• Green by 8-16

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Green by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the worst Massillon team in the last 4-5 years. They didn’t win any of those championships. Why would they be favored now lol.
Probably just splitting hairs here but I think this team is better than the 17’ team. That team over achieved in my opinion. This team feels more complete as a whole and seems to be hitting it’s stride. I don’t think anyone is thinking championship but I don’t think it’s a secret that D2 appears as wide open as it’s been in awhile. With that being said, one week at a time. Go Tigers!

Probably just splitting hairs here but I think this team is better than the 17’ team. That team over achieved in my opinion. This team feels more complete as a whole and seems to be hitting it’s stride. I don’t think anyone is thinking championship but I don’t think it’s a secret that D2 appears as wide open as it’s been in awhile. With that being said, one week at a time. Go Tigers!

I agree this is more than I expected after Crable left, and esp. after Hartson got hurt. As young as we were I knew we'd see improvement as the year went along and have exceeded expectations imo. That said the region is pretty week so hard to gauge where we stand beyond this one.

In the 3 playoff games Trey Martin has 9 touchdowns as well as 3 interceptions on defense. If he keeps playing like that, Green has a chance. It might be a slim chance, but still a chance.

The Bulldogs don't have the size or depth of Massillon, but will have 2 of the best 3 players on the field with Martin and Trevor Van Horn along with a veteran defense (9 seniors started tonight) that tackles well and knows how to force turnovers.
I have seen Massillon play a few times this season and I saw Green play Wooster. Wooster and Green were comparable talent wise. Wooster's qb had an off night but Wooster was still in the game all night. Green had the better rushing attack and was more balanced. Both Wooster and Green have average lines. Trey Martin was the difference maker. Wasn't overly impressed with Van Horn. Massillon D-line should have a field day in Green's backfield. Massillon's team speed and overall talent is a level above most teams. Green will not have 2 of the best players on the field.
Trey Martin may be the best but Massillon will have 3 or 4 of the next best and if everyone is healthy add in another one or two. All respect to Green. They have a nice ball team and great community support. I feel in Division 2 you have the usual top tier teams and then everybody else.

I think the big thing that was established very early against BW was Massillon brought the wood. Brawley hit Severs a couple times and knocked him backwards. I think BW knew early on this game was over. Scary part is this Massillon team is very VERY young. They have already exceeded expectations.

Lake was a great location for when Massillon played Perry. The issue was online sold out within 5 minutes. They withheld tickets so there was paper tickets but no one really knew that and assumed the game was sold out for the most part.
Yeah, if they're going to continue online sales (and they are), the first day they're available needs to be to season ticket holders.

Unfortunately for Green, they run into a well oiled machine called Massillon. The tigers should cruise to their first OHSAA state championship. Anything less will be a colossal failure. It was a nice run by Green.
I had a post removed for saying similar things about McKinley but....oh well.

Just to get things straight, Massillon not hoisting the hardware will be a "colossal failure," but McKinley going 8-5 is "miraculous?"

That shows you the difference between Massillon and one of the strongest programs in the Fed.

You’re not wrong (other than the score) but Greens weakness is they can’t hang with Massillon’s speed or line or receivers or depth.

So 38-14 Tigers.
Accordingly many Green fans have made it known they are the true Bulldog of Federal League. Yet if me memory serves me correct, the other Bulldogs were McKinley. Last meeting Mck kicked there Azzes. TIGERTOWN town took it to Mck. Green will come to play. But no match for my Tigers. Tigertown will make an example of Green. 42-12

Curious to see Green play. They need to start fast. Massillon since the St Edward game has been real stingy in the 2nd half of ball games. Over the last 8 games they have given up 20 total points in the 3rd qtr, and 13 points in the 4th qtr. Last night Big Walnut had negative net yards in the 2nd half going into their last series of the game where they had 40 yards. Very similar to the McKinley game who managed 39 yards in the 2nd half. The Massillon Offense was very balanced last night. Green will have to throw the ball and to throw it they will need to protect the QB.

In this game just like the previous playoff games if we show up and execute we'll win. No doubt Green will come out on fire and will play above their athleticism, once things settle down the Tigers take over. Tigers too much for Green, hopefully the Tigers will come out excited to play Green, the Fed champion and we dominate right away. Big Walnut came out early and put together some nice drives offensively, they squandered some great opportunities and we capitalized on them like good teams do. This will be another Regional Title for the Tigers.

I agree this is more than I expected after Crable left, and esp. after Hartson got hurt. As young as we were I knew we'd see improvement as the year went along and have exceeded expectations imo. That said the region is pretty week so hard to gauge where we stand beyond this one.
I agree also. I still think the best team of the Moore era was 2018. That team would have beaten Hoban in the final if not for the Thomas injury. This team is special and playing its best at the right time. Looking at the other 7 teams left, Massillon can hang with or is clearly better than each of them.

In the 3 playoff games Trey Martin has 9 touchdowns as well as 3 interceptions on defense. If he keeps playing like that, Green has a chance. It might be a slim chance, but still a chance.

The Bulldogs don't have the size or depth of Massillon, but will have 2 of the best 3 players on the field with Martin and Trevor Van Horn along with a veteran defense (9 seniors started tonight) that tackles well and knows how to force turnovers.
Eh… I kinda feel like if Trey Martin was the best player on the field, he’d be playing against Walsh Jesuit on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.