R4 Regional Semifinals

I can safely say that the better team did not win in the Springboro-Mason game. Mason completely dominated the game. I am unsure if Boro was able to string together more than 3 passes in a row. My 10-year-old said, "Dad, the only way Springboro gets the ball up is by kicking it really far." Possession was probably 75-25, but it doesn't matter if you can't put it in the net. They put two off the post and had one called back for offsides. Mason was playing without arguably their most talented player (GMC leader in points) because of a double yellow during the Beavercreek game.

I can safely say that the better team did not win in the Springboro-Mason game. Mason completely dominated the game. I am unsure if Boro was able to string together more than 3 passes in a row. My 10-year-old said, "Dad, the only way Springboro gets the ball up is by kicking it really far." Possession was probably 75-25, but it doesn't matter if you can't put it in the net. They put two off the post and had one called back for offsides. Mason was playing without arguably their most talented player (GMC leader in points) because of a double yellow during the Beavercreek game.
This time of year, these games are up in the air. Springboro did what was needed with their PK's. Their goalie had two nice saves.

Video of all 8 PKs during the Centerville vs Moeller Regional Semifinal

Noticed the final shot was inadvertently added twice

Last edited:
Based on what I just learned, sounds like Springboro had some help with the referee crew. The AR on the side of the two controversial calls is a Springboro HS referee assignor (2 controversial calls— hand ball leading up to Springboro goal and Masons goal that was pulled out of the net). I don’t understand how OHSAA can assign ref crew that have any ties to either team at this stage of the tournament.
Ha ha. Ok Mason Mom.

Soccer is a cruel game. The better team sometimes loses. Results feel unfair. It what makes a deep run so special. Life moves on.