Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Wyoming by 1-8

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Wyoming by 9-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wyoming by 17+

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Lies, damn lies and statistics. Which teams is the multi faceted juggernaut? A vs B .. Total yards each = 214 yards. Team A racks up 53 yds passing. Team B 46 yds. Do these #s suggest a butt whomping? Idk , going forward how S maps. Suggesting a slow roll and a patient chicken count heading toward a Monroe Friday coronation..
You make so much sense please post more of your fantastic insights. Also, the incoherent ramblings are wonderful. You really know high school football cant wait to see your next post

I remember the last time these 2 met in 2016. Ryan Markoff “White Flight” was QB1 for the Knights. Beat Wyoming with ease in the regional final. Then lost a heartbreaker against Hartley up there at London high school. Got stopped at the 1 yard line to tie the game up. I expect the knights take care of business Friday just like they did years ago.
Ironically, that was the year Alter beat Indian Hill (54-28), Massie (28-0) and then Wyoming (35-7) in the playoffs. Does history repeat itself? I think so.

The Hartley game was a dandy and if I remember correctly, it was a "three quarter game"; Hartley opened the second half with a dang near 12 minute drive for no points...I believe Alter took over well inside their own five yard line with less than a minute left in the quarter.

Last edited:
I do think Alter should win this game, but don't count Wyoming out. They are smaller this year, but they are still in the regional finals, and these seniors and junior DO know how to win games. I believe they went to state last year (runner-up) and won the year before that. I may be off though. I do think Alter will take this one with the run game. The offensive line for the knights was shaky in the beginning of the year, but since McNick they have been top class and consistent. They have had many 90+ yard drives so ill take (Alter 35 - Wyoming 14)

With the suspension of 2-3 players on the Knights, how will they be able to handle the "next man up" mentality. Going to be tough I will change my prediction Alter-24 Wyoming-21

With the suspension of 2-3 players on the Knights, how will they be able to handle the "next man up" mentality. Going to be tough I will change my prediction Alter-24 Wyoming-21
If true, it's probably closer but still a "blow out." I think people view Wyoming as the team they've been the past 5 years and this year's team is much different. Don't forget, they beat a very very very bad Mariemont team by only 3 points and has other 1 score games against an average Reading team and a below average Madeira team. Alter might be leading those same teams 35-0 after 1 quarter of they played. Alter smoked an Indian Hill team that held Wyoming to 3pts. Again, there's nothing in results that suggests this game will be close. Evan Prater, Andrew Marty, and CJ Hester aren't going to be on the sideline. I hope I'm wrong. I'm a big Hancock fan as opposed to most people but it's just not happening this year.

If true, it's probably closer but still a "blow out." I think people view Wyoming as the team they've been the past 5 years and this year's team is much different. Don't forget, they beat a very very very bad Mariemont team by only 3 points and has other 1 score games against an average Reading team and a below average Madeira team. Alter might be leading those same teams 35-0 after 1 quarter of they played. Alter smoked an Indian Hill team that held Wyoming to 3pts. Again, there's nothing in results that suggests this game will be close. Evan Prater, Andrew Marty, and CJ Hester aren't going to be on the sideline. I hope I'm wrong. I'm a big Hancock fan as opposed to most people but it's just not happening this year.

^ not saying you are wrong this time, but in general, this is the kind of logic that has lost sports bettors millions of dollars.

Maybe take into consideration Wyoming's last game.

Do not underestimate Wyoming. They are in regional finals which means they are a good team and can knock off anyone. Good coaching also goes a long way. Think this will be a tight game. GO Knights!

Wyoming’s lone loss is to Indian Hill. Alter totally dismantled IH. Anyone go to that Wyoming IH game see what happened?
Wyoming was so worried about stopping the Run with CHL freshmen Devlan Daniel that they got beat over the top.

Daniels had 12 TD's coming into that game. He had 0 and Podojil threw for 3.

Wyoming didnt really make any adjustment for the pass in the 2nd half. 214yds passing was the most all season for IH (their only game w/more was in there loss to Alter 215)

As a CHL follower I have learned to never count Wyoming out of ANY game b.c they are coached well and have a winning culture BUT i think Alter is 2 TD's better than them.

30-17 final Alter

Question for Alter fans. Do all Freshmen dress for varsity games? I went to last weeks game and it didn’t seem the roster was that big. Also is Noah Jones a Freshmen? ….talented kid.

I think Wyoming, like Massie will be reliant on game control and coaching (not talent) to stay in it. Wyoming seems light compared to previous years. Massie's key injuries left them with only an inside run game left and too one dimensional and Shawnee just didn't face the adversity and good defense required to overcome Wyoming (Or likely any other of the top teams) It is the golden ticket Alter fans should hope for. Alter may be their own worst enemy rather than their opponent. They play a clean game, no fumbles or stupid penalties and they should come out on top. Unfortunately, Alter does not look explosive to me. They certainly have size and speed on their side. I look for Wyoming to hang around but Alter will feel it was a comfortable win. Alter perhaps may be the one team in DIV that can match up size and speed with Glenville.
This Massie Fan will root for Alter. Go Knights !

24-14 Alter.

Question for Alter fans. Do all Freshmen dress for varsity games? I went to last weeks game and it didn’t seem the roster was that big. Also is Noah Jones a Freshmen? ….talented kid.
Freshman do dress, their team is low on numbers this year, around 65-70. Past Alter teams would have 80-90. Noah Jones is a second year tail back for the Knights. As an alumni I will say I have seen plenty of Alter running backs, and if he continues to play this way the rest of his career he could easily be top 3-5 All Time at Alter.

Apparently starters, Collin Wehner #15, Nate Fussnecker #72, and Simon Deddens #9 will not be dressing for tonight's game due to "off-field shenanigans" Another case of Alter beating themselves. It will be interesting to see if they can still pull one off against Wyoming tonight.
It seems like we played this game last week with suspensions, ect. #15 CB (probably the best DB), #9 DT (was replaceable with #99) both were good on the defense but plugging in their replacements does not miss much. #72 RT a good lineman but IMO, not the core lineman that could not be replaced. If this is true, Alter still has a next man up to go at it.

Maybe next week, 11 starters will be suspended or out for other reasons.

Apparently starters, Collin Wehner #15, Nate Fussnecker #72, and Simon Deddens #9 will not be dressing for tonight's game due to "off-field shenanigans" Another case of Alter beating themselves. It will be interesting to see if they can still pull one off against Wyoming tonight.
Cobra I know you are a big Knights fan and probably have lots of connections with the team. But where are you finding this information? These boys are charitable, at least thats what my son tells me (keeping his name anonymous) I couldn't imagine #15 especially. Isn't he a captain?

If this is accurate I give Alter credit for not sweeping (whatever it was) under the rug till the season was over. Maybe it was shenanigans that couldn’t be ignored. There are a lot of programs, I’m afraid ,who would keep the punishment “in house”.

This is 100% BS. This is a troll post. No validity at all. They are simply trying to amuse themselves by watching the rest of us talk about it.

Cobra I know you are a big Knights fan and probably have lots of connections with the team. But where are you finding this information? These boys are charitable, at least thats what my son tells me (keeping his name anonymous) I couldn't imagine #15 especially. Isn't he a captain?
I am a bit slow on the uptake...what does charitable mean in this instance?

Again, there were rumors last week of key players being out against Massie....

This is not BS. I am a big Alter fan and have good insight into the team and have heard from reliable sources (who I will not name) that these are confirmed suspensions. Not looking for amusement, just sharing what I've heard.
Regardless of suspension or not, we are looking at a dog fight tonight at Monroe. Tougher team always wins and both are tough nuts. Should be a good game regardless of personnel.

This is not BS. I am a big Alter fan and have good insight into the team and have heard from reliable sources (who I will not name) that these are confirmed suspensions. Not looking for amusement, just sharing what I've heard.
Alright. This is terrible I expected these boys to be boys of faith. I cant imagine how dumb they feel. But suspended or not these boys will fight. I was reading the Dayton Daily and they interviewed Henry Reifschneider #34 who had 21 tackles last week. He said the defense is gonna bring it. So i still have the Knights

Shedding a negative limelight on high school kids by NAME on a message board makes this worse even if the allegations end up being true. Your “anonymous inside info” should’ve been mirrored with “3 anonymous players” then in response. Classy move there .

Shedding a negative limelight on high school kids by NAME on a message board makes this worse even if the allegations end up being true. Your “anonymous inside info” should’ve been mirrored with “3 anonymous players” then in response. Classy move there .
You are 100% correct. One of my biggest pet peeves about these boards.

Must be a Alter student/football player trying to get the pot stirred.

Once again, whether or not this is true I think all of us are just ready to watch a dog fight of a Regional Final. Outside noise should not have an effect on these teams and by outside noise I mean these "rumors"

Agreed. Not trying to stir any pots or cause any rumors... just sharing what I've heard. The name dropping is irrelevant because it would be evident if Alter had 3 missing starters tonight. Best of luck to both teams, interested to see who will come out on top.
Cant wait to head down. For all who are heading down dress warm! its gonna get cold especially if the rain comes. Good luck to all! praying for no injuries!