#1 Moeller vs. #16 Oak Hills
#8 Fairfield vs. #9 Mason

#4 Princeton vs. #13 Walnut Hills
#5 Lakota East vs. #12 Sycamore

#3 Lakota West vs. #14 West Clermont
#6 Milford vs. #11 Lebanon

#2 St. Xavier vs. #15 Hamilton
#7 Elder vs. #10 Colerain
This mean Beat Colerain and Play X in Round 2 at X?

1634957339180.png

The bottom half of the bracket looks like the harder side. Moeller looks like it could easily walk to the Regional Championship.

Yes. Moeller got a great draw. They did earn it with wins over St. Ed's and St. Ignatius. They had a tough schedule.

Not a great draw for Elder. Every playoff game will be difficult. Lakota West is walking through the first 2 opponents, but I don't think they wanted X on their side of the bracket.

If Elder had another game in week 3, whether their original opponent was able to play or if they found another Ohio opponent to play - and they won that game, would it have been enough to get them ahead of Milford?

Looks like Joe Eitel has most games updated from tonight and there aren't many L2 games missing, so I would expect the seeds to hold as they are now.

Last time the Cardinals came to the Pit was for the ESPN game. Hopefully they bring a big crowd and the Pit is rocking for another classic playoff matchup between these two.

If Elder had another game in week 3, whether their original opponent was able to play or if they found another Ohio opponent to play - and they won that game, would it have been enough to get them ahead of Milford?

Looks like Joe Eitel has most games updated from tonight and there aren't many L2 games missing, so I would expect the seeds to hold as they are now.

Last time the Cardinals came to the Pit was for the ESPN game. Hopefully they bring a big crowd and the Pit is rocking for another classic playoff matchup between these two.
Depends on if Elder won and how St Mary's did. I know St Mary's beat Louisville Trinity.

I had to to do the math. Had Elder played and beat the St Louis team and everything else stayed the same. Elder's Level 2 divisor would have gone up to 89. The St Louis team has one more game tomorrow so all Level 2 are not in yet.

If St Mary's loses that game, Elder would finish with 18.63652 If St Mary's wins, Elder finishes with 19.14213. Which both would move Elder up to 6.

Last edited:
Elder will finish with 16.5081 points.

Each game was worth part of that average.
If Football North beats Ignatius their level and Elder's overall could go up.

CovCath 5.0569
Moeller 5.7832
Football North 1.2818
LaSalle 4.3862

Points are under two ways by your wins, and your opponents wins.
Elder scored 24 Level 1 points. They also scored 113.5 Level 2 points.

When you do the math and turn those numbers into Level 1 and 2 pints.

L1 2.6666667
L2 13.8414634

To say this a different way, Moeller is the Number 1 seed because the teams they beat won and got them move Level 2 points than X's.

You want to win and play teams that don't play each other to get the most points.

If my math is right, if Elder had beaten Roncalli they would have finished with a final Harbin average of 24.712 which would put them fifth.

Yes. Moeller got a great draw. They did earn it with wins over St. Ed's and St. Ignatius. They had a tough schedule.

Not a great draw for Elder. Every playoff game will be difficult. Lakota West is walking through the first 2 opponents, but I don't think they wanted X on their side of the bracket.
I agree that Moeller was very impressive with wins over Ignatius and St. Edward. They had a tough schedule as you mentioned. The thing that is odd though is that they finished 3rd in the GCL but have the #1 seed.

I agree that Moeller was very impressive with wins over Ignatius and St. Edward. They had a tough schedule as you mentioned. The thing that is odd though is that they finished 3rd in the GCL but have the #1 seed.
In 2012 Moe was 7-3 and 1-2 in the GCL; same thing as this year. They were the 3 seed that year, but won the state championship. Could it be…nah!
But, odd how you finish 3rd in your league and get a #1 seed. This feeds to the argument how difficult the schedule is in the entire GCL.

How can Moeller be #1? They have 3 losses and got turbo clocked by St X. This is the most retarded system I have ever seen. Might as well let the GMC coaches set the seeds again.

How can Moeller be #1? They have 3 losses and got turbo clocked by St X. This is the most retarded system I have ever seen. Might as well let the GMC coaches set the seeds again.
The win over St Eds was massive. I’d like to know how things would look if they lost that game

Moeller played good Teams, who Won a lot of Games despite losing to Moeller? Allowing 16 Teams, including an 0-10 Team is definitely the stupidest thing I have ever seen!

Moeller played good Teams, who Won a lot of Games despite losing to Moeller? Allowing 16 Teams, including an 0-10 Team is definitely the stupidest thing I have ever seen!
What’s your alternative plan to letting the #16 team play? A bye for #1? How would that change anything? Why does it bother you so much? #1 seed gets a cupcake no matter how many wins they had.

What’s your alternative plan to letting the #16 team play? A bye for #1? How would that change anything? Why does it bother you so much? #1 seed gets a cupcake no matter how many wins they had.
It is totally unnecessary for 16 Teams to begin with. No 0-10 School should be in the Playoffs in any division. That bothers me because it’s just not right! I have already stated I have no problem with the 1 seed getting a Bye should the 16 drop out.

It is totally unnecessary for 16 Teams to begin with. No 0-10 School should be in the Playoffs in any division. That bothers me because it’s just not right! I have already stated I have no problem with the 1 seed getting a Bye should the 16 drop out.
Most people would agree that 16 playoff teams are not “necessary”. Just like 7 divisions are not necessary. So what? Don’t let it bring you down. Just take some deep breaths. It will all be OK.

Reactions: 4GX
Most people would agree that 16 playoff teams are not “necessary”. Just like 7 divisions are not necessary. So what? Don’t let it bring you down. Just take some deep breaths. It will all be OK.
16 Teams also makes the regular season irrelevant. 18 Teams for 16 spots? That’s not very fun for anyone!

Irrelevant? regular season…only if you don’t care where you are seeded.
However, if I was running a program my non-starters would be getting a ton of opportunity and experience in games.

Irrelevant? regular season…only if you don’t care where you are seeded.
However, if I was running a program my non-starters would be getting a ton of opportunity and experience in games.
Exactly the Teams that normally would not make the Playoffs could careless about their seed! They just excited to be in the Playoffs at 2-8??‍♂️