• Walsh by 1-7

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Walsh by 8-16

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Walsh by 17+

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weather will keep a lot of folks at home and may be a big part of the story.

My key match ups>

• Walsh OL v Hoban DL: Let's face it, QB play is not the strength for either team so if the defenses know the run is primarily coming then whoever wins this battle will probably win the game.
  • Safety Play: To me what sets apart the various levels of football is the play of the safeties. At the HS level what separates the good from the average is the ability to prevent the HR type TD run with the correct pursuit angle. If points become difficult to attain then a long TD run may be the difference between winning and losing.
  • Coaches: On the field many think Alexander has an advantage over Tyrell but there is much more to coaching deep in the playoffs than Xs & Os. Things like practicing in/for cold weather, managing player distractions, and managing the sideline.
Who believes that Auggie.....u must be a Walsh fan to even consider the 2....its Frosh vs varsity level

Hoban's halftime adjustments and long-game training have once again paid off against a great Walsh team. I hope this rivalry continues to be strong for years to come.

Scary thing is Sperling is no where close to watching Trayanum run the ball IMO. He was on another level.
Sperling is a better back. Vision combined with body control and the ability to go in any direct he wants faster than anyone he plays. The other guy is pretty fast though and looks better in his uni. Is Sperling big enough for power 5? That could be the only thing against him.

These are all great points...over the years i havent seen any coaching staff better at making adjustments than hoban. I would suspect that if Walsh has the same gameplan as the first game that hoban will be ready.

The hoban D has progressed SUBSTANTIALLY over the season. The weaknesses in the secondary are not completely eliminated, but much iimproved.

the hoban qb has improved a bit over the season, and has put in some good runs in the later part of the year, and thrown a few completions a game, both of which are just enough to keep a defense off balance on the sperling runs. throw in a misdirection play for good measure.

Hoban D will have a takeaway and rest of team will be solid. Will be close early, but Hoban wears Walsh down in second half. Hoban by 14+. Great season for walsh but it ends tonight.

This guy was not to far off on his prediction.

While the score was close for the first half, it was over early when it was clear Walsh was never going to be able to stop the run.

Congrats to the Warriors on a great season. I can't say enough about how Alexander has grown that program. Hopefully, they can hold onto him.

I've been to some brutally cold Hoban playoff games in recent years, none colder than the New Philly game at Northwest in 2016, although the Brush game the next year was pretty darn close. Their style of play more than fits those types of elements, but I don't think weather is a factor tonight. Low 30's with virtually no wind is more than manageable for offenses.
Funny we were just talking about that game last night. Brutal!

Sperling's final numbers- 357 yards on 31 carries.

I think he's as good as any Hoban back ever. I don't know if it will translate to the college game but his combination of speed, lateral quickness, strength and vision is exceptional. His patience and vision are top notch.

It was Hobans night for sure. No answer for their running game. Walsh had a great season and its nice that they are back playing playoff football. Good luck to Hoban....unless they play Green!