Region 4 Championship: Archbishop Moeller (12-1) vs Lakota West (13-0)

Who wins

• Moeller by 17+

• Moeller by 8-16

• Moeller by 1-7

• West by 1-7

• West by 8-16

• West by 17+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Perhaps because they're surrounded by other schools that keep robbing their cookie jar
Nah. The private schools take kids from all over the City. Kings is right next to Mason and they seem to be doing alright. Lakota West is also next to Mason and they are doing alright. Mason Coaching Staff is terrible. Plus other athletic programs at Mason seem to be able to figure it out.

Nah. The private schools take kids from all over the City. Kings is right next to Mason and they seem to be doing alright. Lakota West is also next to Mason and they are doing alright. Mason Coaching Staff is terrible. Plus other athletic programs at Mason seem to be able to figure it out.
But Kings is D2 or D3. Being in D1, Mason is in a really bad spot

Would agree in the grand scheme of things Mason was not that good. They beat a Springboro team that had several key players injured. I have been saying for years Mason is one of the most underperforming football programs in the state. Their facilities are incredible and it is a huge school district, yet they can't put together a solid football program.
This year's mason team was not expected to be good AT ALL. They lost there best player in Molnar and had to replace alot of guys. People do not realize alot of Mason kids do not want to play football, regardless of reasoning. And Castner does not recruit kids like other public schools. To say that because they have nice facilities that they should be good is ridiculous. There is no correlation at the high school level.

Nah. The private schools take kids from all over the City. Kings is right next to Mason and they seem to be doing alright. Lakota West is also next to Mason and they are doing alright. Mason Coaching Staff is terrible. Plus other athletic programs at Mason seem to be doing alright.
Moeller and X take alot of kids from mason. For example, imagine Bockhorst and Hausemann playing for Mason - among many other kids that live in the Mason district. Mason gets alot out of there kids and often plays the eventual regional champion early on in playoffs.

Not surprised this was a battle. We're still deciding where to send our 6th grader. LW seems a bit drug friendly while Moeller is straight weird.

Moeller and X take alot of kids from mason. For example, imagine Bockhorst and Hausemann playing for Mason - among many other kids that live in the Mason district. Mason gets alot out of there kids and often plays the eventual regional champion early on in playoffs.
Always curious about Moe/X take a lot of kids from Mason/Lakota. I really do not know the answer. What notable players on Moe came from Mason or Lakota on this year’s team? I am not talking about players living in the district who have gone to private schools their whole life. I am talking about kids who were there through eighth grade and then left for private.

Frank the first:
What is the over under for penalties, penalty yards and personal Fouls?
I got it at 20, 200 and 6
Geez, I was dead on.
Must have been a brutal 4 hour "game" to watch.
Should have provided over under on concussions as a result of the dirty play.
We like to have the R4 rep be a team we can be proud of but every now and again a Moeller or LW slips through the cracks

The social worries seem very similar to the cult you've got running on Montgomery road. I like the new jerseys
Really? Didn't SHS beat them by 40?
No but they smacked Fairfield in the mouth. The same Fairfield that ran Wayne off the field and took West to 2 overtimes. You can’t always go by comparative scores.
LOL I was literally the only person here during the cox years.
Springfield does NOT go deep on every play. The long tonight was maybe 30 yards, and he had 26 completions. He has 265 completions for 4120 yards, 15 yards a completion, that's not going deep on every play to inflate numbers.

I could see an argument for LW winning GWOC, but not Mason, Fairfield or Princeton. Mason beat Boro 29-26, Springfield blasted Boro 54-14.
Fairfield also ran Wayne off the field and got blasted by Mason 30-7. Comparative scores don’t always matter. Some times it’s the styles of the teams and matchups. For what’s it worth I don’t think Mason would’ve matched up that well with Springfield. Mason was solid on defense but much more so against run. They weren’t near as good on the back end. Offensively they were very mediocre. They won this year mostly by controlling the clock and relying on defense.

No but they smacked Fairfield in the mouth. The same Fairfield that ran Wayne off the field and took West to 2 overtimes. You can’t always go by comparative scores.

Fairfield also ran Wayne off the field and got blasted by Mason 30-7. Comparative scores don’t always matter. Some times it’s the styles of the teams and matchups. For what’s it worth I don’t think Mason would’ve matched up that well with Springfield. Mason was solid on defense but much more so against run. They weren’t near as good on the back end. Offensively they were very mediocre. They won this year mostly by controlling the clock and relying on defense
Well, FF v Wayne was game 1 way back in mid August. You can't compare where teams are in game 1 to where they are in the playoffs 3 months later.

LOL I was literally the only person here during the cox years.
Well I was here some during those years to. I’ll take this any day over the Cox years even it it’s coming up short in a regional title game. Better to get there then not at all. Let Cox wallow in his mediocrity at Fairborn.

This year's mason team was not expected to be good AT ALL. They lost there best player in Molnar and had to replace alot of guys. People do not realize alot of Mason kids do not want to play football, regardless of reasoning. And Castner does not recruit kids like other public schools. To say that because they have nice facilities that they should be good is ridiculous. There is no correlation at the high school level.
I will give Castner is props this year. I think he got the absolute most out of the Mason that he could’ve gotten this year. They were very limited on offense. Defense was solid and finishing 2nd in league and getting to the 3rd round of playoffs after being picked preseason 6 or 7th is a great season for them.

No doubt. I am sure that is what all the Lakota West fans are thinking tonight. Can’t wait to see how this team looks post-Mitch.

-CardinalsFan
Will be interesting to see. Defense should be solid again. They lose some great talent there but will have several players back including Bukari Miles in the secondary who tore an ACL in preseason and missed the entire year. He would’ve been starting. The questions are obviously going to be at QB with Mitch gone. The JV team went 8-2 losing only to St X 14-3 and Fairfield 18-14. I will say though that none of the 3 QB’s they had stood out. Plus I think they lose the entire o line with the exception of maybe 1 player. They will have Remy and Wilson back at the receivers and Gonzalez back at running back. They’ll also have the sophomore tight end back who has a lot of potential and started to come into his own at the end of the year. But the big questions will obviously be QB and offensive line.