Randy Moss vs. Jerry Rice

Poll

• Moss

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Rice

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters
Amazed at how guys are able to rehabilitate their reputations. Moss is a media darling now on EPSN. Ray Lewis, ARod...
The media is very finicky, they'll bury a guy but if they can help ratings, they'll bring them in with open arms. I wouldn't call these guys media darlings, I just think they'll do the work for what every ESPN, NFL network pays them. The one that really gets me is ARod, he was so surly and distanced himself from the media, and has never really ever answered any questions of the PED use or anything like that. I guess once you're on the other side, you can't get questioned anymore.

I just want to know how he ended up at Marshall.
Orginally signed with Notre Dame, he got in a fight in high school, Notre Dame pulled back his letter. He went to Florida State and had to sit a transfer year, got caught smoking pot and landed at Marshall.

Who was the better receiver?

Other.

In a book called “They’re Playing My Game” by Hank Stram, Stram was asked if Jerry Rice was the best wide receiver ever. Stram said “Second best. I had a guy come to camp one year and ran a 4.4 sec 40 dash in dress shoes. He was faster than Rice and had huge hands that could catch a football like nobody I ever saw. He was the greatest leaper I ever saw and he could go up and get a pass that nobody could defend.”

Dick Enberg asked “Why couldn’t anyone guard him?” Stram said “Because he was over 7 ft tall”.

Dick: “Why didn’t you sign him?”

Stram: “He wanted to play QB.”

Dick: “What was his name?”

Stram: “His name was Wilt Chamberlain”

From here -

Other.

In a book called “They’re Playing My Game” by Hank Stram, Stram was asked if Jerry Rice was the best wide receiver ever. Stram said “Second best. I had a guy come to camp one year and ran a 4.4 sec 40 dash in dress shoes. He was faster than Rice and had huge hands that could catch a football like nobody I ever saw. He was the greatest leaper I ever saw and he could go up and get a pass that nobody could defend.”

Enberg asked “Why couldn’t anyone guard him?” Stram said “Because he was over 7 ft tall”.

: “Why didn’t you sign him?”

Stram: “He wanted to play QB.”

: “What was his name?”

Stram: “His name was Wilt Chamberlain”

From here -

I believe Stram said it. I also think he's full of . 4.4 in dress shoes?