Rather than vowing to make sure Sandy Hook wouldn't happen again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
All your points are at least a hundred years obsolete. People own guns because they are afraid of other people with guns. Not as a check on the Federal Government. There is a standing Army. A standing Army that is bigger and badder every single minute of every single day of ever single year. Do we need to keep increasing the standing army, or is it the big bad boogeyman that you need guns to go up against? Don't really see you guys crying about the military.
Is the military not run by government dumbs..

It's absolutely intended as a check on tyranny...you know the thing the guys who wrote the document were escaping?
I saw a report that the IRS recently purchased $1 million in gun ammunition. The IRS? Perhaps for the Treasury Dept? But what are they preparing for? Lol.

The IRS should be abolished
I'm open to a flat tax. I'd suggest 10%. If the Lord God can get by with a tithe, the almighty federal govt should be able to. You would send in name, address, SS# and taxable income x .10. See you next year. But the tax accounting and law industry lobbies would have a conniption fit.

I'm open to a national sales tax exempting food. You choose how much tax you pay by your consumption. That would enable your abolition dream.

But no tax system can work if Repubs are going to spend like slightly restrained Marxists and the Brandon party Marxists are going to spend more money than God has ever seen.

I'm open to a flat tax. I'd suggest 10%. If the Lord God can get by with a tithe, the almighty federal govt should be able to. You would send in name, address, SS# and taxable income x .10. See you next year. But the tax accounting and law industry lobbies would have a conniption fit.

I'm open to a national sales tax exempting food. You choose how much tax you pay by your consumption. That would enable your abolition dream.

But no tax system can work if Repubs are going to spend like slightly restrained Marxists and the Brandon party Marxists are going to spend more money than God has ever seen.
Exactly. Eliminate all federal taxes.

National Sales tax. Abolish 50% of the federal government, severely reduce the welfare state and foreign aid. Leave the UN, NATO, The World Health Organization. That's a start.

Another example of why you should arm yourself. The police are not coming to save you. Even a cop that tried to save his wife was restrained. You dopes who want to disarm are the most useful of all useful idiots for the elite.

I asked you two days ago and you still have not developed a response.

Does my wife carry became she is afraid of people with guns or because she is afraid of being sexually assaulted by a man bigger and stronger than her?
Sorry, Did not mean to ignore a question. Don't remember seeing it, but I'll answer. Again, the being afraid is the issue. I'm sorry if your wife feels afraid. "Research on the subject found that victims use guns to defend themselves in less than one percent of contact crimes, and that the rate of women successfully defending themselves from sexual assault with one is statistically nonexistent " I would look into a self defense class that would give her many options to defend herself that are proven more effective than a gun. Me and my family do not know what it's like to be afraid. Not a way I would like to live.

Let's be clear. I have never said that I don't think that you or your wife do not have the right to have guns. I don't personally think you or any other civilian should have the right to have a military assault rifle or whatever you want to call it. I don't think you or your wife should be able to have guns without having proper training and refresher courses and being licensed to have them. Especially to carry in public.

Another example of why you should arm yourself. The police are not coming to save you. Even a cop that tried to save his wife was restrained. You dopes who want to disarm are the most useful of all useful idiots for the elite.
Who exactly is saying that police should not have appropriate weapons? And why is this an example of why you should arm yourself? He was armed was he not? What exactly did that do for him or his wife? Were the elementary kids supposed to be armed? Were the teachers supposed to be armed? Took Trained Federal Boarder Agents to take him out. Not everyone is cut out to be hero's. Even Police. There were guns a plenty on the scene that day within 3 minutes. Who were the idiots?

Sorry, Did not mean to ignore a question. Don't remember seeing it, but I'll answer. Again, the being afraid is the issue. I'm sorry if your wife feels afraid. "Research on the subject found that victims use guns to defend themselves in less than one percent of contact crimes, and that the rate of women successfully defending themselves from sexual assault with one is statistically nonexistent " I would look into a self defense class that would give her many options to defend herself that are proven more effective than a gun. Me and my family do not know what it's like to be afraid. Not a way I would like to live.

Let's be clear. I have never said that I don't think that you or your wife do not have the right to have guns. I don't personally think you or any other civilian should have the right to have a military assault rifle or whatever you want to call it. I don't think you or your wife should be able to have guns without having proper training and refresher courses and being licensed to have them. Especially to carry in public.
First thing you need to do is explain why any American citizen needs training or a license to exercise a Constitutional Right.

Who exactly is saying that police should not have appropriate weapons? And why is this an example of why you should arm yourself? He was armed was he not? What exactly did that do for him or his wife? Were the elementary kids supposed to be armed? Were the teachers supposed to be armed? Took Trained Federal Boarder Agents to take him out. Not everyone is cut out to be hero's. Even Police. There were guns a plenty on the scene that day within 3 minutes. Who were the idiots?
You are a special kind of stupid.
HE WAS NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER THE SCHOOL TO DEFEND HIS WIFE YOU DI__HEAD!

What's more effective than a 9mm to the sternum?

First thing you need to do is explain why any American citizen needs training or a license to exercise a Constitutional Right.
Because bullets come out of them and can kill people.
You are a special kind of stupid.
HE WAS NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER THE SCHOOL TO DEFEND HIS WIFE YOU DI__HEAD!
But he did have a gun? Others on the scene also had guns? Doesn't seem like having a gun was a 100% effective thing. DID HE USE THE GUN TO SAVE HIS WIFE? NO! Sorry, I would have gone in no matter what and died trying.

And words come out of mouths and can kill people.
But he did have a gun? Others on the scene also had guns? Doesn't seem like having a gun was a 100% effective thing. DID HE USE THE GUN TO SAVE HIS WIFE? NO! Sorry, I would have gone in no matter what and died trying.
You are an absolute moron.

All your points are at least a hundred years obsolete. People own guns because they are afraid of other people with guns. Not as a check on the Federal Government.

Stupider words are rarely uttered.

There is a standing Army. A standing Army that is bigger and badder every single minute of every single day of ever single year.

American gun owners are the largest standing army in the world. And it ain't even close.

What's more effective than a 9mm to the sternum?
It's fine that you don't want to educate yourself. You are not interested in actual self defense. What that response tells me is that you have not seriously looked into self defense for your wife. You can ask "what is more effective than a 9mm to the sternum", but that is so rare as to be statistically zero. Go to an actual self defense class for women and see. Even if she has a gun, she needs more tools to be able to get to that gun in the first place.

It's fine that you don't want to educate yourself. You are not interested in actual self defense. What that response tells me is that you have not seriously looked into self defense for your wife. You can ask "what is more effective than a 9mm to the sternum", but that is so rare as to be statistically zero. Go to an actual self defense class for women and see. Even if she has a gun, she needs more tools to be able to get to that gun in the first place.
Please enlighten us with what "actual self defense" is

I'm really questioning your intelligence now. I had kind of, in passing, questioned it before but...I'm confident after reading this..that you aren't all there.

Awareness. Confidence / Assertiveness. Verbal skills. Psychological skills. Physical skills. Training with weapons or things that can be used as a weapon. Avoidance and being able to remove yourself from situations is very important.

Why in the hell would I go through all that when I can just shoot you?

"Psychological skills." That's frickin' hilarious.

Why in the hell would I go through all that when I can just shoot you?

"Psychological skills." That's frickin' hilarious.
Remember, those are the same people defunding police forces across the fruited plain. Instead of police, they prefer sociologists, psychologists, and social workers to handle crime and criminals. How's that working out since these numbnuts gave away the keys to the jail cells?

I am sure he supports defunding the police and paying for more social workers.
Remember, those are the same people defunding police forces across the fruited plain. Instead of police, they prefer sociologists, psychologists, and social workers to handle crime and criminals. How's that working out since these numbnuts gave away the keys to the jail cells?

Agreed.

That was my first thought as well.

Major league dumbassery.

Bipartisan Senate group releases bill text for gun safety deal, NRA comes out with the statement opposing any changes.​

Key provisions:

• Enhanced background checks:Requires the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) to conduct an enhanced review of purchasers under the age of 21 to determine whether juvenile records disqualify that individual from purchasing a firearm. NICS is given 10 days to complete the investigation, and it unsets after 10 years.
  • State incentives for "red flag" laws: Provides $750 million over five years that will go to states for "crisis intervention programs" including red flag laws, mental health courts, drug courts, veterans’ courts and extreme risk protection orders.
  • Appropriates hundreds of millions for mental health and school safetyprograms, including $120 million over four years for a community mental health block grant program to prepare and train communities and first responders on how to appropriately and safely respond to individuals with mental disorders.
  • Illegal firearm trafficking: Prohibits the straw purchasing and trafficking of firearms by criminals and enhances penalties for possession of firearms by prohibited persons.

Bipartisan Senate group releases bill text for gun safety deal, NRA comes out with the statement opposing any changes.​

Key provisions:

• Enhanced background checks:Requires the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) to conduct an enhanced review of purchasers under the age of 21 to determine whether juvenile records disqualify that individual from purchasing a firearm. NICS is given 10 days to complete the investigation, and it unsets after 10 years.
  • State incentives for "red flag" laws: Provides $750 million over five years that will go to states for "crisis intervention programs" including red flag laws, mental health courts, drug courts, veterans’ courts and extreme risk protection orders.
  • Appropriates hundreds of millions for mental health and school safetyprograms, including $120 million over four years for a community mental health block grant program to prepare and train communities and first responders on how to appropriately and safely respond to individuals with mental disorders.
  • Illegal firearm trafficking: Prohibits the straw purchasing and trafficking of firearms by criminals and enhances penalties for possession of firearms by prohibited persons.
No mention of stronger murder laws? Amazing. We just need more laws!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.