Region 7 Championship: #4 Massillon vs #7 Green

OBIE-WON

Is Green really the only the fourth best team in the league?? Someone from Green care to elaborate??

It’s also goin on 7 years since somebody from Stark County beat Massillon. Always resting on someone else’s laurels. ?

bass10

Is Green really the only the fourth best team in the league?? Someone from Green care to elaborate??

It’s also goin on 7 years since somebody from Stark County beat Massillon. Always resting on someone else’s laurels. ?
Yes, lost to Jackson, NC and McK and I believe all had less than 3 losses? And resting on someone else's laurels? I remember reading a few posts from Massillon posters saying what WW was going to do to us (Green) kinda like one in the same?

OBIE-WON

I felt WW was going to win big.

Pretty sure a prediction is quite different from “Hoping for WW to win big.”

TigerPaw

Bass10 would rather say Green was the 4th best team in the FL just to dig Massillon. That's hilarious.

Ok fine we lost to a scrub who got lucky. Rare as it is it does happen, congrats.

bass10

Bass10 would rather say Green was the 4th best team in the FL just to dig Massillon. That's hilarious.

Ok fine we lost to a scrub who got lucky. Rare as it is it does happen, congrats.
TP, come on man, I never said that just verified it for you as a fact. FWIW I don't believe McK or Jackson was better but at that point of the season they were. A school like Green just can't lose the players they did against them and continue to compete. They were full strength against Hoover in the regular season. Believe me you didn't lose to a scrub but I do think now they were more even with Massillon than you want to believe. Their defense was very good towards end of year.

Mackinbiner

It's not so much he would RATHER say Green finished in 4th place in the league. I think the takeaway is that he's CAPABLE of saying it. Many aren't capable of owning or admitting such truth (or any truth in their search for excuses). But, that's the way the season worked out for them. They have NOTHING to be ashamed of. They represented the league well.

Tiger #33

TP, come on man, I never said that just verified it for you as a fact. FWIW I don't believe McK or Jackson was better but at that point of the season they were. A school like Green just can't lose the players they did against them and continue to compete. They were full strength against Hoover in the regular season. Believe me you didn't lose to a scrub but I do think now they were more even with Massillon than you want to believe. Their defense was very good towards end of year.
No excuses here honestly. I will just say being without a RB getting recruited by Ohio State definitely hurt the further we got. We also lost one of our starting offensive and defensive lineman in the playoffs. I’m not here to argue I’ve congratulated Green over and again for the win. Just stating we didn’t have our full roster and were very young. I think that Green having all the seniors they had and a very good Trey Martin definitely was huge. We also got out coached. And on top of that, We didn’t even cover Trey with one of our best athletes IMO SMH

bass10

No excuses here honestly. I will just say being without a RB getting recruited by Ohio State definitely hurt the further we got. We also lost one of our starting offensive and defensive lineman in the playoffs. I’m not here to argue I’ve congratulated Green over and again for the win. Just stating we didn’t have our full roster and were very young. I think that Green having all the seniors they had and a very good Trey Martin definitely was huge. We also got out coached. And on top of that, We didn’t even cover Trey with one of our best athletes IMO SMH
Why of course you can't lose players, Green was at full strength. I never look at those things as excuses but as reasons that helped contribute to a loss. Unfortunately we lose everything and you do not.

Tiger #33

Why of course you can't lose players, Green was at full strength. I never look at those things as excuses but as reasons that helped contribute to a loss. Unfortunately we lose everything and you do not.
That’s understood as well. Freddie Lenix for Massillon was very good running the ball for us once Hartson went down. If Green loses Martin you can’t really replace him on both sides. I get that. Like I said hats off to Green. They outplayed us, and out coached us.

Tiger #33

Just pointing out that if Massillon fans wouldn’t post on threads like this one that are clearly meant to troll, there would be nothing to taunt about.
That’s true but if some Massillon fans could humble themselves we wouldn’t have as much backlash as we get. It’s ok for everyone to be proud of their school without tearing down another’s all the time. Massillon should be proud of what they have and what they’ve accomplished. Only thing missing is a win the very last week of the season. It’s not easy to do. You have to win 5-6 games after the regular season. Things are different today then they were some years ago

thisisinsane

That’s true but if some Massillon fans could humble themselves we wouldn’t have as much backlash as we get. It’s ok for everyone to be proud of their school without tearing down another’s all the time. Massillon should be proud of what they have and what they’ve accomplished. Only thing missing is a win the very last week of the season. It’s not easy to do. You have to win 5-6 games after the regular season. Things are different today then they were some years ago
For sure 33. I may troll Massillon a little (I’ve tried to scale back), but there are two specifically that give many of you a bad name on this board. Most of my comments are typically spurned by something one of them say. It may behoove some of the Massillon fans to not “cheerlead” and “like” their posts if they don’t want lumped in with them.

I realize it’s a two way street and we’d have to dig up archives of that other website to see who “started” it.

I’m not willing take it that far, even if I say something about Massillon, it’s typically in good fun. I’ve stated multiple times that if you don’t count Massillons titles, then no one can count any NCAA titles pre-BCS. It was the way. Do I think that there was some natural bias in the press? Sure, but again, that was the system.

Tiger #33

For sure 33. I may troll Massillon a little (I’ve tried to scale back), but there are two specifically that give many of you a bad name on this board. Most of my comments are typically spurned by something one of them say. It may behoove some of the Massillon fans to not “cheerlead” and “like” their posts if they don’t want lumped in with them.

I realize it’s a two way street and we’d have to dig up archives of that other website to see who “started” it.

I’m not willing take it that far, even if I say something about Massillon, it’s typically in good fun. I’ve stated multiple times that if you don’t count Massillons titles, then no one can count any NCAA titles pre-BCS. It was the way. Do I think that there was some natural bias in the press? Sure, but again, that was the system.
Nothing wrong with poking some fun hell I do it too. I know we have a couple that can be hard to deal with. Hell if we say anything on here that they don’t like they’re in our PM’s. So I get it. Nobody is going to agree all the time and sometimes you’re going to read something you don’t like. But there’s no need for some of the things that goes on here. Ive had to pull back too, I have said things that Ive come to regret. Even recently. I deleted those comments since. I have to do better so that’s the route I’m trying to take

pastGas

Hey greendad, I haven't seen you post on Yappi for a while. Glad to see that you are back and doing well.

I had to move my season ticket seat twice in 40 years because of load drunk Massillon fans. I don't like fans booing every call or posters on here bragging on Massillon. I respect any football player on any team in Ohio, but especially love and respect Massillon. That is what you're taught to do from the cradle to the grave. Greendad , I hope you learn in life where ever you go 10% of the people just don't fit in, so don't hate the other 90%. They could one day be your best friend.

Tiger #33

I had to move my season ticket seat twice in 40 years because of load drunk Massillon fans. I don't like fans booing every call or posters on here bragging on Massillon. I respect any football player on any team in Ohio, but especially love and respect Massillon. That is what you're taught to do from the cradle to the grave. Greendad , I hope you learn in life where ever you go 10% of the people just don't fit in, so don't hate the other 90%. They could one day be your best friend.
It’s not like it used to be. We used to pack the stadium. Now a lot of people want to go out and tailgate and get drunk. Going into the stadium and watching/cheering on the team isn’t first on the list anymore. And honestly that’s fine. They have that right. But like I said it’s not what it used to be. Hell our student section is pathetic outside of the VI. It’s sad.

Last edited:

bootleg

FWIW the game was terrific high school football, and had me on the edge of my seat. I applaud all the youth that still play the great game and care and lay it out there. Sure there are adults on here that get that all twisted from time to time.

But the fact remains, it was a great high school game and I am glad to have watched it. Goes back the any given day any team can win and any team can lose. After this weekend we will watch college and pro, and by the end of February we will all be ready for high school football to return.

Tiger #33

Let’s try to keep it civil still. No need for it not to be. It’s good conversation and maybe things could change somewhat in a positive manner for everyone. Without all the BS I’ve actually enjoyed being on here rather than coming on here and reading the nonsense that gets posted. Then everyone starts throwing shots. It’s just not necessary. All that negativity and arguing is tiring. Js

TigerPaw

Well said #33. I can only laugh that Mack liked your post but ok.

I'll remove him and my2sense from ignore but give it thru the weekend tops. (and the 2 others). Otherwise that is what I recommend.

Last edited:

Bull GreenDog

I believe that this was the biggest win in school history for Green, in any sport, and also cemented Trey Martin's legacy as the greatest Green football player of all time.

IMO the Other candidates for biggest win are the 2001 football regional final win against Chardon, the 2001 second round win over Youngstown Chaney (who was better than Chardon) and the 2019 basketball regional semifinal win against state #3 ranked Mentor.

The other top candidates for greatest Green football player are Billy Cundiff (2004 QB, committed to UCONN), Brandon Oing (Star RB on the 2001 state final 4 team) and Christian DiLauro (2012 offensive lineman, star at Illinois, current Tennesee Titan).