Recent Hockey Scores

nati90

With everyone talking about how it is safe to say that Moeller will win the league, I'm interested in knowing what everyone thinks after this weekend. Moeller tied Dublin-Jerome and Centerville and lost to Talawanda (Don't know about the Alter game).

With everyone talking about how it is safe to say that Moeller will win the league, I'm interested in knowing what everyone thinks after this weekend. Moeller tied Dublin-Jerome and Centerville and lost to Talawanda (Don't know about the Alter game).

Dublin Jerome was a good team, but defintely Moe should have won. Moeller had 34 shots on goal, and did not score.

The team seemed a little flat this past weekend. On Friday, they were missing a senior captain, one of the scoring leaders, due to illness. There were a couple of dumb penalties. Moeller led the entire game 2-0 until the last two minutes of the 3rd period. Two quick goals and bam! Tied.

On Saturday, Moeller pretty much controlled the the tempo. They were definitely better passers and skaters. Moe led the entire game until the last 3 minutes (again.) A sophomore goalie was tending. Did a great job. The team had some dumb penalties which led to two of the goals, including the winning one. Unfortunately, one of the penalty killers was out due to an injury from Friday night. We really missed his speed and hustle.

Alter was cancelled due to ice problems.

Overall, I think the team will win the League and have a good chance of getting to the final 4.

I actually heard that Hoover threw the last goal(game winning goal) in with his hand, but you never know what to believe :shrug:

do any of you seem to think that this slump of the moeller hockey team has been in has been due to injury's and illness of some of the players?

do any of you seem to think that this slump of the moeller hockey team has been in has been due to injury's and illness of some of the players?

Losing one of the sophomores to a broken arm in the Centerville game definitely hurts, especially on penalty kills. His speed and hustle helped Moeller be one of the best penalty kill teams in the area. He was out against Talawanda, and the tying and winning goals were scored when Moe was short handed. That was also how St. X scored their 2nd goal near the end of the 3rd period last weekend.

I think Moeller is deep enough that they can over come when a player misses a game or two due to illness. What they need to do, is take the rest of the season VERY seriously and play with a focused, single-minded purpose to win the league, the region and state.

Moeller's biggest opportunities for improvement are passing (too many turnover and missed passes) and scoring. We win on shots almost every game against our opponents, even the games we lose. But we are not getting the puck past the goalie.

When the goalie gives up only one or two goals per game, Moeller should have had enough goals to win those games.

Losing one of the sophomores to a broken arm in the Centerville game definitely hurts, especially on penalty kills. His speed and hustle helped Moeller be one of the best penalty kill teams in the area. He was out against Talawanda, and the tying and winning goals were scored when Moe was short handed. That was also how St. X scored their 2nd goal near the end of the 3rd period last weekend.

I think Moeller is deep enough that they can over come when a player misses a game or two due to illness. What they need to do, is take the rest of the season VERY seriously and play with a focused, single-minded purpose to win the league, the region and state.

Moeller's biggest opportunities for improvement are passing (too many turnover and missed passes) and scoring. We win on shots almost every game against our opponents, even the games we lose. But we are not getting the puck past the goalie.

When the goalie gives up only one or two goals per game, Moeller should have had enough goals to win those games.

That seems pretty accurate, Moeller's main problem is definitely finishing. Both in scoring and games in general. For example the North Central game where they won 2-0 but could have easily but the game way out of reach in the 2nd and 3rd period's.

That seems pretty accurate, Moeller's main problem is definitely finishing. Both in scoring goals and finishing games in general. For example the North Central game where they won 2-0 but could have easily but the game way out of reach in the 2nd and 3rd period's.

Last edited:
this weekend, for the south division, st. x came out 0-3, moeller, 1-2, tallawanda 3-0, and sycamore 2-1. does moeller still have a chance at reaching the final four or will it be sycamore or tallawanda or a columbus team?

this weekend, for the south division, st. x came out 0-3, moeller, 1-2, tallawanda 3-0, and sycamore 2-1. does moeller still have a chance at reaching the final four or will it be sycamore or tallawanda or a columbus team?

Hard to say how the league tournament and playoffs will turn out. Thought you might be interested in some interesting tidbits regarding the teams who played last weekend:

1. St. X lost one of their best players for the rest of the season to an injury a couple of weeks ago.

2. Talawanda picked up TWO triple A players, who deserted their other team, in the middle of the week last week and added them to their roster. Makes me wonder why they want to switch now, right before playoffs but couldn't be bothered to play for the whole season.

3. Moeller played 7 games in 10 days. (One was a reschedule due to ice problems.) I think fatigue was a factor this weekend.

4. Sycamore is playing some of the most consistent and best hockey they have ever played.

Being a Moeller fan, of course I want to say that they will make the final four, but there is still a lot of hockey to be played yet.