Region 8

Always appreciate Zeeman's well-thought-out posts.

It's well thought out. He just jumped to the punchline.

What kind of sleeper do you mean Turpin or Kings could be? They are clearly 2 of the top 4 teams in the region (which isn't saying much) and will each 100% lose to LaSalle. Nothing sleepy about that, it's right out there in the open and don't think anyone is going to dispute it.

It's well thought out. He just jumped to the punchline.

What kind of sleeper do you mean Turpin or Kings could be? They are clearly 2 of the top 4 teams in the region (which isn't saying much) and will each 100% lose to LaSalle. Nothing sleepy about that, it's right out there in the open and don't think anyone is going to dispute it.

Could be worse. We could have schools from the 20 Mile Drive of Perpetual Defeat:
Dublin Coffman 0-3 0.0000
Olentangy Liberty 1-2 1.6667
Olentangy 0-3 0.0000
Olentangy Orange 0-3 0.0000

Guess ya gotta manufacture Tomato Cans somewhere.

Just glancing at the list of teams in the region, outside of LaSalle and a few others that are probably a few notches below them (Kings, Turpin and maybe Anderson and Harrison?), there probably isn't much else in this region that could contend for anything.

Dayton area the schedules the teams in this region play are awful compared to what the teams listed above play, especially LaSalle. It's hard to tell how formidable somebody like a Piqua is in comparison. I wouldn't really be surprised and might even expect to see a second round game where LaSalle demolishes an undefeated or one loss team that's a top-3 seed.

Just glancing at the list of teams in the region, outside of LaSalle and a few others that are probably a few notches below them (Kings, Turpin and maybe Anderson and Harrison?), there probably isn't much else in this region that could contend for anything.

Dayton area the schedules the teams in this region play are awful compared to what the teams listed above play, especially LaSalle. It's hard to tell how formidable somebody like a Piqua is in comparison. I wouldn't really be surprised and might even expect to see a second round game where LaSalle demolishes an undefeated or one loss team that's a top-3 seed.

Piqua is a mystery to me. I've seen La Salle play a couple playoffs games at their place and it's a really nice facility. It's hard to imagine they don't have a formidable program with digs like that. But they sure haven't been a factor lately.

Strength of Schedule comparisons:

Olentangy's opponents (excluding their performancse against Olentangy themselves) are 0-1, 0-1, and 0-2 = 0-4. Not the toughest crowd.
Olentangy Orange's are 2-0, 2-0, and 0-2 = 4-2. Much tougher, given those two losses are against Ed and Hoban.
Dublin Coffman's 3 losses are to a pair of Cincinnati schools (including the aforementioned Turpin) and an Indiana community school.
Olentangy Liberty lost to X (as would pretty much everybody else), and played a pair of D3 and D4 schools that they split with as a D1 school.

Collectively, not the worst, but not the toughest either.

So, Kings and Turpin are being dismissed relative to larger, on average, opponents they've outperformed.
Kings' schedule has been respectable (2-0 D1 Sycamore, 1-1 D2 Winton Woods). Turpin beat D1 Dublin Coffman.

The comment about how they'd fare against similar competition, I'd say, is slightly favorably.

Piqua is a mystery to me. I've seen La Salle play a couple playoffs games at their place and it's a really nice facility. It's hard to imagine they don't have a formidable program with digs like that. But they sure haven't been a factor lately.
They might have two games on their schedule IMO where they might face any real resistance. I would expect them to go undefeated, but there's going to be a lot of question marks until they lineup against somebody from outside that league. I would think they should be fairly good for D2, but I don't think they'll be prepared at all to play against better competition. There are a lot of teams in that league that probably range from very bad to very pedestrian for D2.

This week's games with the biggest playoff implications:
1) Anderson (2-1) @ Kings (3-0). The winner is most likely a regional semifinalist or better.
2) Xenia (2-0) @ Piqua (2-0). The team that loses this one won't make the regional finals.

Gut reaction, but I would be surprised if Piqua doesn't win by at least 3 scores and more than likely by a running clock.

Both of Xenia's wins so far were against teams that are terrible. Dunbar beat Beavercreek by roughly the same margin as Xenia, and Tecumseh nearly put a running clock on Fairborn.

La Salle's best shot at the playoffs is to beat DuPont Manual and Trotwood and get four wins, otherwise it's dicey if they get in with 3 wins. Colerain and Winton will get them some decent L2 points. DuPont Manual already has three wins but their opponents haven't won a game. Trotwood should beat some Dayton publics which haven't won a game (Belmont, Ponitz Tech, and Thurgood Marshall). If DuPont or Trotwood get cancelled because of Covid, La Salle is in trouble with three wins. A cancelled game does not count in the ranking per the OHSAA.

Last edited:
Gut reaction, but I would be surprised if Piqua doesn't win by at least 3 scores and more than likely by a running clock.

Both of Xenia's wins so far were against teams that are terrible. Dunbar beat Beavercreek by roughly the same margin as Xenia, and Tecumseh nearly put a running clock on Fairborn.
That was Dunbar's only win so far as they are 1-2 with the two losses to DI Wayne and DI Northmont.

Last edited:
LaSalle's facilities are garbage compared to most of the teams in region 8. Not sure what is so impressive about it. Their strength of program is solely rooted in the ability to recruit the region with impunity.

LaSalle's facilities are garbage compared to most of the teams in region 8. Not sure what is so impressive about it. Their strength of program is solely rooted in the ability to recruit the region with impunity.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, huh? I was talking about seeing La Salle play at Piqua's stadium and wondering why they weren't a formidable program with those facilities.

It seems your ability to form a rational thought is also lacking. You'd think a school that can "recruit the region with impunity" would have better facilities than La Salle does so that they could attract these "recruits." It's a wonder they ever lose a game with such access to all-star team formation.

You should really try harder.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, huh? I was talking about seeing La Salle play at Piqua's stadium and wondering why they weren't a formidable program with those facilities.

It seems your ability to form a rational thought is also lacking. You'd think a school that can "recruit the region with impunity" would have better facilities than La Salle does so that they could attract these "recruits." It's a wonder they ever lose a game with such access to all-star team formation.

You should really try harder.
Learn to write and you won't be so misunderstood. So sorry you are so sensitive.

Yes its a wonder, but the competition for the pool of recruits is strong. Maybe a better facility and program would net a better result.

Learn to write and you won't be so misunderstood. So sorry you are so sensitive.

Yes its a wonder, but the competition for the pool of recruits is strong. Maybe a better facility and program would net a better result.

Well, that's a better try but you still fall short. There was no mystery as to what I was talking about unless you're a true rube. Do you have anything to add about the region aside from crying about better programs?

Well, that's a better try but you still fall short. There was no mystery as to what I was talking about unless you're a true rube. Do you have anything to add about the region aside from crying about better programs?
I think you both should keep this argument going. Using words like impunity and rube was very refreshing compared to the normal you are dumb and you're idiot comments that tend to dominate the forum. Keep up the good work gentlemen.

Explain what you mean by garbage. The stadium has field turf and seats 8,000 total combining both sides.

Ghetto location with no parking. Poor access to stadium seating with limited room around concession and restrooms. Pretty straightforward. Not even close to the facilities offered by other schools in the region. Sorry, just the facts.

Ghetto location with no parking. Poor access to stadium seating with limited room around concession and restrooms. Pretty straightforward. Not even close to the facilities offered by other schools in the region. Sorry, just the facts.
Agree that parking is a problem since you have to park on the street, also agree with long lines at concessions and limited restroom facilities. The only people who can park in the school lots are season ticket holders who get parking passes. The school is located in Monfort Heights which could hardly be called ghetto. Have you been to Elder's stadium called the "pit" . Now that is ghetto in Central Price Hill. You also have to park on the street there, but they are not region 8 but region 4, so let's not talk about them.

The good news for those who call the facilities garbage is that La Salle will probably not finish in the top eight to host a first round game, if they even make the playoffs at all. Let's look at their schedule. Seven games remain. On paper they shouldn't win against St. Xavier or Cathedral. Next is Trinity which is a possibility but not a good one. Next two which could be winners are Moeller and Elder but not strong possibilities. Finally LS shouldn't have any trouble with Trotwood Madison or DuPont Manual if those games come off which should be enough to get them in with a away game at probably either Kings or Turpin.

Last edited:
I actually liked Lasalle's atmosphere and stadium when I have watched games there. I know the away bleachers could use some updating but I very much liked it. That area isnt "nice rich suburbia" but its not "ghetto" either. Pull to Trap is a SWOC guy (Edgewood I think) who thinks anything in the city is ghetto. Parking was the only issue at Lasalle and their stadium. But you find that a lot in Cincinnati schools. I think for a playoff game I parked at a church and was bussed in.

I actually liked Lasalle's atmosphere and stadium when I have watched games there. I know the away bleachers could use some updating but I very much liked it. That area isnt "nice rich suburbia" but its not "ghetto" either. Pull to Trap is a SWOC guy (Edgewood I think) who thinks anything in the city is ghetto. Parking was the only issue at Lasalle and their stadium. But you find that a lot in Cincinnati schools. I think for a playoff game I parked at a church and was bussed in.
For a lot of people, anything that isn't new build that was a cornfield a generation ago is ghetto.

I remember when it was first revealed that Lasalle would be dropping to D2 and the popular sentiment was that they would be the team to beat indefinitely in Region 8. Outside of Winton Woods having some good years, that has largely been the case and will likely stay that way for the foreseeable future.

If the Lancers play their A game, I don't see a team in R8 that will give them much of a game after the murderer's row they have coming up yet this season.

Yep. It's certainly not perfect, but we have a stadium and it really provides a nice atmosphere once you're in. Providing a free shuttle bus really negates the lack of parking unless you just want to complain about something.