Rather than vowing to make sure Sandy Hook wouldn't happen again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happening? I’m on the boat already ?
I hope you are having a wonderful time. Such a snob:cool:
1653675045163.png

I have not referred to it as an "assault rifle" but I have fired one. My takeaway: heck of a lot of fun to shoot at the range, but 0 civilian utility. Overkill for hunting. Too cumbersome and impractical for home defense, not to mention overkill.
Since you have fired it, can you describe the difference in the round it shoots vs a .22 caliber rifle - which, I assume does have civil utility?

Also, in a self defense situation involving multiple attackers, what kind of weapon would be most effective for cover fire and pushing multiple aggressors back. Think of a rural setting, not an urban one. Thanks.

One of the key things that drove the rise of the current Republican Party was the celebration of a certain model of an ideal man, patterned on the image of the American cowboy.

One of the key things that drove the rise of the current Republican Party was the celebration of a certain model of an ideal man, patterned on the image of the American cowboy.

As opposed to the ideal Liberal “Man”:
1D5B6DC5-1751-4B13-B208-E5722133C2FA.png

Also, in a self defense situation involving multiple attackers, what kind of weapon would be most effective for cover fire and pushing multiple aggressors back. Think of a rural setting, not an urban one. Thanks.
What is this? Call of Duty?

What is this? Call of Duty?
No. I have both guns and understand the differences. On your side of the debate we see a lot of ignorance but with a very high degree of certainty.

You would impress the heck out of me if you could tell me the difference in the rounds for each gun - and if you could express an understanding of how the AR 15 is an excellent self-defense weapon in some places and situations.

I have used the AR 15 for groundhogs because you don't want a hog to crawl up under your porch and die. That's an unpleasant 2 months right there. Rabbits and squirrels meet their demise with the Ruger .22. But I will shoot a hog with the Ruger if I'm loaded with hallow points. The round deformation and tumbling will usually prevent it from running under the porch.

No. I have both guns and understand the differences. On your side of the debate we see a lot of ignorance but with a very high degree of certainty.

You would impress the heck out of me if you could tell me the difference in the rounds for each gun - and if you could express an understanding of how the AR 15 is an excellent self-defense weapon in some places and situations.
I don't care about impressing you. A question was asked about whether anyone had fired a certain model and I gave my takeaway. Your scenario on the surface sounds exceedingly rare. How many gang shootouts are going down at the farmhouse?

List the 288 or shut up.
I’ve looked at the “school shooting” stats that are claimed that high, some of the incidences were:

-A gang member killed a rival gang member on school grounds (possibly not even during school hours if I remember correctly)

- a domestic dispute ending in murder on school grounds

Those are two off the top of my head that made me double-take at the statistics presented. I will see if I can find it.

Reactions: y2h
I’ve looked at the “school shooting” stats that are claimed that high, some of the incidences were:

-A gang member killed a rival gang member on school grounds (possibly not even during school hours if I remember correctly)

- a domestic dispute ending in murder on school grounds

Those are two off the top of my head that made me double-take at the statistics presented. I will see if I can find it.
I'm aware, I want to see how he's going to answer.

So a man should not be a rugged individual who can survive on his own and doesn’t need much from any government or anyone else?
A man should instead allow himself to be emasculated by feminists so females can finally show that they are the true arbiters of truth and justice for a safe a secure society.
Now I will go and puke.

I don't care about impressing you. A question was asked about whether anyone had fired a certain model and I gave my takeaway. Your scenario on the surface sounds exceedingly rare. How many gang shootouts are going down at the farmhouse?
Well you succeeded in not impressing me. Lol.

The .22 has a relatively blunt end and a small cartridge and powder load, so it travels at a lower speed. On impact it deforms and tumbles and causes considerable damage, and usually will not completely exit. It doesn't have very good knock down power. A critter or criminal taking a round in the gut/torso can usually keep coming or running. Unless the round hits the heart or brain, you might have to put several more rounds into them to make them drop.

The .223 round is sharp pointed round with a much larger cartridge and powder load. It is high velocity. It impacts with much more force, so it can knock targets down. It also deforms and tumbles, but also is more likely to exit.

Not too many shootouts at the OK Corral, but if one happens, it's good to be prepared to win. :)

The .223 round is sharp pointed round with a much larger cartridge and powder load. It is high velocity. It impacts with much more force, so it can knock targets down. It also deforms and tumbles, but also is more likely to exit.

Pretty sure the .223 isn't legal to hunt big game out West. Just not enough lead. Now the .243 is a different animal. You can blow up a coyote at 250 yards. lol

Does anyone know or have credible information about whether the perp had previously made a threat?

If so, that would be a heavy implication on our education system.

This lack of self reporting by schools is telling. The kid in Michigan was “on the radar” too.

Status
Not open for further replies.