in the 70s didn’t fly around on roller skates or dress up like Baseball players.

I don’t get why it has a cult following. I wasn’t born yet, but I’m still pretty sure NY gangs in the 70s didn’t fly around on roller skates or dress up like Baseball players.

I think it's largely due to the scenery and various settings throughout the film from the neighborhoods to the train stations and so on...it seems to be believed that it portrays those aspects of NY from the time very accurately, that it was a very hardened and rough city through much of the 70s due to problems such as stagflation, declining industry and suburban flight that led to a massive uptick in crime and drug usage.

I personally enjoyed the film even with some of the more ridiculous gang concepts that were written into the story, but it is one film that I would love to see be remade with more realistic gangs and violence.

Hell no! The movie would not be the same without a young Phoebe Cates:
Phoebe.jpg

The Warriors is a great cult film because of its over the top cartoonish gangs, wild scenes, and really interesting characters that drive the film; it is one of those films were plot is the last thing on your mind. The ending is also a classic with famous "Warriors, come out to play" bit and the DJ/narrator wrapping things up w/ Joe Walsh taking them home.

I don't know if it needs a full remake, but I'd like to have a version of The Hobbit with less stupid filler, dumb characters, and pointless romantic interest and more dwarves and extra material from around the Tolkien collection

I'd also like to see a Harry Potter Netlfix/Prime/HBO series that delves more into the details the movies left out. Maybe we'll get that in the next 10-15 years

And a full re-writing of Fantastic Beasts series could be great

I don't know if it needs a full remake, but I'd like to have a version of The Hobbit with less stupid filler, dumb characters, and pointless romantic interest and more dwarves and extra material from around the Tolkien collection

I'd also like to see a Harry Potter Netlfix/Prime/HBO series that delves more into the details the movies left out. Maybe we'll get that in the next 10-15 years

And a full re-writing of Fantastic Beasts series could be great
I too would love for Harry Potter to get the series treatment but JKR is politically toxic right now so its going to be a few years before anyone is brave enough to try.

What is a remake or reboot that you’d actually like to see?

Two for me:

1) I’ve always thought Jaws 3 was a great idea and plot with horrible execution and of course CGI. I’d love to see someone try again in a Jurassic World vein.

2) With two Agatha Christie novels recently being made and homages such as Knives Out, it is desperately time to remake Ten Little Indians/And Then There Were None. I think it’s now been over 50 years since it was last made.
Recently came upon this 2015 "mini-series" remake of And Then There Were None, three hours total. I think I'll check it out soon.

Most movie remakes are disappointing.

Many of the ones that are an improvement are higher production remakes of sci-fi films e.g., The Thing & Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

But my best two remakes are movies that were pretty good and had big stars to begin with, True Grit & Ocean's 11.

Recently came upon this 2015 "mini-series" remake of And Then There Were None, three hours total. I think I'll check it out soon.

It was good, good cast .

A bit of a slow burn. They do some flashbacks that I’m not sure all were in the book. I think it would have been better off as a TV movie than mini series. They could have trimmed 30 minutes or so.

5.25/8

The Highlander.

The original is strange, which is part of its charm, but could it definitely drop its aloof tone and be a very compelling movie or series.

I read a column that indicated almost every war has a great film made with it as the primary premise with the exception of the US Revolutionary War. Maybe a more realistic version of the Patriot? Something has to be made.
Agree Patriot was definitely a letdown, especially after Braveheart.

A more realistic "Tombstone". One where Morgan Earp isn't a sheepish kid with hero worship for Wyatt and Doc and where Doc Holiday doesn't exchange barbs with Johnny Ringo in Latin LMAO.