Region 4 Semi-Finals: Elder(10-2) vs. Lakota West(12-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squibb kicks way too underutilized in football these days.
I get not wanting to give up the field position, but I’d rather LW start at the 35 than run one back. I’m not being critical of LeMasters, bc he’s been a stud all year, but I think his leg is getting worn down a bit, which is typical this late in the season.

Elder should be able to keep the West Offense in check, but it’s going to be really tough sledding vs the west D. As others have said, expect a low scoring game.

I wonder how much LW will have Hartford and Minich playing both ways? Both are starting P5 level safeties but also play some WR. #14 Remy and #4 Lloyd are also really good WRs for them but they do not appear to have a stud RB and their OL is average

Anyone know the parking situation at Princeton? I recall going to a game out there several years ago and vaguely remember perhaps parking in a grass field across the street from the stadium, but not sure.

Any parking on grass would be a mess after it rains all day.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Anyone know the parking situation at Princeton? I recall going to a game out there several years ago and vaguely remember perhaps parking in a grass field across the street from the stadium, but not sure.

There is a big paved parking lot on Chester Road directly across from the baseball fields. I presume it will cost $5.
The rain is supposed to stop by 4:00.

Ironically, Elder played Lakota West that game. If I recall, there were plenty of spots across the street at the school. There’s also a smaller lot near the field.

Will weather/conditions help Elder or LW or neither?
It should be ok by game time with the rain so that wont be a factor. 55* at kickoff. I don't see the weather being a factor. Spy 14 in short passing game and contain the QB is the X Factor in the game defensively. Offensively - manage clock and play in front of the sticks. Specials will be a key factor tonight per the earlier comments by others.

It should be ok by game time with the rain so that wont be a factor. 55* at kickoff. I don't see the weather being a factor. Spy 14 in short passing game and contain the QB is the X Factor in the game defensively. Offensively - manage clock and play in front of the sticks. Specials will be a key factor tonight per the earlier comments by others.
It’s the most cliched football phrase there is, but it’s true, whomever wins the turnover battle should win the game. Stealing a possession in what should be a Defensive battle, will be critical.

A few years ago Elder played LW in the first round of playoffs against Coach Bolden and I remember Elder put up a big score (42-7 final score) on that team early. If I remember correctly Ramsey called for an onside kick to open the second half. I have a feeling Bolden wants some revenge from that game and would not be surprised to see some kind of trick play/onside kicks early in this one.

I'll take LW only getting 3 points there with the way they've been beating up the Elder defense in the first quarter.

The game is being played between the 45 yard lines right now. Not sure I've seen anything quite like it.

6 - 3 LW

Elder fumbles, LW scores.

13 - 3 LW at the half

Elder offense can get nothing done in the first half. They had excellent field position to start most of their drives but LW is shutting them down.

Special teams giving up a lot of return yards on kickoff and punt returns.

Something will need to change in the second half for Elder to get back in this one. They simply have no solution for moving the ball against Lakota's defense.

Elder’s going to have to figure out how to run the ball, the pass just isn’t there.
Defense has been very good considering the field position advantage West had.

Elder’s going to have to figure out how to run the ball, the pass just isn’t there.
Defense has been very good considering the field position advantage West had.
O line is doing a great job of pass blocking, but Elder can't connect.

Oline is doing a nice job of protection, but lw seems to be dropping 6 or 7 in coverage. Not sure Brownie has been targeted outside of that hail mary thrown up

20 - 3

Nothing I've seen has convinced me Elder can get back into this one. LW defense reminds me of some of those St X teams from the 80s.

E had a chance to really get back in this to
Start the 4th but couldn’t move the ball once they got past mid field.

E had a chance to really get back in this to
Start the 4th but couldn’t move the ball once they got past mid field.
That's pretty much the story of the entire game. Elder had excellent field position and just couldn't get anything going.

That's pretty much the story of the entire game. Elder had excellent field position and just couldn't get anything going.
I wish Schoster had been more decisive in taking off when there was nowhere to throw. I think they could’ve extended a few more drives instead of going 3 & out.

That said, I think the game plan was probably a little too pass heavy given the West Secondary and weather. I would’ve liked to seen them run the ball a little more early, especially the opening drive

Last edited:
The fumble and subsequent TD before half was a killer. I didn't expect West to move the ball with as much ease as they did. Surprised Elder didn't use more rub routes or quick game throws as an extension of the run game. Seemed like they had 3v2 out on the edge a decent amount and didn't go there.

I wish Schoster had been more decisive in taking off when there was nowhere to throw. I think they could’ve extended a few more drives instead of going 3 & out.
For the most part the offense seemed out of sync all evening. LW did a good job of stopping the run with 6 players and were able to drop the rest back in pass coverage. Even when Schoster had time to throw he couldn't find anyone open.

The fumble and subsequent TD before half was a killer. I didn't expect West to move the ball with as much ease as they did. Surprised Elder didn't use more rub routes or quick game throws as an extension of the run game. Seemed like they had 3v2 out on the edge a decent amount and didn't go there.
Yep, that was a big momentum changer. Elder had the ball in good field position to start that drive and unfortunately Schoster fumbled after what would have been a nice run.

Status
Not open for further replies.