• Green by 8-16

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Green by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the playoffs been getting us ready for the real competition?
TBH without bloviating, until The BW game I would say no. I certainly didn't expect the Tigers to pitch a shutout but they played well against a shifty offense that we hadn't seen. Got some breaks along the way and capitalized. Week 11 and 12? Not so much. No disrespect to any of those teams.

From this point forward starting with Green IMO it's a different story. I expect a great game on Friday and if we move forward I expect more of that. We can't choose the playoff opponents but I believe the regular season has prepared the Tigers more so than other years. After all we weren't supposed to be here now from a lot of accounts/opinions.

This game is for some hardware- I don’t think Green is going to lay down. They are representing the Fed and they are going to be hungry.
We better come ready to play………….
We talk about the regular season schedule getting us ready for the playoffs.
I know what you're saying but we can only control what we can control. Nate has done what he can do to prepare the kids, road scrimmages vs St. X and Avon, regular season games vs St. Ed and Pick Central.

Massillon's regular season schedules under Coach Moore have absolutely been tough enough to prepare them for the playoffs. As has Green's this year. I was a bit nervous that Green's schedule was too soft and that our record was inflated (which was true last year) but it turned out that the Bulldogs were plenty prepared for the playoffs.

We talk about the regular season schedule getting us ready for the playoffs.
Playoffs getting a team ready for the playoffs? I guess you could hope. I don't even think that's a conversation. With a 16 team format, for the most part, the top seeds are going to have pretty easy games the first three rounds. Regular season scheduling and solid practices throughout the easy rounds of the playoffs are how to be ready.

If Massillon goes to the finals will they be seeing a team better than Ed.s? Pick Central? Debatable. Massillon's schedule has them in a position to be prepared to face high level competition - that's all you can ask. Green on the other hand is not the same situation. Tomorrow they will face the best team they've seen all season. Nothing on their regular season schedule or what's been laid out in front of them in the playoffs IMHO has them "ready for the real competition", if Massillon is considered that.

From the previous posts Green has a solid QB, one great receiver, and some above average receivers? If that's true that gives them a chance, Tigers pass defense hasn't been the best. I think by the time they get settled into the speed, size, and talent of Massillon the game will be over. Kinda like when Massillon use to spot Iggy 21 about every game.

Never should have taken it down.

The billboard? Not sure how effective those are but if private schools can why can't publics?

Now in Stark of course it is political. The hatred of Massillon trumps Hoban/LaSalle, Ed, whatever. You'd think the usual suspects would be all over the Walsh v. Hoban thread w/ their little soapboxes, but in reality they could not care less. F 'em. Go Medina btw. And Avon!

The billboard? Not sure how effective those are but if private schools can why can't publics?

Now in Stark of course it is political. The hatred of Massillon trumps Hoban/LaSalle, Ed, whatever. You'd think the usual suspects would be all over the Walsh v. Hoban thread w/ their little soapboxes, but in reality they could not care less. F 'em. Go Medina btw. And Avon!
They Don't usually jump on the private train until the week Massillon plays them. Hoban's following on here goes from 3 to well over 150 the week they play Massillon.

They Don't usually jump on the private train until the week Massillon plays them. Hoban's following on here goes from 3 to well over 150 the week they play Massillon.
Why kid yourself? Take your head out of the sand. You know why people pull for Hoban in that scenario.

Some thoughts on tomorrow's game:
First, great to see two teams as close as Green and Massillon are play this deep into the season. Wish the game could have been closer, but I think both school understand the move and it will benefit everyone playing and who want to come to the game.
  • Green IMO needs to come out fast and score. Massillon has had some trouble with QB option and play action. However something that the Massillon coaching staff does well is adjust and that's what Massillon did against BW. Once the adjustments were made, BW was lights out.
  • Last week BW initially moved the ball well against the Tigers but floundered two good drives. Green must be flawless in their execution but can't be one or two dimensional.
  • If Green is always empty in the backfield, the Tigers rush will be hard to stop, especially if the corners are shut down.
  • The screen play will help Green if they run one and could be vital and Massillon will need to be prepared to defend and not bite on screen.
  • Massillon's secondary has been a bit loose at times which worries me against the pass heavy O of Green.
  • Brawley however is gate keeper in the backfield for Massillon and can show up on all sides of the ball and be a game changer.
  • The newly introduced 2 QB system has been solid for Massillon.
  • McElroy: I don't understand why he didn't run at the beginning of the season, could have changed the outlook for both loses.
  • McElroy: Kid isn't the fastest, and maybe not the "hardest" runner on the team. But this kid runs with really good vision and patience. And instead of saying he runs hard, he runs with what I would define as torque. The kid gets hit and is just able to keep moving forward. Reminds me of Jamir, but IMO, better vision and patience. Where was he last year??
  • Massillon boys need to keep their heads straight. No stupid penalties. Don't get chippie and cocky.
  • Speaking of cocky, who the hell does #18, Banks, think he is? That kid is going to cost us points and yards if the coaching staff doesn't stop his attitude, show boating, and taunting. I'm surprised he didn't get called last week on two occasions. It's great seeing the coaches "coaching" him after his antics, but it doesn't stop. Sit his down till he learns to play with some sportsmanship and to add, also learns how to block downfield.

Some thoughts on tomorrow's game:
First, great to see two teams as close as Green and Massillon are play this deep into the season. Wish the game could have been closer, but I think both school understand the move and it will benefit everyone playing and who want to come to the game.
  • Green IMO needs to come out fast and score.
100% fortunately for Green supporters the Bulldogs usually start fast. The two Hoover games were the only times this year Green didn't score first. If Massillon gets out to a lead in the first few minutes, that could mean trouble for Green, because we haven't really been in that situation this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.