• Hudson wins big

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hudson wins a tight ine

Votes: 13 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perry1480

Is there not a thread on this yet?

Hudson’s defense is finally getting some press. It’s why they’ve gotten this far.

Hoban is Hoban. Great skill, great trenches.

discipline will play a big factor in this game.

rooting for Hudson!

unfortunately, Hoban is a different animal than anything Hudson has seen all year. I would love for the Explorers to win, but I don't see it happening.

unfortunately, Hoban is a different animal than anything Hudson has seen all year. I would love for the Explorers to win, but I don't see it happening.
Don’t disagree, but Hudson has its fair share of big games, and they’ve been counted out as well.

it’ll have to be a night Hudson plays mistake free football, especially the defense. Hudson cannot afford stupid PF penalties.

It all starts up front, and Hudson has great linemen. They have to control one player. If there aren't any holes for him to get through, he can't run. Can Hudson get over the non-elite hurdle. They've been a very solid program, but not elite. A win here could vault them into that position.

I could see them avoiding Suburban League venues as Hudson plays regularly in those. That leaves Green as my best guess after Infocision.

Other than trying to stop Sperling, I think this game comes down to Hudson’s OL vs Hoban’s front 7. This may be the best OL Hoban has seen all year.

Hudson always does a great job scheming their opponents. Talent will more than likely take over and Hoban will win but I see Hudson making a game of it for 3 quarters before Hoban pulls away. Hudson played Hoban a few years ago and I believe it was 14-7 at 1/2 time.

They will play sound defense and their tempo offense usually takes the opposing defense a few series to adjust to. They can go really FAST.

Hudson should have one goal this week. Hold Sperling < 150 and if you win you win if you lose you lose. Can they do that?
13 other teams (some more talented than Hudson) have tried that without success. Sterling gets his 225 yards, but even with that Hudson has a legitimate chance to win. Hudson needs the game to come down to a handful of plays and make them at the opportune time. It is possible, but Hoban becomes a different animal this time of year and I think they win in 31-20 type of score.

Hudson always does a great job scheming their opponents. Talent will more than likely take over and Hoban will win but I see Hudson making a game of it for 3 quarters before Hoban pulls away. Hudson played Hoban a few years ago and I believe it was 14-7 at 1/2 time.

They will play sound defense and their tempo offense usually takes the opposing defense a few series to adjust to. They can go really FAST.

They played in the same round 2 years ago and it was tied at halftime. Hudson had a few shots to take a TD lead from the 1 or 2 before halftime but Hoban stuffed them. It was impossible to tell on TV but it looked like Hudson scored on the last play before halftime but the officials called him short. Hoban pulled away a bit in the 4th quarter but it was a highly competitive game.

Any thoughts on where this game will be played? Twinsburg is my guess, though i am hoping it is somewhere else.
Twinsburg is such a bad option. It’s hard to get in and out of and the stands aren’t good. I don’t get why they put playoff games there. Especially when geographically it favors one team way more.

They played in the same round 2 years ago and it was tied at halftime. Hudson had a few shots to take a TD lead from the 1 or 2 before halftime but Hoban stuffed them. It was impossible to tell on TV but it looked like Hudson scored on the last play before halftime but the officials called him short. Hoban pulled away a bit in the 4th quarter but it was a highly competitive game.
I am going to go out on a limb and pick Hudson in the upset. I think Hoban is good, but not as good as in past years. I look for Hudson to pull out a squeaker. If I'm wrong I'll eat crow.

Hoban averaging 42 and giving up around 14 against the toughest schedule in D2. Hudson will need to hold Sperling to 3 scores while trying to put up the same. Hoban by 2-3 scores

Any thoughts on where this game will be played? Twinsburg is my guess, though i am hoping it is somewhere else.
anywhere but infocision.

They will play sound defense and their tempo offense usually takes the opposing defense a few series to adjust to. They can go really
My introduction to Lamar Sperling. I didn’t know who he was before the game. By mid-4th quarter I told the guy sitting next to me this sophomore is the best player on the field. Hoban has much more than him including Brad Meandler’s next prodigy at Qb. Hoping Hudson has a punchers chance.

maybe the powers of be will pull something like they did with Walsh-Buchtel back in 1995 and they played that game in stark county. I never put anything past OHSAA when it is dealing with money

Yes, that's the game. I watched it on TV. Hudson will come and play. They are always coached extremely well and they will not deviate from a good game plan.

Where did they play the game two years ago?

Is Hudson still playing with the same tempo as they have in recent years? They've played a lot of pretty bad teams this year, but their offensive #'s look a little more subdued vs the better competition on their schedule. Maybe a little more run-centric?

Walsh Buchtel 1995???

What was that one?
Louisville. When they met in the 3rd round in 1999, it was at Barberton.

Given the dearth of teams south of Akron willing to host, and given that one will be needed for Lake-Massillon, I think this game is either at InfoCision or a suburb north of Akron. Stow makes sense based on location. Nordonia makes sense because it's a short drive for Hudson, and for Hoban, it's a straight shot up 8. I doubt Twinsburg would want to host two nights in a row, because I think they're almost a lock for Kirtland-Mogadore.