R4 Regional Semifinals

ELKSONE

#EPND
Thoughts on these two match-ups in R4?

Mason vs Springboro

Centerville vs Moeller

Analysis by Wingback Willie on another thread

I think the Centerville v. Moeller game is shaping up to be a great one. There’s 20+ CUP kids on these combined rosters … 7 will be on the defending National Championship 06 team. Both teams have played 19 games and they each have 14 shut outs on the season. Moeller’s goal differential is 55 (65 for / 10 against) and Centerville is 56 (64 for / 8 against). Versus common opponents this year Moeller has 19 goals for / 8 goals against with 6 shut outs, while the Elks have 20 for and 4 against with 4 shut outs.

Edge to Centerville on paper but this looks like a great game with tons of talent on the field. Run of play goals may be tough to come and this one could likely come down to set pieces.

I'm going to avoid predictions on these.

Can Mason finish their chances? Can Springboro be dangerous on the counter?
Can Moeller generate enough quality looks? Can Centerville finish their set pieces?

I'm surprised OHSAA has selected Bellbrook for the game between Centerville and Moeller; basically a home game for the ELKS!

I'm surprised OHSAA has selected Bellbrook for the game between Centerville and Moeller; basically a home game for the ELKS!
The original location for that game was Centerville …. So at least they moved it to a neutral location …. I’m sure Moeller pointed that out considering last round they got bumped from Norwood HS ( which is a field they rent frequently for their “home” games.)

Gimme a Moeller Mason rematch

No disrespect to Centerville. They could easily win the region and are arguably the second best team in the state. Just a feeling. Both games will be great.